Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The number of people in Cameron's cabinet that voted against most or all of the issues in that link is sickening. These people actively voted against them - they didn't just not bother to go into the office. They got in their cars and drove to work in order to vote in the hope that they could prevent us having the same rights as other people. I could never justify letting those cretins into power, especially since labour is managing :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you all? I've been revising, for a change. It somehow turned out that I've also missed a day somewhere - I thought it was Tuesday today.

Someone mentioned STEP above; should I do it? My maths teacher wants me to do it, reapply and get into Oxford, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to do more work when IB exams end May 21st.

In other news, there is no other news. I have not been doing anything interesting. Some of the Latin I've been reading is entertaining, though. Which reminds me:

(Original post by Laertes)
    I saw your username mentioned in Ovid's Metamorphoses :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    I er, got talking to one of my really good uni friends who has come out as gay (gaydar totally wrong there!) and he wants to "see me" :eek: We used to be really close too, but I have no idea he was gay :o:

He's gorgeous too :p:

In shock, I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    I saw your username mentioned in Ovid's Metamorphoses :cool:.
    I'm cool like that. I have ancient street-cred.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you all? I've been revising, for a change. It somehow turned out that I've also missed a day somewhere - I thought it was Tuesday today.
    I get confused by the days all the time. Today I thought it was Tuesday, then Thursday. Now I know it's Wednesday, which isn't really true anymore as it is midnight now and Thursday begins. At least in Alemania.

But good that you're studying. :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I get confused by the days all the time. Today I thought it was Tuesday, then Thursday. Now I know it's Wednesday, which isn't really true anymore as it is midnight now and Thursday begins. At least in Alemania.

It's Wednesday? :confused:

Well I certainly put the wrong day on my parking scratch card :giggle:

And loving the ancient street-cred Laertes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have made it to America, gays. :o:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Oh wow, where in America?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    I er, got talking to one of my really good uni friends who has come out as gay (gaydar totally wrong there!) and he wants to "see me" :eek: We used to be really close too, but I have no idea he was gay :o:

He's gorgeous too :p:

In shock, I am.
    Get in there, you northern Lothario, you.

(pics plz :p:)

I'm cool like that. I have ancient street-cred.
    Indeed you do. :yep:

Metamorphoses is awesome. Incest, rape (gay and straight), bestiality, bloody, bloody murder and much more!

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)

I've got to the stage where my revision (Latin set text, at least) is echoing around in my head, which is a good thing, I think.

:woo: Happy America! (said in the same tone as 'happy birthday'; it seemed appropriate)

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Happy America! (said in the same tone as 'happy birthday'; it seemed appropriate)
    I'm counting the days til I'm back in the UK. :p:

(Original post by skipp)
    Oh wow, where in America?
    I'm currently in Detroit, waiting for my last flight; I'm headed to Indianapolis.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm counting the days til I'm back in the UK. :p:

I'm currently in Detroit, waiting for my last flight; I'm headed to Indianapolis.
    Oh wow sounds awesome

Not that I know anything about either Detroit or Indianapolis :giggle: but travelling anywhere is always fun :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Get in there, you northern Lothario, you.

(pics plz :p:)
    Don't have any pics :sadnod: He's not on Facebook sadly, and the few pics I do have are rather naughty :p:

ReputationRep:
    The idea that the Conservatives would sort out the economy any differently to Labour is hilarious. Ignoring the similarities in policy, they have a ridiculously inexperienced shadow chancellor and an inexperienced party leader. Ideally, a hung parliament that saw Vince Cable and Nick Clegg in the cabinet would be best; that would only last a few months but that would almost certainly see the Lib Dems in a stronger position for next time. It would also limit the ability for a Conservative Government to pass the more controversial/divisive policies into law, that Cameron has expressed interest in.
    Oh I never said I thought they'd do any better, I just have issues with Labour tax policies (among many other things tbh).

Oh btw there's some user on TSR who recently subbed and found out you've been negging her repeatedly for liking Lady GaGa. Her whining was hilarious :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Are you actually allergic, or is it an acetaldehyde deficiency?

EDIT: Sorry, I've just seen that sounded kinda rude, didn't mean it like that >< Just that I'd never heard of an actual allergy to acohol heh.
    Ahh, it's okay :p: but to be frank not sure I understand what the later term means.
    My doctor told me to treat it like an allergy hence that's what I thought, though to be frank, it could also be my amazingly low tolerance, but my stomach did get bleeding when I very stupidly drank some half full bottle of vodka which sent me to my doctor :p: fun times

hope I didn't fail to quote :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1938700.html

Make of this, what you will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Oh btw there's some user on TSR who recently subbed and found out you've been negging her repeatedly for liking Lady GaGa. Her whining was hilarious :yy:
    That made my night. :lol:

I hate insomnia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    Ahh, it's okay :p: but to be frank not sure I understand what the later term means.
    My doctor told me to treat it like an allergy hence that's what I thought, though to be frank, it could also be my amazingly low tolerance, but my stomach did get bleeding when I very stupidly drank some half full bottle of vodka which sent me to my doctor :p: fun times

hope I didn't fail to quote :ninja:
    You quoted hehe. Basically, that enzyme 'acetaldehyde dehydrogenase' is one of the chain of enzymes that breaks down alcohol. Some people, by the virtue of their genetics - predominantly those of Asian descent, have a deficiency of that enzyme and so even drinking a small amount of alcohol leads to a relatively large and rapid build up of an intermediate breakdown product called acetaldehyde. That's quite toxic and is responsible for the flushing, headache, nausea and stuff.

I did a little research (totally procrastinating instead of revising!) and it seems that when people use the term 'alcohol allergy' they normally refer to that, or an allergy to yeast/hops/etc that can be triggered by drinking wine or beer.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)

Hilarious as that is, I have to admit that I'm kind of on the side of the B&B owners in that incident. Whilst I personally think it's backwards and stupid and ridiculous, they're running a private business and they should have the right to withold service to anyone they want, for any reason or no reason. Their main problem was that they should have advertized their policy openly to avoid the issue occurring, and possibly should have checked before hand when they saw two men booking a double room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Oh I never said I thought they'd do any better, I just have issues with Labour tax policies (among many other things tbh).

Oh, fantastic. I was having fun with that. Is there a link to this thread perchance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)

This has made my morning

ReputationRep:
    Oh, fantastic. I was having fun with that. Is there a link to this thread perchance?
    'tis in the subs-only area I'm afraid. Suffice it to say that she ain't too happy :nah:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.