Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Laertes)
    No, I don't think I'd have the patience. I do History and Politics, me :awesome:
    Where does patience come into it? :p:

Law is some good **** though :smokin:

(Original post by dbmag9)
    So when's that meet again?

G'night, gays.
    night :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    So when's that meet again?
    I have no idea. I think the vague plan was for sometime after Easter but before the exams, obviously that ain't happening.

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)

I don't know, it's besides the point though. I don't do Law and I doubt I will when I go to university. I'm going to do me the most pointless degree... (okay, the second most pointless after English Lit.) History :hat:

ReputationRep:

Blates.

There are times when I remember how much I do like Law, there just seem to be an annoying amount of times when it's tedious and too much effort.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have no idea. I think the vague plan was for sometime after Easter but before the exams, obviously that ain't happening.

I don't know, it's besides the point though. I don't do Law and I doubt I will when I go to university. I'm going to do me the most pointless degree... (okay, the second most pointless after English Lit.) History :hat:
    Always thought History would be really interesting to study :moon: good luck with that :five:

I think you should do what you enjoy.

You're gonna spend a lot of money. Might as well make the most of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Always thought History would be really interesting to study :moon: good luck with that :five:
    Yeah it is but I can't think of a single practical use of a History Degree :p:

(Original post by icysquall)
    Blates.

There are times when I remember how much I do like Law, there just seem to be an annoying amount of times when it's tedious and too much effort.
    I know it's a hate/love relationship.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    In today's market most degrees don't have much use :giggle: so wouldn't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a hate/love relationship.
    What do you do?

You're gonna spend a lot of money. Might as well make the most of it!
    Yeah, there is that aspect to it.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised. It's one of those degrees that seems to be able to get you in to quite a lot of jobs, apart from the obvious ones like historian, teaching etc. Media jobs, various research/information studies jobs and so on, as well as academic research.

(Original post by skipp)
    In today's market most degrees don't have much use :giggle: so wouldn't worry too much
    Sadly not true. Whilst experience is the key criterion that'll make or break a job application, a degree can provide a massive instant filter to a stack of applications. For example, many jobs I've applied for recently have said they don't need a degree, but if the recruiter gets 50 applications, 20 of which have degrees, they can often just discount the remaining 30. This is especially true in some sectors, like science.

ReputationRep:
    My god the candidates in Junior Apprentice are a bunch of smarmy gits. I thought the adults were bad!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Sadly not true. Whilst experience is the key criterion that'll make or break a job application, a degree can provide a massive instant filter to a stack of applications. For example, many jobs I've applied for recently have said they don't need a degree, but if the recruiter gets 50 applications, 20 of which have degrees, they can often just discount the remaining 30. This is especially true in some sectors, like science.
    I probably didn't phrase that too well :hmmmm: but was working on the assumption that Laertes was getting a degree...not saying he shouldn't get one

Essentially what I meant was that a degree is only the basic starting place :sigh: you have to have one and getting a history degree isn't any worse than getting another degree because of this reason:

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    You'd be surprised. It's one of those degrees that seems to be able to get you in to quite a lot of jobs, apart from the obvious ones like historian, teaching etc. Media jobs, various research/information studies jobs and so on, as well as academic research.
    I should be quiet at this time of night I try to say everything with a sentence and usually it's not the right sentence...even with smileys

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I'm alright ta. Muddling along. Hoping for a first again, though you wouldn't guess it from my workload. How are you? What grade are you aiming for?
    Sounds about like my life at the moment, although I'm really looking forward to going interrailing with my girlfriend. <3

I'm aiming for a first, definitely. I averaged something like an 86 first semester, and I'm hoping for at least at 80 average this semester; I'll be very disappointed with anything less. Of course, I could still just not take my physics exam, and still pass into third year; for some reason I took 20 extra credits over the course of this year. ;.;

ReputationRep:
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherZoe)
    Hello
    Zoe! How are you?

ReputationRep:
    no more sixth-form college EVER

ReputationRep:
    ****, this place has been quiet. How is everybody today?

ReputationRep:
    ****, this place has been quiet. How is everybody today?
    :hugs:

I'm good. whats up?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.