Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Yeah. I have no idea what their age is, but it's olddddddddd. Gimme Tom Daley any day.

Australia is a pretty awesome to go to. You could island hop from China/Singapore to those other islands which I've never been, and/or forgotten the name of, and then down under.
    Hehe, "you could go down under" :p:. But that is a possibility.

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Aww that's sweet though.

I like it when parents get all wierd just because they care. My mum wanted me to study karate. I asked why, and she was like "just incase I bump into homophobes" .... it's sweet, but so silly!
    Yeah, my dad had a phase of bringing me every gay-related article in the news that came up.

Although in the case of certain countries, I suppose he has a point, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I think we can all agree that we enjoy any sports where there is lycra or other tight fitting clothes involved.

(Original post by dbmag9)
    Yeah, my dad had a phase of bringing me every gay-related article in the news that came up.

Although in the case of certain countries, I suppose he has a point, unfortunately.
    Yeah, but you're okay unless you decide to arrive as a giant pink penis balloon ...

(Original post by icysquall)
    I think we can all agree that we enjoy any sports where there is lycra or other tight fitting clothes involved.
    Yeap, tight suits too :five:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but you're okay unless you decide to arrive as a giant pink penis balloon ...
    Still wouldn't want to visit Jamaica, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, "you could go down under" :p:. But that is a possibility.
    Indeed. :p:

Although, isn't (was) Australia kind off "homophobic". In the broadest term possibly. I remember reading it somewhere.

You should do a dare, and see if you can make out in the beaches of Dubai without getting caught. That would be ... interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I love tight suits; if there is a god, he is truly a benevolent god, if for no reason, other than for the invention of tight suits.

Still wouldn't want to visit Jamaica, to be honest.
    Why? C'us they're black? :eek: :eek3:

(Original post by Laertes)
    I love tight suits; if there is a god, he is truly a benevolent god, if for no reason, other than for the invention of tight suits.
    I know a shop that deals with legal clothes, and on the window is a model plastic thingy, and his suited is so :drool:.

I know. I love suits too. Have you ever done it in an office! I have :proud:

Although, isn't (was) Australia kind off "homophobic". In the broadest term possibly. I remember reading it somewhere.
    I have an Australian housemate, and she says it used to be but things have improved dramatically over the last decade and a bit ... there is no difference between them much now and Europe. Well, the city peeps anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I know a shop that deals with legal clothes, and on the window is a model plastic thingy, and his suited is so :drool:.

I know. I love suits too. Have you ever done it in an office! I have :proud:
    I have not; challenge accepted! [/Barney]

'Cos it's a notoriously homophobic country. For an example see Buju Banton, supposedly sophisticated member of society, setting an example.

ReputationRep:

You should do a dare, and see if you can make out in the beaches of Dubai without getting caught. That would be ... interesting.
    I don't really know much about Australia; a vague recollection of a conversation with some Aussies in Amsterdam says that Perth is on one side, all the other cities are on the other, there's nothing in the middle, and they don't drink Fosters. Also a fun conversation starter with any Australasian is to ask if they ride kangaroos to school. :cool:

If you're volunteering to make out with me...

Nah, 'cause they have one of the highest murder rates in the world and are known for being majorly homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I agree.

Also you might want to avoid Jamaica because gangs have apparently taken over part of it. Or part of Kingston, at least.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I agree.

Also you might want to avoid Jamaica because gangs have apparently taken over part of it. Or part of Kingston, at least.
    Long Live Dudus!

ReputationRep:
    Damn TSR for not having a multi-quote thingymajig.

I have an Australian housemate, and she says it used to be but things have improved dramatically over the last decade and a bit ... there is no difference between them much now and Europe. Well, the city peeps anyway.
    Good good. I plan on moving there one day. Open up a pie-shop. LOLOLOLOL. No, but seriously. :p:

If you're volunteering to make out with me...
    Yeah. Maybe not just yet... I don't want to die (get stoned to death), just yet. Talk to me when my life gets boring :p:

Dammit. I need to buy a good suit sooner or later. If only I had the money for all the designer stuff XD

ReputationRep:
    Night gays; I have to go and sleep ahead of tomorrow's double exam header.

I have not; challenge accepted! [/Barney]
    I could set you up with my ex ....

:hello: Night xx

ReputationRep:
    Diving is always good to watch. Hot guys in tiny speedos are always a good thing.
    Would it be really wrong for me to mention Tom Daley here, given that I'm now 19...?

This has naked guys. The drummer is even tattooed, for Mike and Laertes' benefits. :p:
    I remember even when that came out, I wanted to see it without the censoring (I must have been one perverted 8 year old...) I was so disappointed when I found out they actually wore flesh-coloured underwear to do most of it, though for the end I think they were actually naked.

Stuff about Australia
    One of my best friends here at uni is from Melbourne, she's never mentioned homophobia at all, and in fact some of her best friends back home were gay. And there's so many things you can say to infuriate an Aussie - Fosters, kangaroos, living upside down, the way they go up at the end of every sentence...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Maybe not just yet... I don't want to die (get stoned to death), just yet. Talk to me when my life gets boring :p:
    Let me know when your life gets boring. :cool:

G'night, Laertes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.