:hat2:

hey there. fellow scientist :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by KiraMayz)

Oh wow Chemistry, awesome :five: definitely my weakest science...but take it down to a molecular level and suddenly :love: chemistry becomes very interesting, how are you finding it at the moment?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by papillon672)
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice/someone to talk to.
    I'm 21 and while I've always been mostly into guys, recently I've been feeling more attracted to women, though I've never acted on this.

Any bi/ gay girls here?
    Hi I'm new here too, not sure what advice to give you at the moment, other than just go with the flow :yep: hopefully we'll both stick around

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice/someone to talk to.
    I'm 21 and while I've always been mostly into guys, recently I've been feeling more attracted to women, though I've never acted on this.

Any bi/ gay girls here?
    Gay girl here! What can I do for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

Biological Sciences :teeth:

We could trade, I'll take the bad weather today and return it tomorrow
    I hope all will go well, too.

You can have the bad weather all week, if you want to. :p:

Bio is the awesomeness. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Gay girl here! What can I do for you?
    Hi!

Well I don't feel like I can talk to my friends about this yet, so I just need someone to listen atm.

I don't have much experience with guys, never had a long-term relationship, and I've never had sex.
    While I not actually been attracted to girls I've met, I have had several crushes on women, such as a teacher in high school, and several actors/celebrities, but I suppose that could just be sort of feelings of admiration.

However, recently my attraction to girls has certainly been more sexual.

Do you think I need to act on this to find out whether or not these feelings are real?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Well I don't feel like I can talk to my friends about this yet, so I just need someone to listen atm.

I don't have much experience with guys, never had a long-term relationship, and I've never had sex.
    While I not actually been attracted to girls I've met, I have had several crushes on women, such as a teacher in high school, and several actors/celebrities, but I suppose that could just be sort of feelings of admiration.

However, recently my attraction to girls has certainly been more sexual.

Do you think I need to act on this to find out whether or not these feelings are real?
    Why do you think that you never had a long-term relationship? Did you have short-term ones? Or none at all?
    If your crushes on these women involved anything like wanting to kiss them or whatever, then I don't think that you have just admired them.

Acting on the attractions can certainly help! But it's not easy to.. well, find someone for that. Would you feel comfortable in a gay club? Or maybe you could start it easy... like watching/reading lesbian themed stuff.
    Hm... I also noticed that I'm gay by just watching movies with hot actresses. I always felt myself drool along with my guy friends.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think that you never had a long-term relationship? Did you have short-term ones? Or none at all?
    If your crushes on these women involved anything like wanting to kiss them or whatever, then I don't think that you have just admired them.

Acting on the attractions can certainly help! But it's not easy to.. well, find someone for that. Would you feel comfortable in a gay club? Or maybe you could start it easy... like watching/reading lesbian themed stuff.
    Hm... I also noticed that I'm gay by just watching movies with hot actresses. I always felt myself drool along with my guy friends.
    Well I'm quite a shy person, don't flirt very openly. I had one short relationship with a guy in high school, but I wasn't really that attracted to him, just the fact that he fancied me and we were good friends.

I've had crushes on 2 guys recently but didn't bother doing anything because they would both be long distance relationships and I don't want that. Plus, I didn't have the guts :o:

I'm going to Uni in October so hopefully I'll have more of a chance of exploring these feelings there, as my social circle is pretty limited atm. I don't know any gay people at all. I guess I'll just have to feel confused/frustrated in the meantime.

And yeah, I watched Loving Annabelle for the first time recently and was like whoah! That was kind of a turning point!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm quite a shy person, don't flirt very openly. I had one short relationship with a guy in high school, but I wasn't really that attracted to him, just the fact that he fancied me and we were good friends.

I've had crushes on 2 guys recently but didn't bother doing anything because they would both be long distance relationships and I don't want that. Plus, I didn't have the guts :o:

I'm going to Uni in October so hopefully I'll have more of a chance of exploring these feelings there, as my social circle is pretty limited atm. I don't know any gay people at all. I guess I'll just have to feel confused/frustrated in the meantime.

And yeah, I watched Loving Annabelle for the first time recently and was like whoah! That was kind of a turning point!
    i feel the same way

ReputationRep:
    What do I want for dinner, gays?

