Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by The Original Me)
    Hmmm...
    Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Hmmm...
    I can honestly say, I know how you fell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Original Me)
    I can honestly say, I know how you fell.
    He was tripped up?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what you said about the Tories?

Not me.
    GAH

I'll have to subscribe, or review loads of Personal Statements

ReputationRep:
    :tea:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a girl coming over. I'm tired. Boo.

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I enjoyed this post. It seems a little mad... like the ramblings of some deranged, tortured genius.

There are many assumptions in my post, none of which I expect to be spoiled.
    I meant to post on this before; I enjoyed all of those assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    Gays, this is totally insane.
    (btw, i negged no one :b)

Okay, so I talked about this blonde version of Megan Fox on here already sometime. And with that BMF (blonde megan fox) there was this short-haired blonde girl. Today I went to that youth centre again. And I THINK I saw the short-haired blonde girl! I blatantly asked her about the long-haired blonde girl, to see if maybe it WAS her. It probably was.
    Now she will most likely introduce me to BMF. :yep: And maaaybe she is coming on Friday too!
    Oh, I HOPE it is her! That would be insane. I'd love to meet that girl. Seriously. I would try to commit with her, if she's a committed one. Argh!

How was your day, gays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    :zomg:

hello you. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I had a good evening at uni I got to walk/train home with a yummy coursemate :p:

ReputationRep:
    Scweepy

Is it mad that I am planning my mum's 50th birthday pressie even though it is 3 years away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    He was tripped up?
    Haha, I didn't even realise - I was very tired earlier. Just to clarify the word in question should say 'feel'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Scweepy

Is it mad that I am planning my mum's 50th birthday pressie even though it is 3 years away?
    It's rather sweet tbh.

Now what is this to be?

I have often pondered long-away gifts and thought I would make something really awesome, but usually I capitulate from grand plans into practicality.

Though I have always wanted to send my mum to Vienna for the NYD concert. She adores it and I would give anything to get her a ticket.

Signing up with 50 email addresses was apparently not enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    It's rather sweet tbh.

Now what is this to be?

I have often pondered long-away gifts and thought I would make something really awesome, but usually I capitulate from grand plans into practicality.

Though I have always wanted to send my mum to Vienna for the NYD concert. She adores it and I would give anything to get her a ticket.

Signing up with 50 email addresses was apparently not enough
    Trip to New York :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I've stayed up until midnight baking. Woo, breaking stereotypical gender boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Scweepy

Not at all, I've got my mum and future step-dad's wedding present planned even though the date of their wedding is "When we can afford it" which is not going to be any time soon :p: I've also got really nice birthday/christmas presents planned for my parents for when I can afford it hehe.

(Original post by icysquall)
    I've stayed up until midnight baking. Woo, breaking stereotypical gender boundaries.
    I often find that my best cake bakery is performed in the small hours. Sometimes under the influence as well!

ReputationRep:
    x
    Do you remember asking me in an evolution thread about whether it's possible to actually lose genes from a genome, or whether it was just a reduction in frequency of certain alleles?

Well I've done a little more research, it is actually possible to lose genes. During meiosis where you get crossing over and linkage and chiasma formation and all that jazz going on, it is occasionally possible for a chromosomal aberration that removes a gene entirely, or removes a key segment leaving a non-coding remnant. The germ cell that has this mutation is generally rendered sterile, but not always. There are also transposons and non-coding repeats that can move about in the genome, and can splice themselves into other genes, effectively removing them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Do you remember asking me in an evolution thread about whether it's possible to actually lose genes from a genome, or whether it was just a reduction in frequency of certain alleles?

Well I've done a little more research, it is actually possible to lose genes. During meiosis where you get crossing over and linkage and chiasma formation and all that jazz going on, it is occasionally possible for a chromosomal aberration that removes a gene entirely, or removes a key segment leaving a non-coding remnant. The germ cell that has this mutation is generally rendered sterile, but not always. There are also transposons and non-coding repeats that can move about in the genome, and can splice themselves into other genes, effectively removing them.
    This quite often leads to the developmental of cancers that are considered to have a genetic component.

I think that much as you defy gender boundaries, squall, you are carving out the gay man stereotype :awesome:

Crisps... that sounds fantastic. Expensive, but very special indeed.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Morning everyone :wavey:

Science on the lgbt thread again :love: this place does feel really homey *has learnt something new*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.