Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Who? :hmmmm:
    :iiam:

(Original post by skipp)
    :rofl: everywhere paving goes he gets called an intruder or an invader it seems :yes: seems to be a growing trend
    :emo:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    He'll be more than welcome here.

After he's been initiated of course :p:
    There's an initiation? :s:

Or is it like the women's society who allowed men to join after satisfactorily filling out a questionnaire? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    There's an initiation? :s:

Or is it like the women's society who allowed men to join after satisfactorily filling out a questionnaire? :p:
    There is, girls go to Dali's office, boys go to mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Oh wow! Good to see you back here again :five:
    :hugs:

And ye that's understandable think when you feel like crap nothing seems appealing & you lose motivation for things...like walking through mud :indiff:
    It's probably worse for me than it is for most other people, though...when I say I feel like crap, I really mean it - with nearly ten years of suffering on and off from depression and three suicide attempts to my name, I avoid saying "I feel like crap" if I'm just having an off day or something :p: When I feel like crap, I'm REALLY suffering :o:

So how are you today?
    Not too bad I'm having a bit of a giggle because my mum's finally discovered that I've got a hamster in my bedroom (I've had him for three months now ). She was absolutely amazed that she'd never noticed before now, while dad and I have been laughing constantly for the past few months because she spent a fortune on laser eye surgery last year yet still never spotted the cage in the corner of my room :rofl:

CP has an epiphany :rolleyes:
    Boys will be boys :rolleyes:
    Pity for him that I'm more interested in girls, so it'll remain a fantasy for him (I've said before that I'm like 95% into girls and 5% into guys)

ReputationRep:
    5% but still a chance. :creep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    There is, girls go to Dali's office, boys go to mine.

Now that sounds like my sort sort of induction :mmm:

Be kind to paving, he's a good boy really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

Be kind to paving, he's a good boy really
    He'll be even more of a good boy when I am finished with him :angel:

Hopefully he'll learn to spell my name right too! :p:

ReputationRep:
    that's tomdot's influence

sorry bro :broken:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    My office has lots of fun toys to use on the inductees :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dalimyr)

It's probably worse for me than it is for most other people, though...when I say I feel like crap, I really mean it - with nearly ten years of suffering on and off from depression and three suicide attempts to my name, I avoid saying "I feel like crap" if I'm just having an off day or something :p: When I feel like crap, I'm REALLY suffering :o:
    Youch, that's got to suck...not even going to pretend to know what that feels like, can see why it fluctuates so much then...the brain is a horrible thing to be stuck in sometimes, sometimes I wonder if dealing with that is what life is

Don't think that made any sense :sigh:

Not too bad I'm having a bit of a giggle because my mum's finally discovered that I've got a hamster in my bedroom (I've had him for three months now ). She was absolutely amazed that she'd never noticed before now, while dad and I have been laughing constantly for the past few months because she spent a fortune on laser eye surgery last year yet still never spotted the cage in the corner of my room :rofl:
    :rofl: oh that's brilliant! Well done dali's mom :p: My mom's got eyes like an eagle so would never get away with that, does your hamster have a name?

Boys will be boys :rolleyes:
    Pity for him that I'm more interested in girls, so it'll remain a fantasy for him (I've said before that I'm like 95% into girls and 5% into guys)
    Poor paving :emog:

My boyfriend is probably the only guy I've ever really been properly attracted to to be honest, so it seems very unlikely cp'll be breaking this trend at any time

Sorry paving, no girls for you today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    that's tomdot's influence

sorry bro :broken:
    You will be :spank:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My office has lots of fun toys to use on the inductees :yep:
    Skipp loves to play :awesome:

Right I'm ready to start my induction at any time

ReputationRep:
    I'm not. :afraid:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :giggle: oh paving the fear in your smiley

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:

(Original post by skipp)
    does your hamster have a name?
    Yep. He's a Chinese dwarf hamster so I think I spent a couple of weeks deciding on a Chinese name to give him, and eventually settled on Tai
    I'm a bit funny like that. I picked up this habit after our last dog, really - Kipper was adopted from someone at a fish farm my dad worked at, and he had a brother called Mussels :p: I found the idea of puppies in a fish farm being named after fishy things quite cute. So, I decided that if I got a pet of my own then I'd name it based either on its background (like with Kipper and Mussels) or based on its breed. It's just something I think is a bit cute and fitting, and it makes a change for, say, a papillon (dog breed named after the French for "butterfly") to be called something like Didier or Amélie instead of being called something like Rover or Fido
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :toofunny:

Yep. He's a Chinese dwarf hamster so I think I spent a couple of weeks deciding on a Chinese name to give him, and eventually settled on Tai
    I'm a bit funny like that. I picked up this habit after our last dog, really - Kipper was adopted from someone at a fish farm my dad worked at, and he had a brother called Mussels :p: I found the idea of puppies in a fish farm being named after fishy things quite cute. So, I decided that if I got a pet of my own then I'd name it based either on its background (like with Kipper and Mussels) or based on its breed. It's just something I think is a bit cute and fitting, and it makes a change for, say, a papillon (dog breed named after the French for "butterfly") to be called something like Didier or Amélie instead of being called something like Rover or Fido
    Aww extreme hamster :giggle:

Or great hamster :moon:

I name my pokemon like that they all have reasons for their names at least, my rabbit however is named twinkle She's 8 now so I named her when I was ~10/11 and not so creative with names...when she's being cute I call her funny face for some reason :love:

Naming pets like that is fascinating actually, means they keep a bit of their heritage...I'll agree fido and rover aren't names I'd choose :p: kipper and mussel the dogs sound adorable :love: and being born on a fish farm is certainly interesting :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tai's a bit of a cutie, as well :p:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9910/photo0124m.jpg
    http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7237/photo0126mx.jpg
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Awwww :jumphug: adorable! :love:

Wish I had some bunny pictures to share...twinkle's a little camera shy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Oh wow Aber is my insurance choice :yep:

Never heard of the conference, but it sounds interesting...maybe something to look into if I ever get to uni :p:
    Aber!! Tis teh awesomes. V strong LGBT community here, going from strength to strength! Crisps used to be Aber-y, before he got all graduated.

Conference is the awesomes - very beurocratic and political (but I can live on that), but it's the largest LGBT campaigning group in Europe, there'll hopefully be more than 300 activists this year!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by emmarainbow)
    Aber!! Tis teh awesomes. V strong LGBT community here, going from strength to strength! Crisps used to be Aber-y, before he got all graduated.

Conference is the awesomes - very beurocratic and political (but I can live on that), but it's the largest LGBT campaigning group in Europe, there'll hopefully be more than 300 activists this year!
    Sounds awesome

The conference looks like great aswell, looked up the manifestos from last year...so much enthusiasm

You can tell it's nearly 4am when the only decent word in your vocabulary is enthusiasm :giggle:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.