Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Not necessarily the case! I was speaking to my boyfriend online for a couple of months before we met up. There was no disappointment at all, quite the opposite in fact hehe. 11 months after that initial meet up we're still very much together
    That's why I said I was speaking from MY experiences . It would be different for everyone then I suppose.

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Thanks, man! But I can't help thinking:

WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?!
    :woo:

Haha, I can't help you with girls clothes I'm afraid. I absolutely have no ideas lmao. I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy12691)
    Haha, I can't help you with girls clothes I'm afraid. I absolutely have no ideas lmao. I'm sorry
    You could help me because I am not wearing girls clothes. :p: I'm more tomboyish than anything. Thanks, though!
    Okay, I got my outfit. :yep: Now I will just be excited for next week.

ReputationRep:
    ^______^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Don't be so hard on yourself. :spank:

There must be a reason why I'm not getting any :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy12691)
    x
    Completely agree with you on meeting up ASAP. I dunno if it's just me being immature but I get really flustered when I'm constantly trying to read the guy's signals through an internet medium/texting - real life conversation is a much safer way of making sure you two have a connection. It's easy to get confused with compatibility - there's all these good things on paper (e.g. similar interests, backgrounds, etc) but the connection you need to feel is so indescribable and hard to explain and can only be felt when you meet them. RANT!

And on that note, here's a random though: do people actually 'fancy' people these days? Anyone here have a genuine crush on someone?

EDIT: I've been hanging out in the physics forum too much, I used [latex] tags instead of [quote] tags :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    And on that note, here's a random though: do people actually 'fancy' people these days? Anyone here have a genuine crush on someone?
    Yes. But she doesn't want me. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Completely agree with you on meeting up ASAP. I dunno if it's just me being immature but I get really flustered when I'm constantly trying to read the guy's signals through an internet medium/texting - real life conversation is a much safer way of making sure you two have a connection. It's easy to get confused with compatibility - there's all these good things on paper (e.g. similar interests, backgrounds, etc) but the connection you need to feel is so indescribable and hard to explain and can only be felt when you meet them. RANT!

EDIT: I've been hanging out in the physics forum too much, I used [latex] tags instead of [ quote ] tags :rolleyes:
    *crosses fingers for a real-life connection with date on Sunday*

As for crushes, there are a few (straight) guys in my year at school that I 'fancy' in the traditional sense. :p:

How are you all?

EDIT: Your mention of quote tags broke my quote. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)

EDIT: I've been hanging out in the physics forum too much, I used [latex] tags instead of [ quote ] tags :rolleyes:
    I totally agree with you! But also from my own experience..
    A person can talk so much through the internet, but vis-a-vis it's a whole different story.

Maybe meeting up without any expectations would be a wise idea.

(Original post by dbmag9)
    *crosses fingers for a real-life connection with date on Sunday*
    *crosses them too* :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondAndAbove)
    *crosses them too*
    (Original post by dbmag)
    x
    ooh you guys have dates ! Good luck. I'm sure they will be great. Can I expect details sometime this month?

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Yes. But she doesn't want me.
    I know the feeling. Well sort of, but I won't go into details :yep:

Just remember that there's probably way better and fitter ladies to meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    ooh you guys have dates ! Good luck. I'm sure they will be great. Can I expect details sometime this month?
    A full summary immediately afterwards, of course. :p:

Just watched most recent episode of skins.

ReputationRep:
    I feel ill

ReputationRep:
    I feel like shutting down parts of my brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    I don't know if I can call it a date. :woo: Still, I am excited. Just because I get to hang out with a homo other than my friend.
    I'm crossing my fingers for dbmag9, though. I wish him good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    I feel like shutting down parts of my brain
    me too

i feel like switching off my entire body by dying :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    me too

i feel like switching off my entire body by dying :cry:
    :console: Dont die, thats the last thing you want to do :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Not anymore; I'm getting cynical in my old age but the last few people I've fancied have turned out to be...Undesirable, let's say.

ReputationRep:
    I have a crush on someone at work, and he knows it. Trouble is, he's straight and very flirtatious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm903)
    hell yes, sometimes wish I didn't- feelings get so confusing :p: I only speak to him (at length) about once a week when we meet with others outside of college so its difficult to judge how good friends he sees us as let alone if he's at all interested, or gay for that matter but I suspect he is. PLUS the fact that I'm going to uni in September, its local but still...

but back to the original question, yes

On a different note, anyone else feel like this year is going RIDICULOUSLY fast? I have all of 2 possibly 3 months of college...scary thought,

ReputationRep:
    Alas, for I am home. And I have a headache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Alas, for I am home. And I have a headache.
    That applies to me too. The perils of too much alcohol! Not that I really remember how much I had...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.