Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    What do you like to read?

I'm about to start on Greene once the exams are finished. :woo:
    I don't really mind. Nothing too heavy please, though. :o:

I've read Travels with my Aunt (by Greene); that was quite fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Or you could chat to us all evening. :yep:

I need to start reading again. Anyone got any recommendations?
    Plan.

I'm reading Jamaicia Inn by Daphne du Maurier at the moment, pretty good so far. What sort of things do you like to read?

ReputationRep:
    I would quote the various posts, but there were many of them, so I shall just announce to everyone: I GOT THE JOB Yay! Thank you all for your good luck wishes, clearly made the difference!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really mind. Nothing too heavy please, though. :o:

I've read Travels with my Aunt (by Greene); that was quite fun.
    A Farewell To Arms by Hemingway is one of the best books that I've read recently.

The City and the City is a sort of Fantasy/SF thing by China Mieville.

---

Humbug. I need to write an application thing today. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I would quote the various posts, but there were many of them, so I shall just announce to everyone: I GOT THE JOB Yay! Thank you all for your good luck wishes, clearly made the difference!
    Well done!

:ymca:

Even though I had no idea what you were applying for.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Well done. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Gah I am bored.

(Original post by icysquall)
    Plan.

I'm reading Jamaicia Inn by Daphne du Maurier at the moment, pretty good so far. What sort of things do you like to read?
    I'm OK with reading most things, I think. Dystopias are a bit depressing?

You awesome individual. :yep:

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    A Farewell To Arms by Hemingway is one of the best books that I've read recently.

The City and the City is a sort of Fantasy/SF thing by China Mieville.
    Sounds interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Sorry, I will not bother with Spanish now, otherwise I will be sitting here until 3am. :p:

Just some girl broke it.. -.- But it's actually the first serious heartache I ever had. But I don't wanna rant about that too deep so openly, so if you like you can just PM me. Luckily I have friends because regarding relationships and feeling I have ****** up issues.

So what do you love about relationships with girls? And explain more of that "I like to 'love' them, but not be IN love with them" a little further, so that I know for sure that I'm not confusing it. Please.
    Haha! No worries (: Your Spanish is pretty good, though :yep:
    Oh I'm really sorry to hear that; <3. You can only ever trust yourself not to hurt yourself, and even then that's tricky. In the words of Bob Marley 'You have to find the people worth being hurt for'... or something like that?

Well, girls are beautiful and they're sensitive and I just understand them. I don't know, it's like I know how to think like them... so Inever really have problems with them I just find them the better gender to be around.

Well, I was just being euphemistic, as in I like to 'love' boys, but not be in relationships with them. I see boys as a lustful object and girls as an object of my admiration. In saying that, however, if the right boy came along I'd probably give it a go :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Gah I am bored.

I'm OK with reading most things, I think. Dystopias are a bit depressing
    The last book I read which was really amazing was Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. It's basically an alternate history of 19th century England with magicians and other magical things. It's written in a sort of mock-Jane Austen/Dickens style which is just hilarious. It's pretty long but really holds your attention throughout.

ReputationRep:

I need to start reading again. Anyone got any recommendations?
    "Shanghai Baby" by Wei Hui.

or Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    You don't need to say much when sucking his ****. :p:
    Ohh don't get me started on the things I want to do to my secret love interest. He's like the only reason I go to parties. I think he knows I like him but really haven't hit on him without alcohol. I don't think he'd say no to that though. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    on a random note, the most awesome looking store ever. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    on a random note, the most awesome looking store ever. :awesome:

Oh. cool. I suddenly have the urge to put my head next to the walls. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    "Shanghai Baby" by Wei Hui.

or Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh
    :yes:
    I've read Fermat's Last Theorem. Might have a look for the other one; I should probably write down these suggestions. :p:

(Original post by Piprod01)
    Ohh don't get me started on the things I want to do to my secret love interest. He's like the only reason I go to parties. I think he knows I like him but really haven't hit on him without alcohol. I don't think he'd say no to that though. :rolleyes:
    I know how you feel. Except the guy I like would probably still say no. Damn breeders.

ReputationRep:
    Fa la la la la la la la la la

La la la la la la la la la la

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. Except the guy I like would probably still say no. Damn breeders.
    Awww...
    But I should totally go up to him next time I see him and offer him a bj! xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    Awww...
    But I should totally go up to him next time I see him and offer him a bj! xD
    You are definitely coming to our next meet. :p:

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. G'night, gays.

ReputationRep:
    You are definitely coming to our next meet. :p:

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. G'night, gays.
    Depends where it it... London is so hopelessly far away.
    Well maybe you're going to kidnap me... *dirty thoughts* x3

Ohhh Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    I'm organising a eurovision party tomorrow SO EXCITED lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeeGRANT)
    Haha! No worries (: Your Spanish is pretty good, though :yep:
    Oh I'm really sorry to hear that; <3. You can only ever trust yourself not to hurt yourself, and even then that's tricky. In the words of Bob Marley 'You have to find the people worth being hurt for'... or something like that?

Well, girls are beautiful and they're sensitive and I just understand them. I don't know, it's like I know how to think like them... so Inever really have problems with them I just find them the better gender to be around.

Well, I was just being euphemistic, as in I like to 'love' boys, but not be in relationships with them. I see boys as a lustful object and girls as an object of my admiration. In saying that, however, if the right boy came along I'd probably give it a go :yep:
    Thanks! That's good to hear as I haven't spoken, written or read any in a year.

Look who's talking.. My 'serious' heartache lasted for two days. :p: Now I'm already ogling another woman. :woo: :lol: But yes, I believe those are Bob Marley's words. But nobody's worth hurting you, so...
    Yeah, I just noticed again today that I'm definitely no wife material. :p:

But good that you don't have problems with girls. I am one myself and don't understand them. :rolleyes: Yeah, kinda sad.. But girls are awesome. :yep:
    And I know the kind of 'love' that you're talking about.

So how's your Friday been?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.