Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    thinking of taking a sickie tomorrow but feel so guilty! Advice ?
    Advice: Don't feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my coursework!! :woo: :woo:

It only took me two days, this latest project. I should find that suspicious, but I'm just glad to be free of it. Now all I have to do is print off roughly 50 pages... How much would a library charge me per page, d'you think?

ReputationRep:
    thinking of taking a sickie tomorrow but feel so guilty! Advice ?
    Are you actually sick? If not, are you taking a sick day for something that you'd really regret not taking a day off for? How much are they likely to miss you? How guilty you should feel is a product of these factors, I have an equation for it somewhere :p:

EDIT: Found it, but this is where I discover I can't remember LaTeX anymore, give me a minute...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Are you actually sick? If not, are you taking a sick day for something that you'd really regret not taking a day off for? How much are they likely to miss you? How guilty you should feel is a product of these factors, I have an equation for it somewhere :p:

EDIT: Found it, but this is where I discover I can't remember LaTeX anymore, give me a minute...
    lol im not sick. Im taking it to stay in bed. I'm only there four hours anyway.

Had one day sick in four months Lol im leaving in two weeks !

ReputationRep:
    lol im not sick. Im taking it to stay in bed. I'm only there four hours anyway.

Had one day sick in four months Lol im leaving in two weeks !
    Here's the equation:

Should I call in sick?

\frac{DS} {(M+1)R} (\frac{F_h}{F_i} - C) - \frac{\$ N}{250} = H_{ooky}

D= Do you have a Dr's note? Enter 1=No, 10=Yes, 5=Yes, but it's forged.
    S= How sick are you? (1-10, 10= Quarantined)
    M= How many days have you missed in the last month?
    R= Degree of responsibility in your job (1-10, 10 being "Lives are in my hands" )
    Fh= How much fun will you have if you stay home? (1-10, with 10 being Ferris Bueller's Day Off )
    Fj=How much fun will you have at work? (1-10, 10 being "I'm a personal trainer for underwear models" )
    $= Your daily wage in dollars
    N= How much do you need the money? (1-10, 10 being "I owe the mob" )
    C= Chance of getting fired if you skip work. (If you think you have a 3/10 chance of being fired, for example, enter 3/10)

If Hooky is greater than 1, call in sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I've finished my coursework!! :woo: :woo:

It only took me two days, this latest project. I should find that suspicious, but I'm just glad to be free of it. Now all I have to do is print off roughly 50 pages... How much would a library charge me per page, d'you think?
    Cost reduces the more you flirt with the librarian. :yep:

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Here's the equation:

Should I call in sick?

\frac{DS} {(M+1)R} (\frac{F_h}{F_i} - C) - \frac{\$ N}{250} = H_{ooky}

D= Do you have a Dr's note? Enter 1=No, 10=Yes, 5=Yes, but it's forged.
    S= How sick are you? (1-10, 10= Quarantined)
    M= How many days have you missed in the last month?
    R= Degree of responsibility in your job (1-10, 10 being "Lives are in my hands" )
    Fh= How much fun will you have if you stay home? (1-10, with 10 being Ferris Bueller's Day Off )
    Fj=How much fun will you have at work? (1-10, 10 being "I'm a personal trainer for underwear models" )
    $= Your daily wage in dollars
    N= How much do you need the money? (1-10, 10 being "I owe the mob" )
    C= Chance of getting fired if you skip work. (If you think you have a 3/10 chance of being fired, for example, enter 3/10)

If Hooky is greater than 1, call in sick.
    Flippin' 'ell, too complicated for me. At school we now have the initialism 'TDO' for 'Tactical Day Off'.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sod that mike i'll just assume it warrants a day off

ReputationRep:
    You can eyeball it if you don't want the joy of calculating the exact Hooky factor :p:

If you're not going to be missed much, and you'll have much more fun at home, and you haven't missed too many days in the past month and you're not a massive earner and you don't reeeally really need the money, assume H_{ooky} > 1 :p:

ReputationRep:
    yay day off for me I'll call in at 8:15 as there'll be no managers there then

ReputationRep:
    I just came bak from my 2nd date (after 10 hours).
    We kissed. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I just came bak from my 2nd date (after 10 hours).
    We kissed. :love:
    Let it be noted; jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Cost reduces the more you flirt with the librarian. :yep:
    But they're so old!

I'm off to Manchester tomorrow. It's further north than I've ever willingly been before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    But they're so old!

I'm off to Manchester tomorrow. It's further north than I've ever willingly been before...
    Manchester's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Let it be noted; jealous.
    i second this

hopefully uni will prove fruitful ?

ReputationRep:
    i second this

hopefully uni will prove fruitful ?
    Hopefully, that's quite a distance away though :erm:

ReputationRep:
    If someone at my work phones a sicky, a manager will ring them later in the day to see how they are and when they might be back. A lot of people have been caught out (and subsequently disciplined) as a result, so I daren't take a sicky :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    If someone at my work phones a sicky, a manager will ring them later in the day to see how they are and when they might be back. A lot of people have been caught out (and subsequently disciplined) as a result, so I daren't take a sicky :o:
    lol what fools for not having their work numbers tapped into their phones!

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be 19! Stupid birthday. Can't I be 18 again?! But, I AM going to Vienna tomorrow morning, excitement excitement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    I don't want to be 19! Stupid birthday. Can't I be 18 again?! But, I AM going to Vienna tomorrow morning, excitement excitement
    I forgot you were a young'un! (Happy birthday, I suppose :tongue:).

I've been to Vienna. It's nice. S'got lots of trams :yep: (Not the reason it's nice, but a general observation).

ReputationRep:
    lol what fools for not having their work numbers tapped into their phones!
    I do, but work only phone the house phone :p: I actually don't want work to have my mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.