Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Charlie is gorgeous, beautiful in a way and cute certainly :yep:

on a random note, my wallet's lost half of its weight in the past couple of days :sad:

ReputationRep:
    WOah. Bit of a shock regarding the old student finance. No payment until 4th May? I pretty much have NOTHING for the next month. Hello 9p noodles.

ReputationRep:
    Going to Glasgow for the day with the girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    on a random note, my wallet's lost half of its weight in the past couple of days :sad:
    Then go to the cashpoint and give it some sustenance :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Then go to the cashpoint and give it some sustenance :rolleyes:
    Empty bank account certainly doesn't help...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Yeah, it's the eye liner that gives me doubts, I think it's Davey Havok.
    See here at 2:54, for reference.
    Hmm, not bad, but possibly a little feminine for my tastes. I'm a little bit gutted I won't be able to go to the next Industrial Fallout this weekend, there are soooooo mnay hot punks and goths and so on there :drool:

ReputationRep:
    My biology book just arrived. I'm holding my version of the Holy Bible in my hands. 1267 (and more) pages of pure bliss...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    My biology book just arrived. I'm holding my version of the Holy Bible in my hands. 1267 (and more) pages of pure bliss...
    Hehe, I sold my C&R a while ago. Instead I'm cradling The World of the Cell by Becker et al. and Understanding Immunology by Wood in my arms, and I may also go grab a copy of Immunobiology by Janeway later. I hate revision >< Doesn't help too, that for some reason my laptop's stopped being able to connect to the internet for no apparent reason, so I'm having to do it upstairs in the uncomfortable study on the deathly slow XP computer.

You know what, bugger it. I'm going to go play Tomb Raider.

ReputationRep:
    Number of 'neat work' pages written up so far this holiday: 40
    Number of rough work pages needed to generate 1 neat page: Just over 2
    Number of graphs generated for my coursework project: 30
    Number of tables: 11, containing in total >2000 carefully generated and documented random numbers
    Number of typed pages my program transcripts take up: 10

Total number of pieces of paper used so far this holiday: 160+

And I reckon I'm less than halfway through, given the mandatory revision work I have to do for 8 different courses.

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Hehe, I sold my C&R a while ago. Instead I'm cradling The World of the Cell by Becker et al. and Understanding Immunology by Wood in my arms, and I may also go grab a copy of Immunobiology by Janeway later. I hate revision >< Doesn't help too, that for some reason my laptop's stopped being able to connect to the internet for no apparent reason, so I'm having to do it upstairs in the uncomfortable study on the deathly slow XP computer.

You know what, bugger it. I'm going to go play Tomb Raider.
    I think I saw the Understanding Immunology somewhere. But yeah.. I'm missing an English book store in Frankfurt. And I don't want to buy German books. We have a small English section in our big book store and I bought my copy of The Selfish Gene from there. Still need to read it, though. [Like so many other books.]

I know that feeling! It stopped now because I got a different modem.
    Tomb Raider is awesome. I liked some of the old stuff. But I totally loved the old SEGA games. Sonic especially.
    Oh, and the Zelda games for N64.

... Idea! *gets emulator*

ReputationRep:
    I think I saw the Understanding Immunology somewhere. But yeah.. I'm missing an English book store in Frankfurt. And I don't want to buy German books. We have a small English section in our big book store and I bought my copy of The Selfish Gene from there. Still need to read it, though. [Like so many other books.]

I know that feeling! It stopped now because I got a different modem.
    Tomb Raider is awesome. I liked some of the old stuff. But I totally loved the old SEGA games. Sonic especially.
    Oh, and the Zelda games for N64.

... Idea! *gets emulator*
    If ever you have a module of Immuno, I can't recommend the Wood Understanding Immunology enough. It's clear, concise and understandable without skimping on details, whilst being compact enough to keep in your bag (unlike most of my textbooks that are just too heavy to lug around). Selfish Gene is a great book, I also highly recommend The Blind Watchmaker, that's my favourite of all his works

TR is indeed awesome I got a Playstation One with two controllers and a bunch of games (including the first five TR games) for 99p *so happy* and my boyfriend has a Sega Saturn which we occasionally play for the retro lols We must get the Mega Drive out sometime too hehe.

Right, I'm going to go give my netbook a stern talking to with some reinstallation media...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, not bad, but possibly a little feminine for my tastes.
    Indeed, in that clip (with the eyeliner) he looks like an emo version of a girl I know. Needless to say, I think that she's hot as well.

