x Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Emma! :jumphug:
    Eeee!! :jumphug:

(Original post by Crisps)
    Indeed :cool: Wish I was still at Aber .

Although I didn't get involved in AberPride. I tried to but I was near enough ignored all night Didn't feel welcome at all.

And you'll be surprised at how many straight people are in it too! Dunno if it is the same for any other uni LGBT groups
    I'm sorry that happened! Dunno about Pride then, but I like to think that these days we're really good at being welcoming. I know last week we got a big influx of new people and they all seemed to be in proper conversations with people - other newbies and oldies.

There are a couple of straight people... they're lovely though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    SCC? Sea Cadets I pressume? Sea Cadets over here was an odd one because it was only open to younger kids, the marine cadets used to go on parade next to them at big events, they were the hard core group...it was odd to see :sadnod:
    Indeed. That's a bit weird, all the units in our area had cadets up to the age of 18, and many of them went on to become officers. We had a few marine detatchments, but they were largely the subject of our mockery :p:

(Original post by dbmag9)
    I had a haircut! I cannot be bothered to take photos, but there will be pictures of me with sword after Friday, so you can all wait 'till then. :p:

They were not CCF cadets that I had been shouting at, then. :yep:
    Sword! I miss sword drill. The officers sword was so beautiful

And I'm sure not all CCFers are that bad. Although our CO told us that many of them are so poor because rather than choosing to do it, they're made to by their various schools and such. Although I don't buy that as an excuse for the total lack of common sense some of them have ¬_¬ Prime examples being the ones that decided to sail straight into the side of a P&O ferry :p: Not that I minded too much though, it gave me an opportunity to be hardcore and swoop in on a RIB and save the day

Tbh, the ones we had real contempt for were the Sea Scouts ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    I'm choosing to interpret this exchange as crude innuendo, just to let you know. :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Indeed. That's a bit weird, all the units in our area had cadets up to the age of 18, and many of them went on to become officers. We had a few marine detatchments, but they were largely the subject of our mockery :p:

And I'm sure not all CCFers are that bad. Although our CO told us that many of them are so poor because rather than choosing to do it, they're made to by their various schools and such. Although I don't buy that as an excuse for the total lack of common sense some of them have ¬_¬ Prime examples being the ones that decided to sail straight into the side of a P&O ferry :p: Not that I minded too much though, it gave me an opportunity to be hardcore and swoop in on a RIB and save the day

Tbh, the ones we had real contempt for were the Sea Scouts ¬_¬
    Oh that's always weird, when you find the scrawny useless kid actually went on to join the forces...but yes quite a lot of people I used to know are now officers aswell :s:

We never did sword drill, rifle drill yes...although we had a special squad for that...but when it came to squad selection time I was too busy running my flight despite still being a cadet for things like that apparently :grumble:

And yes that was the general consensus...it was just the ones who thought they were great that made us all giggle :giggle: luckily none of ours ever needed rescuing, but they did manage to get us all banned from certain areas of headland, something about smoke grenades and digging up the home of some rare animal

That ferry story is hilarious :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I'm choosing to interpret this exchange as crude innuendo, just to let you know. :p:
    I'd expect no less! :p:

(Original post by skipp)
    Oh that's always weird, when you find the scrawny useless kid actually went on to join the forces...but yes quite a lot of people I used to know are now officers aswell :s:

We never did sword drill, rifle drill yes...although we had a special squad for that...but when it came to squad selection time I was too busy running my flight despite still being a cadet for things like that apparently :grumble:

And yes that was the general consensus...it was just the ones who thought they were great that made us all giggle :giggle: luckily none of ours ever needed rescuing, but they did manage to get us all banned from certain areas of headland, something about smoke grenades and digging up the home of some rare animal

That ferry story is hilarious :rofl:
    Ah, I was in the rifle guard ^^ I miss my Lee Enfield so much I was always in the armed guard on the memorial at Remembrance Sunday I was also a pretty good marksman
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ah, I was in the rifle guard ^^ I miss my Lee Enfield so much I was always in the armed guard on the memorial at Remembrance Sunday I was also a pretty good marksman
    Ah that sound awesome! :love: somehow I ended up doing colour, the flag was bigger than I was, originally my friend who was 6ft+ did it and he had difficulty :p:

I wasn't the best with the standard .22 rifle we used, but turns out I was pretty good with an L98, which shouldn't make sense but someone always has to be the freak, unfortunately you needed to pass the .22 test before you could use the L98 :mmm: so eventually I think they just pretended I passed and let me move on

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, I am still slilghtly drunk from last night

ReputationRep:
    :tea:

ReputationRep:
    Having a boring day... although I did spend a good hour or two fragging n00bs on Open Arena ^^

ReputationRep:
    Having a boring day... although I did spend a good hour or two fragging n00bs on Open Arena ^^
    I read that as "flogging n00bs" and was thinking :curious:

:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)

hello you

ReputationRep:
    I read that as "flogging n00bs" and was thinking :curious:

:o:
    Haha, sadly not THAT exciting :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, sadly not THAT exciting :p:
    Wouldn't put it past you :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't put it past you :p:
    Slander! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Slander! :eek:
    Nah, , gotta have a bit of fun somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)

hello you
    Hey hey :lovehug:
    how's it going these days? It's been a short while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Have missed you
    have you? :p: hehe

now i know i know you, i reconise ur info, what was ur old screenname? its been too long!

ReputationRep:
    Mousey Wousey has moved in!!!!!

What do they eat? I have some humane traps. Peanut butter? Chocolate spread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi)
    have you? :p: hehe

now i know i know you, i reconise ur info, what was ur old screenname? its been too long!
    I doubt you'd remember my other username - I didn't have it for long :p: But I changed my username to Tranquilité for about a week, then asked for Acaila to change my name back after I met her in Edinburgh in October/November 2006. Aside from that, I've always had the Dalimyr name on here

Don't worry if you don't remember me that much :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Mousey Wousey has moved in!!!!!

What do they eat? I have some humane traps. Peanut butter? Chocolate spread?
    Peanut butter :yep:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.