Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've actually never been on a date :o:

ReputationRep:
    I just checked my results and found out I can get AAB, ABB, ABC or BBB and still get into Uni. And a Uni of my choice, not just the one I put down in case all else fails *yay*

I can't believe I didn't think to do this before! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Quiet in here today!

ReputationRep:
    I am such a mess of a human being at the moment. I feel ill, i'm tired down to my bones, my emotions are just in a wreck. I want to go back to uni, at least there I was so stressed and busy that I didn't have time to think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I'z back, I is.
    Did you enjoy meeting Paxman and Roger Tilling? Tilling is pretty awesome. The warm-up guy we had when I went was pretty shocking though. Oooh, your lot weren't playing ours were they? I've not been told who we played, just what the score was.

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    They say when you're tired of London, you're tired of life I love London
    "They" being Samuel Johnson, I believe.

(Original post by dbmag9)
    Happy birthday! I want a full report on Vienna on your return. :yep:
    Thank you! Vienna was AWESOME! Except my dad was a little annoying at times, but never mind. The music there is awesome, especially seeing Die Walküre in the incredible Opera House. Also, we were in the best hotel I've ever stayed in, it was five stars, and felt very expensive, and the lift had seats in! And there was loads of interesting history stuff, plus a fairground I felt so cultured around there. However, I prefer Berlin as a city, Vienna felt kind of...dated, like it was living 100 years ago, whereas Berlin is much more vibrant and up-to-date.

(Original post by dbmag9)
    How are you all? I am off to visit Durham tomorrow, so will probably be back here on Wednesday evening. The plan is to turn up, be told that unfortunately there were no single rooms left, and unfortunately I'm going to have to share with some gorgeous gay guy with a thing for arrogant geeks. Wish me luck.

In other news, I have a worryingly low amount of school left EVAR, and loads of work to do. Wehe mir.
    Ah, the number of times I've let myself think like that...The number of times it's *actually* happened, however... Good luck nonetheless! :p:

I remember this time being like "OH MY GOD WHERE DID MY LIFE AT SCHOOL GO?!" But uni is even more awesome, it's just the wait over the summer that's a killer

(Original post by icysquall)
    I am such a mess of a human being at the moment. I feel ill, i'm tired down to my bones, my emotions are just in a wreck. I want to go back to uni, at least there I was so stressed and busy that I didn't have time to think.
    :hugs: I hope you're better soon! We should meet up, actually, given that you don't live very far from me. That said, I'm away most of the holidays. Also, was Friday night fun? Any hot lawyers at Kukui?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    :hug: I hope you're better soon! We should meet up, actually, given that you don't live very far from me. That said, I'm away most of the holidays. Also, was Friday night fun? Any hot lawyers at Kukui?
    We should. If only because I'm going slightly mad being stuck in the house. I've been back 4 days and my parents are already starting to piss me off royally.

Kukui was alright. After a few hours I just got a bit fed up and went back to my room and packed (or attempted to at least, I was quite drunk at this point). Straight clubs play the worst music too. there weren't really any hot lawyers that I noticed. Not that I was really looking.

ReputationRep:
    Did you enjoy meeting Paxman and Roger Tilling? Tilling is pretty awesome. The warm-up guy we had when I went was pretty shocking though. Oooh, your lot weren't playing ours were they? I've not been told who we played, just what the score was.
    Warm up guy? The guy who did the warm up questions -was- Roger Tilling. And I didn't meet either of them; I'm the reserve. Though the actual team just had Paxman talking to them for 10 seconds directly after recording as well, so no one actually got to meet him. Random audience members had as much interaction with him as the teams did. And we did indeed play your college. A pretty low scoring game.

(Original post by icysquall)
    :hugs: Not being able to stop and think I've found is an advantage of Oxbridge. I'd be much more depressed in general if I had more terms like the last where I had less work than usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Warm up guy? The guy who did the warm up questions -was- Roger Tilling. And I didn't meet either of them; I'm the reserve. Though the actual team just had Paxman talking to them for 10 seconds directly after recording as well, so no one actually got to meet him. Random audience members had as much interaction with him as the teams did. And we did indeed play your college. A pretty low scoring game.
    I know how much people got to meet Paxman, but it was still interesting seeing him in the flesh! And I didn't mean the guy who did the warm-up questions, I know that was Roger Tilling, I meant the guy who warms up the audience and tells crap jokes. And it sounded like a low-scoring game, yeah. We've had to face two Cambridge colleges in a row then, that's a bit harsh!