ReputationRep:
    If ever you have a module of Immuno, I can't recommend the Wood Understanding Immunology enough. It's clear, concise and understandable without skimping on details, whilst being compact enough to keep in your bag (unlike most of my textbooks that are just too heavy to lug around). Selfish Gene is a great book, I also highly recommend The Blind Watchmaker, that's my favourite of all his works

TR is indeed awesome I got a Playstation One with two controllers and a bunch of games (including the first five TR games) for 99p *so happy* and my boyfriend has a Sega Saturn which we occasionally play for the retro lols We must get the Mega Drive out sometime too hehe.

Right, I'm going to go give my netbook a stern talking to with some reinstallation media...
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely choose the Immuno module.

God, what really puts me off right now is that HWU doesn't seem to have a detailed course outline anywhere. :rolleyes: Oxford Brookes sent me a 15 paged course outline the other day and Essex has all the details already online. Grml. I visited HWU last year, but I can't remember everything. Hm..
    Do you reckon I should ring them up and ask them, if they have anything detailed at all?

Wtf? PSX, 2 controllers, bunch of games for not even a pound? DAMN! Where the hell did you get that?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely choose the Immuno module.

God, what really puts me off right now is that HWU doesn't seem to have a detailed course outline anywhere. :rolleyes: Oxford Brookes sent me a 15 paged course outline the other day and Essex has all the details already online. Grml. I visited HWU last year, but I can't remember everything. Hm..
    Do you reckon I should ring them up and ask them, if they have anything detailed at all?

Wtf? PSX, 2 controllers, bunch of games for not even a pound? DAMN! Where the hell did you get that?
    I love immunology Albeit slightly less so since getting diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, but meh, at least I understand it heh.

Gosh, that is annoying. If you email the admissions department or the bioscience department, they can probably send you a spec or something, but it's pretty poor practice not to put it on the prospectus! That would be the main deciding point on whether I wanted to take the course or not!

And eBay

EDIT: Thanks for the rep ^^

ReputationRep:
    I love immunology Albeit slightly less so since getting diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, but meh, at least I understand it heh.
    :O It can't have been lupus! It's never lupus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    :O It can't have been lupus! It's never lupus!
    Funnily enough, suspected lupus was the reason I had a load of blood tests done, and whilst I don't have lupus (obviously, it's never lupus) I do have rheumatoid arthritis apparently ><

ReputationRep:

Gosh, that is annoying. If you email the admissions department or the bioscience department, they can probably send you a spec or something, but it's pretty poor practice not to put it on the prospectus! That would be the main deciding point on whether I wanted to take the course or not!

And eBay

EDIT: Thanks for the rep ^^
    Sorry about that! But it's always better to understand what you got, I guess.

I sent a message on FB to someone, asking them if they know someone doing Bio Sciences there. I don't want to email the admissions departmen just yet because I fear they will end their response with, "Oh, and by the way. Your application is unsuccessful, so you do not actually need a detailed course description. kthxbai". :lol:

Gotta love eBay. Maybe I will create an account when I'm in the UK. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that! But it's always better to understand what you got, I guess.

I sent a message on FB to someone, asking them if they know someone doing Bio Sciences there. I don't want to email the admissions departmen just yet because I fear they will end their response with, "Oh, and by the way. Your application is unsuccessful, so you do not actually need a detailed course description. kthxbai". :lol:

Gotta love eBay. Maybe I will create an account when I'm in the UK. :p:
    Just be careful, it's so easy to get hooked :p: Someone I know had the problem of getting drunk, going on eBay and buying loads of random crap that seemed like a good idea at the time, then passing out and not remembering until the post arrived a few days later

ReputationRep:
    Just be careful, it's so easy to get hooked :p: Someone I know had the problem of getting drunk, going on eBay and buying loads of random crap that seemed like a good idea at the time, then passing out and not remembering until the post arrived a few days later
    Oh dear, that's just hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you? Merry Pesach, to any jewish peeps around. I am tres tired.

Meh. Not my type :p:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    You know, I was just thinking the same thing.
    Just, not doing anything for me.
    More for me.

(Original post by Gesar)
    Number of 'neat work' pages written up so far this holiday: 40
    Number of rough work pages needed to generate 1 neat page: Just over 2
    Number of graphs generated for my coursework project: 30
    Number of tables: 11, containing in total >2000 carefully generated and documented random numbers
    Number of typed pages my program transcripts take up: 10
    Total number of pieces of paper used so far this holiday: 160+
    BA (Cantab.) in mathematics: priceless. :yep:

Speaking of which, I might be doing STEP.

xkcd?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.