Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    :lolwut: Life isn't fair around exam time

I got told I was **** [word related to "poo"] at my job by one of the kids where I work last night :cry:
    :rofl: where do you work? Gotta love kids, evil *******s!

ReputationRep:
    Pics of the hat I made! Be nice, bearing in mind this is the first time I've ever made anything like this and I'm a terrible seamster :p:

Hat:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Me wearing the hat, attempting to look cute, and failing :p: :
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I hate kids.

That is all.

And that hat is cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    where do you work? Gotta love kids, evil *******s!
    How is that remotely funny? Slightly demoralising for anyone in any job, most of all teachers/non-teaching positions in schools.

The little **** is infront of the Headmistress this morning. Deep trouble, and deserving of it too.

ReputationRep:
    I love the hat

ReputationRep:
    How is that remotely funny? Slightly demoralising for anyone in any job, most of all teachers/non-teaching positions in schools.

The little **** is infront of the Headmistress this morning. Deep trouble, and deserving of it too.
    Because I work with kids too and have been told similar stuff in the past - seriously man they're kids, don't let them get to you

ReputationRep:
    Because I work with kids too and have been told similar stuff in the past - seriously man they're kids, don't let them get to you
    True...and at 18 he's ready to leave anyway, but taking your man-period out on the newest member of staff is disgusting.

Plus the homosexual card was thrown in, again a first for me :eek:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Pics of the hat I made! Be nice, bearing in mind this is the first time I've ever made anything like this and I'm a terrible seamster :p:

Hat:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Me wearing the hat, attempting to look cute, and failing :p: :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh wow! Love that hat! :rave:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I plan on attempting a couple more to practice hehe. I may make bunny ears!

ReputationRep:
    My landlord has given a maintenance man a key to our house, he's just let himself in to do maintenance work. Wtf. Even the landlord isn't meant to have his own key.

ReputationRep:
    My landlord has given a maintenance man a key to our house, he's just let himself in to do maintenance work. Wtf. Even the landlord isn't meant to have his own key.
    Grrr. Is he hot? Oh wait....ladies in here don't look at men *doh* :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Several people near me are having building work done on their houses, and they all seem to have hired extremely hot guys to do it. Sometimes topless. <3
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Several people near me are having building work done on their houses, and they all seem to have hired extremely hot guys to do it. Sometimes topless. <3
    My area's turned into one big building site...not one hot builder in sight...just a lot of annoyance :s:

ReputationRep:
    Well get out yer camera

Is it an 11:30 Diet Coke scene?

ReputationRep:
    Well get out yer camera

Is it an 11:30 Diet Coke scene?
    Haha, I'm not good at ninja camera skillz :p: I just ogle very unsubtly whilst driving past very slowly

Funnily enough, I seem to be the only person I know that found the lift-guy from the Diet ****Coke advert really hot :o:

ReputationRep:
    He's actually really ugly, and speaks like more of a simpleton than I do, not attractive at all to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Could I have some advice please?

I'm just gotton out of a 2 year relationship with a woman who I love very much.

It was largely because of me, as my family still don't know about my orientation and therefore never knew about her. I understand why she's so upset.

It's just that I feel I can't, even though I love her very much.
    My family are ... against it. On eastenders there's a gay story line and my mum always comment on how they're an 'abomination'.

My sister always goes on about how gay people are really abnormal in the head

^ just examples
    I love my family .. I feel like they'll disown me, kick me out of the house if they ever found out

I've been really upset, what with the break up and I just don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    My area's turned into one big building site...not one hot builder in sight...just a lot of annoyance :s:
    I read that as 'my arse's turned into one big building site' and was suitably confused for a few seconds.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I read that as 'my arse's turned into one big building site' and was suitably confused for a few seconds.
    That would have been a very different statement :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueBanana)
    Could I have some advice please?

I'm just gotton out of a 2 year relationship with a woman who I love very much.

It was largely because of me, as my family still don't know about my orientation and therefore never knew about her. I understand why she's so upset.

It's just that I feel I can't, even though I love her very much.
    My family are ... against it. On eastenders there's a gay story line and my mum always comment on how they're an 'abomination'.

My sister always goes on about how gay people are really abnormal in the head

^ just examples
    I love my family .. I feel like they'll disown me, kick me out of the house if they ever found out

I've been really upset, what with the break up and I just don't know what to do
    So what do you need advice on? On how to cope with the breakup or on how to tell your family?

For the breakup: Go out and have fun with your friends. If you live in/near a big city, chances are there'll be a gay club and you can go and hang out there. Well, two years are a long time, I admit. So it can be hard. Try to not think about her too much and focus on yourself. Find a new hobby, gaze after hot women without guilt and try out something completely new which you'd never do before. I don't know, maybe something like skydiving. ^^ But hang a lot with your friends! They usually help. If there's a chance she'll come back to you if you tell your parents, then... hm.. think about it.

For your parents: Usually they'll come around :yep: 95% of the parents won't kick their gay child out of the house. They will just say some bad stuff about it or choose to ignore it as if it weren't there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.