• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Blackcurrant tea :coma:
    :coma: so good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    And I can't drink tea :giggle: but I do respect it for being tea :sadnod: and would not want someone pissing in it

I do like a nice cup of herbal tea though :coma:
    I make tea out of some herbal smoking mix that I don't actually like smoking, helps me to go to sleep :awesome:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I make tea out of some herbal smoking mix that I don't actually like smoking, helps me to go to sleep :awesome:
    Well that's the beauty of tea...you can make it out of pretty much anything :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to use :sexface:
    That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Blackcurrant tea :coma:
    Woo, a conversation I can relate to. :p:

Herbal tea is teh ossum. I am trying to stave off adulthood by not drinking normal tea or coffee for as long as possible.

(Original post by Laertes)
    I just want to use :sexface:
    That is all.
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Herbal tea is teh ossum. I am trying to stave off adulthood by not drinking normal tea or coffee for as long as possible.
    I don't drink normal tea or coffee, I only drink fruit/herbal tea. Everyone thinks I'm weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I don't drink normal tea or coffee, I only drink fruit/herbal tea. Everyone thinks I'm weird.
    You are wierd. But we can be wierd together!

Questions for you gayers:

1. How long should I leave to prepare for STEP exams, coming back from dossing around in Europe?

2. For second choice, for Maths & Philosophy - Edinburgh or Bristol?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Me too :five:

1. How long should I leave to prepare for STEP exams, coming back from dossing around in Europe?

The only real way to prepare for STEP is to practise the papers, and maybe just take a look see over their booklet...forget what it said...but there's nothing new to learn for it :dontknow:

I started preparing for it at the beginning of year 13...but never actually focused on it...so you'll probably need a lot less time :giggle: when do you get back from dossing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Me too :five:

The only real way to prepare for STEP is to practise the papers, and maybe just take a look see over their booklet...forget what it said...but there's nothing new to learn for it :dontknow:

I started preparing for it at the beginning of year 13...but never actually focused on it...so you'll probably need a lot less time :giggle: when do you get back from dossing?
    That's what I'm trying to figure out.

But thanks for the help!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That's what I'm trying to figure out.

But thanks for the help!
    Well if you're basing when you get back on it I'd give yourself a month, maybe two if you need to go over the maths aswell or if you're going to be quite laid back about it :yep: otherwise if you're on gap year/holiday and have no other commitments 1 month should be ok...I think

ReputationRep:
    Woo, a conversation I can relate to. :p:

:coma:
    Was the thread getting too sexual for you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Well if you're basing when you get back on it I'd give yourself a month, maybe two if you need to go over the maths aswell or if you're going to be quite laid back about it :yep: otherwise if you're on gap year/holiday and have no other commitments 1 month should be ok...I think
    Afraid I don't have that sort of timescale; it's deciding something between 3-11 days (and the earlier it is, the more my friend has to abandon his family holiday :p:). I'm hoping that doing IB Maths HL now will help; I can't forget that much maths over a month, surely?

ReputationRep:
    Was the thread getting too sexual for you? :p:
    More the sad realisation that I had nothing to contribute to the discussion.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Afraid I don't have that sort of timescale; it's deciding something between 3-11 days (and the earlier it is, the more my friend has to abandon his family holiday :p:). I'm hoping that doing IB Maths HL now will help; I can't forget that much maths over a month, surely?
    Well 3-11 days of STEP papers will have to do :giggle: not sure how the papers compare to IB Maths at all, might make them easier, might make them more difficult...but they were weird to get used to compared to A level...so any time you can use to familiarise yourself with them will be beneficial :yep: maybe try one now?

ReputationRep:
    Fair does. I can live with that.

I just bought tickets to go and see Rufus Wainwright tomorrow night. I'll try and refrain from throwing myself at him. :p:
    YAY excitement!!! :woo:

Oh you don't know the half of it. :p:

Actually the semi-naked boys in my room never happened. We did play strip never have I ever in someone else's room once though. That was fun/traumatic.
    You forget what happened in Chris' room...with the handcuffs and stuff...
    You do realise we will torture you now until you give us all the juicy details :p:
    There was one lesbian and the rest of us were all normal gays, and she seemed to be the most liberal about showing her body. Not good. We didn't get past underwear, though.

I'd presume the Edinburgh offer is much lower, which must work in its favour? I think I preferred the course at Edinburgh, and it had a David Hume Building! However, you have got to think about getting there - that's why I ended up putting King's as my insurance instead of Edinburgh, I couldn't imagine the journey to and from Edinburgh with all my stuff six times a year...

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, I should've known you'd turn up and tell everyone.

(Original post by Bezzler)
    I didn't forget, I was just being demure.

There was one lesbian and the rest of us were all normal gays, and she seemed to be the most liberal about showing her body. Not good. We didn't get past underwear, though.
    Erm, she did. I had to shield my eyes on the right in case I saw boob. *shudder*

ReputationRep:

:eek:

Why wasn't I good enough to get into Oxford...

---

*sigh* I wish I was completely honest and open about everything. Both myself and my other half are not out to our close family (I never will be until my gran dies. Sounds awful I know, but she's more homophobic than Hitler...)

Plus he lives 150 miles away, so seeing each other is expensive. Woulda happened last week if it wasnt for that ******* volcano...

ReputationRep:

I know the answer to question 2: Edinburgh.

I would try to answer question 1, but I've got no idea what STEP is, to be honest. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd presume the Edinburgh offer is much lower, which must work in its favour? I think I preferred the course at Edinburgh, and it had a David Hume Building! However, you have got to think about getting there - that's why I ended up putting King's as my insurance instead of Edinburgh, I couldn't imagine the journey to and from Edinburgh with all my stuff six times a year...
    Well, I'm reasonably certain about getting either offer; the thing is, I don't really know what the course is like at Edinburgh, since they never gave me an open day. :mad: Having a Hume building is pretty good, though.

*sigh* I wish I was completely honest and open about everything. Both myself and my other half are not out to our close family (I never will be until my gran dies. Sounds awful I know, but she's more homophobic than Hitler...)

Plus he lives 150 miles away, so seeing each other is expensive. Woulda happened last week if it wasnt for that ******* volcano...
    Do you have to be around her? Just accept that either you or her aren't going to be welcome for Christmas, and surely the less-outdated members of your family will be more accepting? Being out is fun (although I wouldn't equate it to being 'open about everything' :p:).

It's times like this that I like having a fluffy liberal family, though. One grandmother already has a gay daughter (my aunt), so she was fine with it, and the other apparently just listed a load of gay celebrities she knew about and that was it.

Anyway, g'night, gays.

ReputationRep:

Was she hot/attractive? Because a hot lesbian removing her clothes = hot :sogood: :coma:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.