ReputationRep:
    I know how much people got to meet Paxman, but it was still interesting seeing him in the flesh! And I didn't mean the guy who did the warm-up questions, I know that was Roger Tilling, I meant the guy who warms up the audience and tells crap jokes. And it sounded like a low-scoring game, yeah. We've had to face two Cambridge colleges in a row then, that's a bit harsh!
    Were you the sub, member or audience member? I can't remember what you said before. And I see who you mean now. Yeah, that warm up guy was a bit crap :tongue: And Queens' faced two Oxford colleges in a row! The difference being we actually dispatched the first one we saw - your first round enemy got through on a highest losing score :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Were you the sub, member or audience member? I can't remember what you said before. And I see who you mean now. Yeah, that warm up guy was a bit crap :tongue: And Queens' faced two Oxford colleges in a row! The difference being we actually dispatched the first one we saw - your first round enemy got through on a highest losing score :tongue:
    I'm attempting not to give too much away of what happened while discussing it, I think it's meant to be somewhat secret... :p: But I was originally the sub, and did all the application stuff and things, then they changed the filming dates from April to June, and it clashes with my exams, and UC said I wasn't allowed to be the sub if I couldn't do all the dates, so about a week before the first filming dates we had to change our sub. I went along to the first round match anyway, since I'd done all the other stuff and had been planning to go originally.

ReputationRep:
    I'm attempting not to give too much away of what happened while discussing it, I think it's meant to be somewhat secret... :p: But I was originally the sub, and did all the application stuff and things, then they changed the filming dates from April to June, and it clashes with my exams, and UC said I wasn't allowed to be the sub if I couldn't do all the dates, so about a week before the first filming dates we had to change our sub. I went along to the first round match anyway, since I'd done all the other stuff and had been planning to go originally.
    Ah yes, I remember now. It all floods back to me. I actually didn't check if it clashed with my exams :tongue: I guess I'll find out closer to the time. And it's meant to be secret, but what have we given away other than our two colleges made it to the second round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Ah yes, I remember now. It all floods back to me. I actually didn't check if it clashed with my exams :tongue: I guess I'll find out closer to the time. And it's meant to be secret, but what have we given away other than our two colleges made it to the second round?
    This is true. My team captain checked my exam dates for me, so I was kind of screwed past that point. :p: Can you tell me/PM me which Oxford college you beat in the first round, btw? Was it a "Hall" as opposed to a "College" by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    This is true. My team captain checked my exam dates for me, so I was kind of screwed past that point. :p: Can you tell me/PM me which Oxford college you beat in the first round, btw? Was it a "Hall" as opposed to a "College" by any chance?
    Done

ReputationRep:
    Right, all coursework projects and one example sheet down. Only 2 more example sheets and then 8 courses of revision to do...

Somehow, I don't think I'm going to get much of a holiday this Easter.

ReputationRep:
    I am physically sick of work but am delighted that I have only 2 days of school to go before I can have some proper rest! yo *****es how are ya all!?

ReputationRep:
    Holy ******* christ I'm bored. This is why I hate it at home. Hour after hour after hour of absolutely **** all. The only consolation I have is that I don't have to come back to this for much longer. I don't know how my parents have put up with their vacuous lives for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Holy ******* christ I'm bored. This is why I hate it at home. Hour after hour after hour of absolutely **** all. The only consolation I have is that I don't have to come back to this for much longer. I don't know how my parents have put up with their vacuous lives for so long.
    :hugs: This is why I have got a fun-packed easter, never being home for more than a week at a time, because I got so sick and tired of the Christmas holidays so quickly.

ReputationRep:
    "They" being Samuel Johnson, I believe.
    Very possibly, I was being lazy and didn't look it up :o:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: This is why I have got a fun-packed easter, never being home for more than a week at a time, because I got so sick and tired of the Christmas holidays so quickly.
    I can't afford to do anything, and my home-friends have their own places and consequently are only coming back for a week. So, in short, I'm trapped here, with naught but revision to do.

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Sleepy.And he isn't replying to my texts. :hmpf:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.