Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about waddling off to Llandudno on Saturday if the weather is nice, because I like doing random stuff like that.

As for coming out, I've still yet to tell my parents. I've noticed their attitudes towards gay people have changed in recent years (for the better), I don't know if that's because they've figured out I like **** or because it's the way society is heading.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not out either, and my mum's attitude is "As long as they stay away from me". Not looking forward to telling her. I think she probably already knows anyway

ReputationRep:
    I don't see coming out as important unless I'm in a serious relationship, and I'm convinced gay men don't do them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see coming out as important at all. I've never had to - never viewed it as important. If people ask I'll tell them, but it isn't important.

You don't suddenly go downstairs one day if you're straight and tell your parents you're heterosexual. Why should it be any different for homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that bugs me about being in the closet is I can't become a fan of gay clubs on Facebook or click attending on gay events because neither can be hidden. Hardly worth coming out the closet for though lol.

ReputationRep:
    I love being out. It makes everything so much easier. ^^ But I don't go around telling others, "Hey, btw. I'm gay." I just talk about girls. And then they get it. I never make a fuss about it, so I never got a negative reaction either. :yep:

On a different note: I hate it when I dream of the girl I met four years ago. I never see her, I never talk to her. I have seen her a maximum of three times in these four years. Well, I did talk to her for a long period of time. She told me she was (supposedly) bisexual and I kinda had a thing for her. She totally led me on. And I still think about her and she has been the only girl ever that I can't get out of my head. As soon as I do, I dream about her and BAM everything's back. -.-

Do you guys know this feeling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I love being out. It makes everything so much easier. ^^ But I don't go around telling others, "Hey, btw. I'm gay." I just talk about girls. And then they get it. I never make a fuss about it, so I never got a negative reaction either. :yep:

On a different note: I hate it when I dream of the girl I met four years ago. I never see her, I never talk to her. I have seen her a maximum of three times in these four years. Well, I did talk to her for a long period of time. She told me she was (supposedly) bisexual and I kinda had a thing for her. She totally led me on. And I still think about her and she has been the only girl ever that I can't get out of my head. As soon as I do, I dream about her and BAM everything's back. -.-

Do you guys know this feeling?
    Yeahh, similar situation, kinda. Except I was seeing the girl for months in secret, then one day she just stopped talking to me altogether. A couple of times after that she told me she still loved me, on one occasion cheating on her boyfriend with me, but now she's made it clear that she doesn't want me at all. I've never had an explanation for this, or why she left me (except for she says she didn't leave me because we were never together).

She's been quite evil really, knows full well how I feel about her and just leaves me to it. I'd love to forget she existed, but I'll lie in bed at night and then OH LOOK here she is come to haunt my final thoughts before sleep once again. I love her too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Yeahh, similar situation, kinda. Except I was seeing the girl for months in secret, then one day she just stopped talking to me altogether. A couple of times after that she told me she still loved me, on one occasion cheating on her boyfriend with me, but now she's made it clear that she doesn't want me at all. I've never had an explanation for this, or why she left me (except for she says she didn't leave me because we were never together).

She's been quite evil really, knows full well how I feel about her and just leaves me to it. I'd love to forget she existed, but I'll lie in bed at night and then OH LOOK here she is come to haunt my final thoughts before sleep once again. I love her too much.
    That's quite ****** up, to be honest. I'd never lead someone on THAT much or be that ****** to them. I was always a good dumper. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not out to anyone yet either though I think they've probably guessed to be honest- my parents definately wouldn't have a problem with it- my friends will find it hilarious no doubt but its my grandmother knowing that I'm a bit anxious about, she's not homophobic but I don't think she loves the idea..but then she can be quite old fashioned...

I think I'll come out once I'm in a relationship..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    I don't see coming out as important unless I'm in a serious relationship, and I'm convinced gay men don't do them.
    :hugs: Don't worry, some of us do!

ReputationRep:
    My grandmother really is homophobic. She is the only reason why I'm not completely out to my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    :hugs: Don't worry, some of us do!
    :hugs:

I've had some mean buggers in the past couple of weeks. I was sat on the sofas in Cruz 101 in Manchester last week and some cute guy came over asking me to get my penis out there and then. He ran off when I told him I don't do that. A week before that I was sat in Powerhouse in Newcastle when some guy was interested but said bye and walked off after I told him he couldn't come back for a shag at my parents' place 10 miles away. I only ever seem to meet guys who just want ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my grandmother is a big part of the reason I'm not out to my family. Also my brother, he's a bit of a retarded ****. And I just don't fancy the whole big conversation thing, I don't want it to be a big deal :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you all?

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Pics of the hat I made! Be nice, bearing in mind this is the first time I've ever made anything like this and I'm a terrible seamster :p:

Hat:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Me wearing the hat, attempting to look cute, and failing :p: :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Epic hat. I approve heartily. :yep:

(Original post by Spacecam)
    True...and at 18 he's ready to leave anyway, but taking your man-period out on the newest member of staff is disgusting.

Plus the homosexual card was thrown in, again a first for me :eek:
    About to leave? Wait until he's no longer a student, then smash in his face outside school.

But yeah, some leavers seem to think it's their duty to be abusive as they leave. I've been trying to calm my year down.

I don't see coming out as important at all. I've never had to - never viewed it as important. If people ask I'll tell them, but it isn't important.

You don't suddenly go downstairs one day if you're straight and tell your parents you're heterosexual. Why should it be any different for homosexual.
    But it's so fun! :p: I enjoyed being the centre of attention at school for a few days, if I'm honest. Since statistically we are the minority, I don't think it's that unreasonable for people to assume heterosexuality (to an extent, obviously, and not in a restrictive way).

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone tonight?

I'm off to sleepytimes. When I return, I will have completed my secondary education. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Where is everyone tonight?
    Been to see the Halle play Beethoven's Piano Concerto No4 and Shostakovich Symphony No10.

Sexyful :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    That's quite ****** up, to be honest. I'd never lead someone on THAT much or be that ****** to them. I was always a good dumper. :p:
    Yeah.. oh well, one day I'll get into a semi-decent relationship hmm?

ReputationRep:
    Been to see the Halle play Beethoven's Piano Concerto No4 and Shostakovich Symphony No10.

Sexyful :coma:
    Oooh I'm jealous. Piccolo solo in Shostakovich 10! I was so annoyed that my old orchestra played it the year after I left, though I did get the awesome solo in his 9th.

That said, I maintain the Hallé is overrated. RLPO is significantly better, even though I hate to admit that Liverpool could do anything better than Manchester. Though Elder is clearly a great conductor.

ReputationRep:
    I am soooo behind at college. Sad thing is I'm completely apathetic to it. I've handed in 5 law essays all year when 2 are set every week and I haven't even started on the 2000 word journalism essay that is due in approximately 2 hours. Not to mention that I have Spanish in an hour and 3 essays due in for that... which I also haven't finished.

I'm awful. Halp!!!

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, I have no more lessons left ever. How strange.

But what's with there only being four new posts since last night? You lot are slacking.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.