Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    are you offering? :sexface:

:mmm:

yehh I feel like that a lot :hugs: well enjoy it if you do go :hugs:

nighty!
    Of course I am offering. :mmm:

I just came back. And omg, people.. it was AMAZING!

I was in the front row for The Hives, HIM, Them Crooked Vultures, Airbourne, Slash (with the guy from Guns'n'Roses!!), Cypress Hill, Jay-Z (I saw Beyonce too!), KISS!!!!, Dizzee Rascal, Gentleman (Wolfmother didn't come), Gossip, 30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto is hot.) and most importantly MUSE!!!
    And Christopher Wolstenholme threw his harmonica to me and I caught it! But then the security guy ripped it off my hand and gave it to the girl behind me. -.- What a ******* *******! I was sooo pissed.

I then had the most amazing shower at my friend's place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)

I was in the front row for The Hives, HIM, Them Crooked Vultures, Airbourne, Slash (with the guy from Guns'n'Roses!!), Cypress Hill, Jay-Z (I saw Beyonce too!), KISS!!!!, Dizzee Rascal, Gentleman (Wolfmother didn't come), Gossip, 30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto is hot.) and most importantly MUSE!!!
    And Christopher Wolstenholme threw his harmonica to me and I caught it! But then the security guy ripped it off my hand and gave it to the girl behind me. -.- What a ******* *******! I was sooo pissed.

Sounds awesome. Sucks about the harmonica, though.

Did the shower involve said friend? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    :yep: It should!

I'm pretty much free till September, exams done! Probably should get a job though. >.>

ReputationRep:
    Sounds awesome. Sucks about the harmonica, though.

No, it didn't. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    :yep: It should!

I'm pretty much free till September, exams done! Probably should get a job though. >.>
    What kind of job you thinking about? I've got things to do on and off until July, which kinda gets in the way of work. My mum suggested looking for a job abroad for some of the gap year, though.

No, it didn't. :p:
    Aww.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently writing an application email (/begging for work) for work experience at this really awesome solicitors firm back in Birmingham. The work they do is incredible, they focus on immigration and human rights and some of the cases they've been involved in are heartbreaking. There's one where the appellant was appealing against the rejection of asylum application. She had the most horrible background: bigamously married off by her father to a much older man, publicly gang raped in a Serbian raid, then severely abused by her husband because she had 'Serb blood in her'. She finally escaped to the UK and formed a relationship with another woman who had a similar background and they formed a loving, stable relationship raising the second woman's kid. She won the appeal too, which is awesome.

I'd so love to work there, I'm getting all righteously angry about human rights abuses just by writing the email.

ReputationRep:

pics or GTFO (always wanted to say that).

that sounds so awesome duuuude I'm jealous :sad:

why did he give it to the girl behind? that's really wack

anyways welcome back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    My karate kit isn't going to be dry in time, so I can't go :shifty:

So tonight I shall just do my washing instead, and maybe a few exercises here. At least I can see my bedroom floor now.
    you do karate? nice one!

I make do with my dumbbells in my living room for exercise lol (although I'm going gym on Weds)

whoop, just remembered It's uniform tonight at SJA I feel important in my (makeshift for the time being) uniform :cool:

ReputationRep:
    pics or GTFO (always wanted to say that).

that sounds so awesome duuuude I'm jealous :sad:

why did he give it to the girl behind? that's really wack

anyways welcome back
    Pics of what? I could give you some

I don't know why he did that. Muse is my all-time favourite band. It would have been the highlight of my life basically..

Thanks for the warm welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    I'm currently writing an application email (/begging for work) for work experience at this really awesome solicitors firm back in Birmingham. The work they do is incredible, they focus on immigration and human rights and some of the cases they've been involved in are heartbreaking. There's one where the appellant was appealing against the rejection of asylum application. She had the most horrible background: bigamously married off by her father to a much older man, publicly gang raped in a Serbian raid, then severely abused by her husband because she had 'Serb blood in her'. She finally escaped to the UK and formed a relationship with another woman who had a similar background and they formed a loving, stable relationship raising the second woman's kid. She won the appeal too, which is awesome.

I'd so love to work there, I'm getting all righteously angry about human rights abuses just by writing the email.
    That sounds fantastic. Certainly helps dispel the lawyers as evil money grabbing *******s image :p:

Sadly my new job is less than groundbreaking. I'll be assisting in cutting edge neuroscience research, forging forward the breakthroughs in the cellular basis for behaviour and disease... by washing test tubes and wiping down benches. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Pics of what? I could give you some

I don't know why he did that. Muse is my all-time favourite band. It would have been the highlight of my life basically..

