Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I remember those from alevel Biology. Tedious bloody things.

I've been 'working' all day but I've only got about 20% of what I need done because I keep getting distracted every 10 minutes. Buggeration.
    I used to hate them and find them incredibly tedious. But now I've been reintroduced to them I'm not finding them so bad, I can rattle off two or three in about 10 minutes.

Blargh, I feel both drowsy and kinda jittery. Damn painkiller/coffee combo.

ReputationRep:
    Fell asleep. Woke up almost an hour ago with blurry vision in one eye. It's clearing but not 100%. Am I dying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I'm hoping for a hung parliament and another election in 6 months :awesome:
    Yep, that'd be ideal. Hopefully the lib dems will make political reform a must-do on any deal they make, so the next election will be fair and representative...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yep, that'd be ideal. Hopefully the lib dems will make political reform a must-do on any deal they make, so the next election will be fair and representative...
    I fear that may be too much to hope for

ReputationRep:
    Not too much for a lib-lab coalition. We just have to hope the lib dems are in their progressive mood and not conservative mood when they make their choice... (That's if the people in this country didn't vote in the other ones)

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually filled with a little bit of dread for tomorrow. Partially because I'm scared the Tories will get in outright, and partially because I'm not entirely sure which other outcome would be preferable...

ReputationRep:
    I really really don't want the Tories to win, but I have a feeling they will just sneak in and get a Thatcherite majority (Thatcher only had a majority of 4 seats)

ReputationRep:
    A Lib-Con coalition would stand the best chance of actually achieving electoral reform (proportional representation); Labour have only got this far because we don't have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    I really really don't want the Tories to win, but I have a feeling they will just sneak in and get a Thatcherite majority (Thatcher only had a majority of 4 seats)
    Um, when did Thatcher only have a majority of 4 seats? In 1979, the Tories had 339 seats compared to Labour's 269 (there were a few others, but not enough to make it that small a majority - the Liberals only had 11 seats), in 1983 there was the most decisive victory for any party since Labour in 1945 and in 1987 they had a reduced majority of 102 seats.

John Major, on the other hand, led a much less powerful government, which by the mid-90s became a minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Um, when did Thatcher only have a majority of 4 seats? In 1979, the Tories had 339 seats compared to Labour's 269 (there were a few others, but not enough to make it that small a majority - the Liberals only had 11 seats), in 1983 there was the most decisive victory for any party since Labour in 1945 and in 1987 they had a reduced majority of 102 seats.

John Major, on the other hand, led a much less powerful government, which by the mid-90s became a minority.
    The BBC and their "election history" thingy are wrong then :p:

ReputationRep:
    The BBC and their "election history" thingy are wrong then :p:
    No they're not. I just looked. 1979, Tory majority of 43 seats, 1983 majority of 144 and 1987 majority of 102. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    No they're not. I just looked. 1979, Tory majority of 43 seats, 1983 majority of 144 and 1987 majority of 102. :dontknow:
    They've changed it. Used to be just a simple page but it's now a click-through graphic. Definately said 1979 election was a 4 seat Tory majority last night. It must have missed the 3 off :p:

ReputationRep:
    They've changed it. Used to be just a simple page but it's now a click-through graphic. Definately said 1979 election was a 4 seat Tory majority last night. It must have missed the 3 off :p:
    Wouldn't surprise me - I've noticed a handful of gaffes on the BBC website which they try to sneakily edit later on without people noticing...this one's a beauty

Yep, Italy getting back-to-back victories thanks to winning against...themselves

There was another time where they said that the Scotland football team hadn't scored a single goal in five matches, when their fourth-last was a 2-0 win over Macedonia...that was later changed to say that they hadn't scored a goal in four away matches, which was correct. Well, it was corrected in one article. It's actually still wrong in another article - saying (prior to the 3-0 defeat to Wales) that they hadn't scored in four games, when their third-last game had been that 2-0 win... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1568

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Wouldn't surprise me - I've noticed a handful of gaffes on the BBC website which they try to sneakily edit later on without people noticing...this one's a beauty

There was another time where they said that the Scotland football team hadn't scored a single goal in five matches, when their fourth-last was a 2-0 win over Macedonia...that was later changed to say that they hadn't scored a goal in four away matches, which was correct. Well, it was corrected in one article. It's actually still wrong in another article - saying (prior to the 3-0 defeat to Wales) that they hadn't scored in four games, when their third-last game had been that 2-0 win... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1568
    In their article about how the BNP guy kicked off with the Asian kids yesterday, the title said it happened in Romford whilst the entire article was talking about Ripple Road, which is in Barking. Craftily edited after an hour or so.

ReputationRep:
    Hurry up parcel! I wanna go vote :o:

ReputationRep:
    Cake Bakery time again! Although this is the first time in a long while I've baked in daylight, my best work is normally done in the wee hours ^^

ReputationRep:
    oooh nearly voting time

Lib dems cracked me up earlier, there was a van driving around Chelty filled with lib dem posters with a megaphone saying vote lib dem and quoting the manifesto. was so funny to see

I have a dilemma every thursday night, my gaydar dosen't work, how do I identify pretty ladies which are also interested in ladies? :confused:

I always go out with the hope that I'll meet someone, which has only happened once before. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi)
    I have a dilemma every thursday night, my gaydar dosen't work, how do I identify pretty ladies which are also interested in ladies? :confused:

I always go out with the hope that I'll meet someone, which has only happened once before. :o:
    Eye contact :yep:

On my way to a funfair I passed a girl. She looked at me. I looked at her. She looked back. I looked back. I knew immediately: she's gay. Unfortunately, I had someone on the phone. I almost told them to hold on a minute, so I could talk to the girl :p: However, I, as always, chickened out.

So.. uh.. I should get more into politics, huh? Who'd you wanna win, gays? Seems like the Torys aren't your favourites?

Oh, and don't you hate it when your friends aren't really subtle about the girl you like? :p:

ReputationRep:
    My gaydar is ever so slowly improving hehe. There's a guy on my course that I was fairly sure was gay, although he didn't have any particularly overt suggestive traits. I thought maybe just because he's cute I was just hoping he was lol :p: Managed to find him on Facebook yesterday, very limited information, but he's a member of the "Boycott Heinz until the gay kiss advert is back!" group, and also the group of a gay swimming club, so I'm fairly certain he is

ReputationRep:
    ******* phone still isn't here! Hurry up, I wanna go vote!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.