Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wrok work work. It's all I seem to do!

Another bloody 10 hour shift tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* I'm so sick of not having anything* to do, it's driving me slowly insane

*Not strictly true, as I have an ass-load of revision to do plus a lab report, but I meant workwork.

ReputationRep:
    I am having immense fun on omegle. My two best conversations so far:

Stranger: Hey bud
    You: Good evening, Sir or Madam
    You: Does the day find you well?
    Stranger: **** you
    Your conversational partner has disconnected.

and

Stranger: hi
    Stranger: asl?
    You: Does the evening find you well?
    Stranger: yes
    You: Utterly fantastic news, I am glad to hear it. Tell me, to which province do you belong?
    Stranger: what
    You: Ah, a simpleton. I shall speak more clearly. From where do you hail? To whom do you pay your taxes and owe your fealty? Who, if it comes to it, will you die defending in war?
    Stranger: scotland
    You: Ah, and everything makes sense. Tell me, young Scot, when was the last time you served the righteous English people in war time?
    You: I would hope it was recently; enemies positively abound these days. Abound, I say!

Both very entertaining for their own reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

and

You: Utterly fantastic news, I am glad to hear it. Tell me, to which province do you belong?
    You: Ah, a simpleton. I shall speak more clearly. From where do you hail? To whom do you pay your taxes and owe your fealty? Who, if it comes to it, will you die defending in war?
    You: Ah, and everything makes sense. Tell me, young Scot, when was the last time you served the righteous English people in war time?
    You: I would hope it was recently; enemies positively abound these days. Abound, I say!

I think I love you a little bit XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I think I love you a little bit XD
    :tongue:

This one's better. I finally got someone to play along - which is surprising given the opening lines. It's a shame he didn't reply at the end and I had to cut the conversation short.

Spoiler:
    Show

Stranger: hi! are you an asian girl?
    You: Sir, I take offence
    Stranger: to my far eastern preference?
    You: To equate me, even through folly, with a cheap whore is a most heinous crime
    Stranger: this crime of which you accuse me is hardly a misdemeanor
    Stranger: instead, it is a celebration of life
    You: Pray explain? You find asking complete and perfectly respectable strangers their ethnicity in the hope of completing unmentionable tasks in bed with them a celebration of life?
    Stranger: i find asian girls attractive
    Stranger: be they whores or otherwise
    Stranger: i do not discriminate based on class
    You: Ah - a most noble attitude you have
    You: If only the rest of the Empire followed your sterling example on this front
    Stranger: you were assuming i would like sexual relations with said women
    Stranger: an assumption i would deem most incorrect
    You: Alas, the unfortunately-brain addled majority of the populace seems to be ridden with the sexual devils this evening. I find myself at your complete advantage
    You: I humbly entreat my apologies to you, good Sir. (Or indeed Madam. These are most interesting times, after all)
    Stranger: you apology is accepted, and you are forgiven
    You: Very Gracious of you
    Stranger: i might ask, where did you come across such exquisite diction?
    You: I was fortunate enough to be born above the rabble of the general populace in the Queen's own country, and procured a sterling education from the finest teachers in this circle of the world
    You: You yourself seem fairly learned in the noble arts, how did you come across such eloquence?
    Stranger: i was born under the queen
    Stranger: then ventured out under the president
    You: Ah - would you be what I believe the general populace delightfully refer to as a 'Yankee'?
    Stranger: i am a hybrid
    Stranger: British citizen-turned American
    You: Most unfortunate for you - can your estate not afford to import an English doctor to cure you of the affliction caused by those damn federalists?
    Stranger: I'm an English doctor myself
    Stranger: it's a fatal disease
    You: I give you my most sincere condolences. How long do you think you have left, before the (for want of a better word) 'culture' prevalent across the Great Atlantic consumes you entirely?
    Stranger: a lifetime
    You: An most uplifting response. We true Englishmen must fight the good fight wherever we find ourselves! As the great Churchill said, we must never surrender!
    Stranger: we shall fight them on the beaches?
    You: You are learned indeed!
    Stranger: how could i forget mr churchill?
    You: Alas, the animals of this country grow in number every day. I swear, some of them wouldn't even be able to list all the dominion of the Great Empire if put to the sword
    You: A shameful state of affairs, but we must live with what we have
    You: Tell me, to which colony of the Union do you belong?
    Stranger: Maryland
    You: Ah - a wonderful colony. Not too large to be overwhelming, and not too over populated to be crowded. How are you finding the locals there? Have you had to discipline any of them recently?
    Stranger: they established a "british pub" nearby
    Stranger: i almost torched it
    Stranger: because the only thing british about it
    Stranger: is the fireplace in the corner
    You: Abominable, utterly abominable... How these vultures steal our land, our money, our culture and then spit out such a pale facsimile of it? I shudder with revulsion. We shall have to put them to the sword, some day. Teach them a lesson they'll never forget!
    Stranger: indeed, good sir, indeed
    You: I am heartened to have your assistance in this matter. Tell me, how large a levvie of fighting men can you raise in one moon-cycle?
    Stranger: several dozen
    You: Not quite as large as I would have hoped, but we must work with what we have... Are they loyal to our cause? And failing that, can the hot poker persuade them to become loyal?
    You: I fear I can no longer wait for a response from you, good Sir. Matters to attend to on my estate- rowdy commoners etc., I'm sure you understand
    You: I will arrive in a moon-cycle's time with my own levvie of men, and together we shall throw down the Union! We shall fight them on the beaches, and never surrender!
    You have disconnected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

and

I've been starting conversations on omegle like that this evening Like, "Good evening, fine sir or madam" or something equivalent. Creepy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    I've been starting conversations on omegle like that this evening Like, "Good evening, fine sir or madam" or something equivalent. Creepy...
    It would have been awesome if we'd run into each other.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends have just been on omegle and started every conversation " Why haven't we had sex yet?".
    Tis oh so amusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayo-Face)
    Me and my friends have just been on omegle and started every conversation " Why haven't we had sex yet?".
    Tis oh so amusing
    That's more interesting when you play it with people you know

ReputationRep:
    Grr, went and spend £70 on train tickets to Durham after school today, then come home to an email saying that open day is full, and I should go the day after. :mad: Not only will this require me begging some train person to change my tickets, it will also make me miss Waiting for Godot in London.

How are you, gays?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you aaaaaalllllllllllllllll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Where are you aaaaaalllllllllllllllll?
    I was watching Glee then Desperate Housewives... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was watching Uni Challenge then Only Connect :tongue: Who has more culture, I wonder? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    It's clear who's the bigger homo at any rate

Urgh, I feel so ill >< Although I am entertained by watching my cat lick out the remains of my yoghurt pot, which is scooting along the floor xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I was watching Uni Challenge then Only Connect :tongue: Who has more culture, I wonder? :tongue:
    Oh, I watched those first. That was my evening: BBC 2, BBC 4, E4, *ahem* the internet *ahem*, then TSR!

I feel a sort of obligation to watch Only Connect now.

ReputationRep:
    I have free Alton Towers tickets

ReputationRep:
    On a rather random note, I got a new guitar :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    On a rather random note, I got a new guitar :excited:
    And a very random comment, I used to learn the guitar for nearly year but then gave up :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I watch those all the time :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to take the guitar up again, there's a beautiful electro-acoustic I have my eye on, not that I can afford it In the mean time, still trying to sell my 'cello ><

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.