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    pics of the festival and everything

Muse are amazing :love: all the best people love Muse :yy:

no worries

ReputationRep:
    pics of the festival and everything

Muse are amazing :love: all the best people love Muse :yy:

no worries
    I could post some. Okay, let me just get them on my computer.. but they are of crap quality because my phone just sucks (it's a 6300 Nokia, so old).

And the best thing is: his voice is the same as the voice in the videos. :love:
    Matthew Belamy is hot. Seriously. I'd go bisexual for him. :p:
    (you got msn?)

ReputationRep:
    Grr, I hate trying to organise people who aren't on Facebook all the time. :mad:

you do karate? nice one!

I make do with my dumbbells in my living room for exercise lol (although I'm going gym on Weds)

whoop, just remembered It's uniform tonight at SJA I feel important in my (makeshift for the time being) uniform :cool:
    SJA? Uniform sounds exciting. :p:

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    That sounds fantastic. Certainly helps dispel the lawyers as evil money grabbing *******s image :p:

Sadly my new job is less than groundbreaking. I'll be assisting in cutting edge neuroscience research, forging forward the breakthroughs in the cellular basis for behaviour and disease... by washing test tubes and wiping down benches. :hmmm:
    Who knows, perhaps your washed test tubes will have a Penicillin-style mishap and produce a breakthrough? :p:

Not to imply that you're bad at cleaning test tubes or anything. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Well, lots of lawyers are evil money grabbing *******s. :p:. I hope to be able to avoid becoming one though. I have a feeling I might end up wroking for a big City firm for a few years just to earn a bit of money first before I move into working on stuff that's more worthwhile. Not that all of the big City firms are evil, Hogan Lovells have a big pro bono department, but I get the impression that a big part of their business comes from helping rich people get richer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Well, lots of lawyers are evil money grabbing *******s. :p:. I hope to be able to avoid becoming one though. I have a feeling I might end up wroking for a big City firm for a few years just to earn a bit of money first before I move into working on stuff that's more worthwhile. Not that all of the big City firms are evil, Hogan Lovells have a big pro bono department, but I get the impression that a big part of their business comes from helping rich people get richer.
    Good plan And the phrase pro bono always makes me giggle </childishness>

SJA? Uniform sounds exciting. :p:

Who knows, perhaps your washed test tubes will have a Penicillin-style mishap and produce a breakthrough? :p:

Not to imply that you're bad at cleaning test tubes or anything. :ninja:
    SJA = St. John's Ambulance. And I doubt it, the glasswash is all done in automated machines :p: I'm making it sound worse than it is tbh. The basic role is just very basic technical support like equipment maintenance and sterilization and lab housekeeping and so on, but after the basic bits are done, I'm free to interact with the researchers and offer them any services I can, so I can assist in bits of the research possibly. The other part time job I've applied for at UCL is a bit more interesting though, so fingers crossed for that one hehe.

I could post some. Okay, let me just get them on my computer.. but they are of crap quality because my phone just sucks (it's a 6300 Nokia, so old).

And the best thing is: his voice is the same as the voice in the videos. :love:
    Matthew Belamy is hot. Seriously. I'd go bisexual for him. :p:
    (you got msn?)
    I dunno, Matt Bellamy has had his hot moments, but a lot of the time not so much. Much more so when he had funky hair Also, Muse have lost a lot of my interest. I loved Showbiz and OoS, Absolution was good, BHaR went a bit downhill but was still enjoyable, and this last album has done absolutely nothing for me.

ReputationRep:
    'Cos it's like boner? *Snigger*

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, Matt Bellamy has had his hot moments, but a lot of the time not so much. Much more so when he had funky hair Also, Muse have lost a lot of my interest. I loved Showbiz and OoS, Absolution was good, BHaR went a bit downhill but was still enjoyable, and this last album has done absolutely nothing for me.
    Whoops, forgot an l in his name. Now I figured out what looked wrong in my sentence. :p:

I still didn't have the chance to listen into their last album, but I loved every other one of them. And I'm in love with his voice. And it's a shame that they didn't play Unintended.
    And it's okay if Muse has lost a lot of your interest.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, people here again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Inorite? lolroflmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Well I am definitely pro boner. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.