Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Yeah, well my teacher went away for a summer holiday and came back able to teach Chinese. And he knitted a duck that got on national TV. And he's blatantly gay. :p:

I win. :yep:
    I can match two of those three. Mine disappeared and came back speaking Russian, and the year after that decided to learn Finnish. Also, blatantly gay.

ReputationRep:
    Good evening. Why is it so cold? It's MAY, it's supposed to be WARM! (ish) :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I feel frustrated and angry at the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I feel frustrated and angry at the world.
    :hugs: What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    :hugs: What's up?
    :hugs: I should just stop reading the news. It angers me greatly :p: The thing that's angered me most today probably was the whole story about that guy that made the joke on Twitter about blowing up the airport. Gah.

Oh well, a whisky mac has been most helpful in soothing me this evening ^^

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I should just stop reading the news. It angers me greatly :p: The thing that's angered me most today probably was the whole story about that guy that made the joke on Twitter about blowing up the airport. Gah.

Oh well, a whisky mac has been most helpful in soothing me this evening ^^
    What's this? First I've heard of it.

ReputationRep:
    What's this? First I've heard of it.
    Basically, he was stuck at an airport for some reason, and he made a joke (admittedly a bad joke in poor taste) on his Twitter saying something to the effect of "Robin Hood airport is closed, give it a week or I'll blow this place up!". Poor taste perhaps, but quite abundantly clear that it was a joke. However, someone forwarded it to the airport, who apparently conceded that it wasn't a legitimate threat but they forwarded it onto the police anyway. You might have thought that they'd exercise a little common sense and probably do nothing more than give him a talking to about how it was inappropriate, but no. They arrested him on the charge of making a bomb threat, which was later downgraded to a "bomb hoax". This was back in January I think.

The case was passed to the CPS, who decided for some bizarre reason that it was in the public interest to try this man in court, but didn't have sufficient evidence under the bomb hoax legislation, so they decided to pursue it under some never-before used section under the Communications Act, for his "menacing message". He was found guilty earlier today, £1000 fine and now has a criminal record. Absolute fail. More detailed information here: http://jackofkent.blogspot.com/

ReputationRep:
    Basically, he was stuck at an airport for some reason, and he made a joke (admittedly a bad joke in poor taste) on his Twitter saying something to the effect of "Robin Hood airport is closed, give it a week or I'll blow this place up!". Poor taste perhaps, but quite abundantly clear that it was a joke. However, someone forwarded it to the airport, who apparently conceded that it wasn't a legitimate threat but they forwarded it onto the police anyway. You might have thought that they'd exercise a little common sense and probably do nothing more than give him a talking to about how it was inappropriate, but no. They arrested him on the charge of making a bomb threat, which was later downgraded to a "bomb hoax". This was back in January I think.

The case was passed to the CPS, who decided for some bizarre reason that it was in the public interest to try this man in court, but didn't have sufficient evidence under the bomb hoax legislation, so they decided to pursue it under some never-before used section under the Communications Act, for his "menacing message". He was found guilty earlier today, £1000 fine and now has a criminal record. Absolute fail. More detailed information here: http://jackofkent.blogspot.com/
    ridiculous

ReputationRep:

Well that's rather silly. Stupid things like this give the law a bad name. Though admittedly the law deserves a bad name in certain areas. I imagine he'll appeal.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's rather silly. Stupid things like this give the law a bad name. Though admittedly the law deserves a bad name in certain areas. I imagine he'll appeal.
    Fees to the court for things like appeals are sometimes extortionate, no?

:unsure:

ReputationRep:

The following come to my mind:
    FML.
    Epic fail.

Anyhoo, I have found my brother! I'm very stoked about it. We had no contact for three years and I have finally found him. And now we want to meet up. I'm so happy, gays!

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are we all?

(Original post by Laertes)
    I can match two of those three. Mine disappeared and came back speaking Russian, and the year after that decided to learn Finnish. Also, blatantly gay.
    Do we have the same teacher? :p:

The duck part still wins, though. :yep:

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Anyhoo, I have found my brother! I'm very stoked about it. We had no contact for three years and I have finally found him. And now we want to meet up. I'm so happy, gays!
    How did you lose him for three years? Sounds exciting, though.

ReputationRep:
    Urrrrrghghgh I feel so sick Throwing up is no fun.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are we all?
    I'm alright. I'm going to make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner! Yum. Other than that, I'm slightly bored.

How are you holding up?

ReputationRep:
    Urrrrrghghgh I feel so sick Throwing up is no fun.
    Hope you feel better soon.

(Original post by Gesar)
    I'm alright. I'm going to make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner! Yum. Other than that, I'm slightly bored.

How are you holding up?
    Nom, sounds tasty, although I've had a lot of pasta recently.

I'm alright; my next exam (German) is Friday, which seems annoyingly to be too far away to be nervous (and hence capable of revision) yet. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a little better now. Good news, that means I get to eat ginger biscuits all evening ^^

ReputationRep:
    Do we have the same teacher? :p:
    That seems unlikely :p:

I am also interested in this.

ReputationRep:
    Oh revision is disgusting! :mad:
    hiiii gaAaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyysssssssssss s! :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    everyone having a good day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I am also interested in this.
    He had a serious and bad fight with my/our dad and just pushed himself away from the family.
    So yeah.. it was all messed up. And now I saw him on a German social networking site, and his girlfriend as well. So I decided to message her (because she updated her profile just recently unlike him). And fact is, he missed me too. :yep:

So I am very happy.

And how are you all? It's raining here, I got a date tomorrow and I am very nervous about it.
    And what have you been up to, guys? Apart from the tedious studying.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.