Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, long time no see. I have been prefecting my school's production of Carmen for the last two nights, so haven't been home before midnight. How are you all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey gays, long time no see. I have been prefecting my school's production of Carmen for the last two nights, so haven't been home before midnight. How are you all?
    I hate you because St. A's gave you an offer, but they rejected me last year. :p:
    Anyways, will you firm it? It's a lovely uni situated in a lovely (and totally windy) town. What will be your insurance? Are you as excited as I am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I hate you because St. A's gave you an offer, but they rejected me last year. :p:
    Anyways, will you firm it? It's a lovely uni situated in a lovely (and totally windy) town. What will be your insurance? Are you as excited as I am?
    Aww, don't hate me, please. :p:

I should be visiting it in a few weeks (really need to book tickets nowish), but it's looking to be high on the list. My main concern is that it's a bit of a tiny, tiny town, but my friend's brother who is there apparently enjoys it, so it can't be too bad. Don't know about insurance at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, don't hate me, please. :p:

I should be visiting it in a few weeks (really need to book tickets nowish), but it's looking to be high on the list. My main concern is that it's a bit of a tiny, tiny town, but my friend's brother who is there apparently enjoys it, so it can't be too bad. Don't know about insurance at the moment.
    You will love it! It's about 1 hour away from Edinburgh (well, I assume with car). St. Andrews doesn't have a train station, but there is one in the next town (Leuchars, I think). The coast is so beautiful, seriously.
    AND! I will never forget the sticky toffee pudding I ate at my "hotel" (The Inn at Lathones). :coma:

It really isn't too bad. But it might be hard to find other gays... That's my thought.

ReputationRep:
    You will love it! It's about 1 hour away from Edinburgh (well, I assume with car). St. Andrews doesn't have a train station, but there is one in the next town (Leuchars, I think). The coast is so beautiful, seriously.
    AND! I will never forget the sticky toffee pudding I ate at my "hotel" (The Inn at Lathones). :coma:

It really isn't too bad. But it might be hard to find other gays... That's my thought.
    Yeah, that's about right for directions, I think. The LGBT stuff at St Andrews doesn't seem to be plentiful, from what I've heard. That said, even Durham doesn't have any actually gay venues, so there might not be that much in the difference.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's about right for directions, I think. The LGBT stuff at St Andrews doesn't seem to be plentiful, from what I've heard. That said, even Durham doesn't have any actually gay venues, so there might not be that much in the difference.
    How about you choose Edinburgh for insurance and if HWU gives me an offer, we'll hang out in all the gay bars in Edinburgh. :p: If, for whatever reason, you don't reach the 40 mark in IB. (Hell, I got 4 less than predicted. -.-)

Well, if you don't deem the LGBT stuff important or if you don't care too much about it, then St. A's may be the place for you! But that's just me. And I haven't seen Durham, tbh. So I can only tell you about St. Andrews before you visit it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    So she cancels on me, then tells me she still wants to meet,then stops talking to me altogether.

The whole it had been her making the moves towards meeting up.

Hmm. I hate women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    So she cancels on me, then tells me she still wants to meet,then stops talking to me altogether.

Hmm. I hate women.
    Women suck. But you can't live without 'em.

ReputationRep:
    Women suck. But you can't live without 'em.
    I'm doing a pretty good job :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    How about you choose Edinburgh for insurance and if HWU gives me an offer, we'll hang out in all the gay bars in Edinburgh. :p: If, for whatever reason, you don't reach the 40 mark in IB. (Hell, I got 4 less than predicted. -.-)

Well, if you don't deem the LGBT stuff important or if you don't care too much about it, then St. A's may be the place for you! But that's just me. And I haven't seen Durham, tbh. So I can only tell you about St. Andrews before you visit it yourself.
    Sounds like a plan. Even if I go to St Andrews I think Edinburgh is the closest place to go with gay bars anyway.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)

Hmm. I hate women.
    :hugs: She's intimidated by how flippin' awesome you are. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theatre_student)
    hmm I've just eaten some rice pudding...am now worried I'll get food poisonong- I get really paranoid about food..
    Why would rice pudding give you food poisoning?

ReputationRep:
    Am I weird for freaking out a little if the girl I'm seeing is writing "I'll wait longingly for you to come tomorrow"?

Anyways, I'm going out tonight. There might be some cuties around.

ReputationRep:
    Fffffffuuuuudge >< The melted cheese on my pizza is like napalm ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    That sucks. :/
    Oh, and yeah, Bio nerds ftw.

ReputationRep:
    Napalm sticks to kids. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why would rice pudding give you food poisoning?
    Because of how both rice and milk are high risk foods and I wasn't sure I'd warmed it through properly, it didn't seem that hot...

This is what happens when you take Catering for GCSE, I learnt more than I wanted to about bacteria then I eeeeeever wanted to plus I have this thing about sick which makes it even worse...

but all seems fine at the moment so I'm sure its just me over thinking things as usual

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrible with food.

I defrost everything in the microwave, cook mince despite it's never defrosted right through, never wash my hands touching raw chicken breast (that's REALLY bad).

I'm yet to ever have food poisoning though so.. bleh. The one thing I don't dare to do is reheat rice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theatre_student)
    Because of how both rice and milk are high risk foods and I wasn't sure I'd warmed it through properly, it didn't seem that hot...

This is what happens when you take Catering for GCSE, I learnt more than I wanted to about bacteria then I eeeeeever wanted to plus I have this thing about sick which makes it even worse...

but all seems fine at the moment so I'm sure its just me over thinking things as usual
    Rice isn't really that risky, it's mainly if you let it cool and only partially reheat it. As for milk, so long as it's in date and doesn't smell funny, it'll be absolutely fine. Especially given that milk that's past its sell by date isn't especially harmful, it goes sour and unpalatable long before it's dangerous.

Trust me, I'm a biologist

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with reheating rice?

(Or partially re-heating it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    What's wrong with reheating rice?

(Or partially re-heating it).
    Rice is often colonized with Bacillus cereus, which can cause vomiting. When cooled, it forms inert spores, which reactivate when you warm it. Unless you heat it very thoroughly, the reactivated pathogen can cause nasty sickness.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.