ReputationRep:

So if you start to feel a more sexual attraction to other women, this might be clue. Maybe you are bi, if you also feel a sexual attraction towards men. But you are the only one who can be sure about that.

Definitely check out the LGBT soc at your university! If there is one... May I ask to which uni you'll be going?

I love that movie! And Erin Kelly is so HOT in it.

Okay, maybe a few pointers for you:
    - Do you feel physically attracted towards women?
    - Could you imagine yourself kissing women?
    - Could you imagine yourself having sex with women?
    - Would you consider having an intimate relationship with a woman?

ReputationRep:
    So if you start to feel a more sexual attraction to other women, this might be clue. Maybe you are bi, if you also feel a sexual attraction towards men. But you are the only one who can be sure about that.

Definitely check out the LGTB soc at your university! If there is one... May I ask to which uni you'll be going?

I love that movie! And Erin Kelly is so HOT in it.

Okay, maybe a few pointers for you:
    - Do you feel physically attracted towards women?
    - Could you imagine yourself kissing women?
    - Could you imagine yourself having sex with women?
    - Would you consider having an intimate relationship with a woman?
    Yeah, I think I more closely identify with bisexual, although until I try it out I suppose I won't know, since being with a girl could turn out to feel wrong.
    I can definitely imagine myself with a girl though.

I'm going to Lancaster, I don't really know what the LGB scene is like there but I'm sure there'll be something going on!

Thanks for listening!

P.S Oh and if you could recommend any other movies/books etc that would be great!

ReputationRep:
    I'm bloody freezing. :sadnod:

That's the price of having 2 weeks in the sun and 35 degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    I'm bloody freezing. :sadnod:

That's the price of having 2 weeks in the sun and 35 degrees.
    You'll have a nice tan then :coma:

Pics please. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think I more closely identify with bisexual, although until I try it out I suppose I won't know, since being with a girl could turn out to feel wrong.

I'm going to Lancaster, I don't really know what the LGB scene is like there but I'm sure there'll be something going on!

Thanks for listening!

P.S Oh and if you could recommend any other movies/books etc that would be great!
    The L Word has some good sexy time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)

(Original post by skipp)
    Oh wow Chemistry, awesome :five: definitely my weakest science...but take it down to a molecular level and suddenly :love: chemistry becomes very interesting, how are you finding it at the moment?
    Science :love:

Hullo new persons :hi:

Thanks for listening!

I bounced around between straight and bi for ages before settling, and for all I know that could still change! Don't worry too much about it, it'll just cause you to fret needlessly. Certainly at this stage, don't be too hasty to label yourself, because you'll end up feeling constrained by the category you've put yourself in. Take BeyondandAbove's advice, and see how things go.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be single any more :stomp:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    Science :love:

Hullo new persons :hi:
    It's the best isn't it :love:

I bounced around between straight and bi for ages before settling, and for all I know that could still change! Don't worry too much about it, it'll just cause you to fret needlessly. Certainly at this stage, don't be too hasty to label yourself, because you'll end up feeling constrained by the category you've put yourself in. Take BeyondandAbove's advice, and see how things go.
    :yep: Sound advice there, sexuality's fluid & every time you think you've worked it all out you realise you're in a different place in life...and then bam! you're right back where you started, so it's best not to overthink things

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Poor Sam :console:

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was just eavesdropping, just discovered this thread...

L Word is definitely a good test - if that doesn't turn you on at some point, then you're probably not into girls. Lots of hot scenes in nearly every episode.

Some good films:

Tipping the Velvet
    Aimee and Jaguar (good but sad)
    Bound
    The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Girls in Love (ok it's not sexy but it's really sweet)

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays. Je suis tired; revision is starting to get the better of me.

On the plus side, my aunt came and visited which was fun; I ended up hearing the story of when she took my mum to a ladies-only bar at which my mum got hit on, and she had to pretend they were a couple. :p:

Otherwise, not much to report.

(Original post by darkwolf0139)
    Welcome Skipp to TSRLGBTV6
    (Original post by skipp)
    Hi :wavey:

Wow that's one awesome acronym :p:
    It's actually the TSRLGBTSCT, I think you'll find. :yep:

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I know how you feel.

G'night, gays.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.