Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you all? I am tired.

(Original post by Gesar)
    I want everyone to listen to the awesomeness of Somalia's national anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wg_nfLTJ8
    It's not that bad: most music sounds pretty awful as a MIDI file, to be fair. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I want everyone to listen to the awesomeness of Somalia's national anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wg_nfLTJ8
    MIDI-ness aside, it's pretty good hehe. Definitely got that "tumpty tumpty tum" national anthem vibe that all of them seem to have.

ReputationRep:
    I actually like the German national anthem. :p:

And as soon as the World Cup starts, IB running around in black, red and gold.
    (I just had to use IB in one of my sentences.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I actually like the German national anthem. :p:

And as soon as the World Cup starts, IB running around in black, red and gold.
    (I just had to use IB in one of my sentences.)
    Deutschland, Deutschland, ueber alles...

Nah, I'm joking, I know it's the whole Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit fuer das deutsche Vaterland thing. It'd be pretty bad if I didn't, given my subject.

P.S. No I can't be arsed with umlauts.

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone tonight? I have, as usual, done no work. Two points of note for the evening:

1) A friend said on his twitter that he had found an exception to Rule 34, viz. blood donation. I proved him wrong within about a minute. Is this an achievement?

2) I booked train tickets to St Andrews and back from Edinburgh for my open day. It felt horribly decisive. Now to find accomodation in each...

In other news, my entire school is going to Twickenham to watch rugby tomorrow, which will of course be amazingly exciting. There may be celebrations afterwards, which I may join, so I hope you don't miss me too much.

G'night, gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    A friend said on his twitter that he had found an exception to Rule 34, viz. blood donation. I proved him wrong within about a minute. Is this an achievement?
    EWWW! How the hell would that even work?! Wait, I don't want to know...

I'm off travelling round Europe for 11 days, so I'll see you queers when I'm back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    EWWW! How the hell would that even work?! Wait, I don't want to know...

I'm off travelling round Europe for 11 days, so I'll see you queers when I'm back
    It was yaoi (animé homoerotica for ladies), so I don't think it required genuine blood-play, honest.

Have loads of fun in Europe! I expect a full report on your return.

ReputationRep:
    For those who are questioning the power of Rule 34, I found a Rule 34'd picture of adenosine triphosphate ><

ReputationRep:
    Rule 34 is just how it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    It was yaoi (animé homoerotica for ladies), so I don't think it required genuine blood-play, honest.

Have loads of fun in Europe! I expect a full report on your return.
    It's annoying that there's homoerotica for ladies :tongue: More for us damnit!

ReputationRep:
    Yaoi is for guys as well! Oh the hours I've whiled away on Yaoi Gallery...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Yaoi is for guys as well! Oh the hours I've whiled away on Yaoi Gallery...
    A pity that there's more shonen ai and yaoi than shoujo ai and yuri.

I've got the Fake manga at home. I think it's pretty awesome. Definitely would be something for you guys if you like mystery stories/crime thrillers with some guy-on-guy action.

ReputationRep:
    :tea:

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in the process of writing a letter to my ex explaining how I still love her and always have done and the likes. Not sure what it's going to achieve. Not sure if I'm even going to send it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    A pity that there's more shonen ai and yaoi than shoujo ai and yuri.

I've got the Fake manga at home. I think it's pretty awesome. Definitely would be something for you guys if you like mystery stories/crime thrillers with some guy-on-guy action.
    More Yaoi than Yuri? Have you not noticed that almost the entirety of the Japanese anime/manga market seems to be aimed at 15 year old boys? Everything is drowning in women sex!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    More Yaoi than Yuri? Have you not noticed that almost the entirety of the Japanese anime/manga market seems to be aimed at 15 year old boys? Everything is drowning in women sex!
    Wtf? WHERE?! Tell me. :eek3:

Maybe there are just more Yaoi/Shonen Ai than Yuri/Shoujo Ai fanfics... but that is just the impression I got.
    (Looking at the animexx site: Shōjo-Ai (1733) - Shōnen-Ai (31920) [amount of fanfics])

ReputationRep:
    I was quite surprised about the whole Ricky Martin thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hotel_India)
    I was quite surprised about the whole Ricky Martin thing.
    I honestly wasn't, because I was so sure that he'd already come out! I just took it as common knowledge, and was realyl surprised when I saw it reported. I just though "Isn't this old news?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I honestly wasn't, because I was so sure that he'd already come out! I just took it as common knowledge, and was realyl surprised when I saw it reported. I just though "Isn't this old news?"
    Well I haven't listened to any of his music for about 5 years now and I haven't kept track of what he's been up to so I guess that's why I personally was.

But good for him anyway, good for him coming out.
    And I say good luck to him!

ReputationRep:
    hello gays :wavey:
    hows everything going today?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.