Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Rathergood, thanks.
    Just reading and stuff.
    What are you up to?
    Currently reading a thirty year-old act of Parliament. It's an odd first, I have to say. I'm also eating B&Js.
    Yes, that should be Ben and Jerrys, but I enjoy the childish humour.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, bloody rain. I have to go to Brasenose, I don't want to get wet

ReputationRep:
    What is with the weather? It was rain of Biblical proportions less than an hour ago, and now it's hot and sunny >< This makes it harder to choose clothes ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a random opera binge at the moment. 'tis fun.

ReputationRep:
    Hey peeps! I can't remember if I've ever actually posted in here before. Hmm. I'm Lauren and I'm 23. How goes it?

ReputationRep:
    So it turns out the not-out guy I went on a date with a while back (nothing came of it, we haven't really talked since) won the same essay competition this year that I won last year. It is clearly a sign that we should be together. :yep:

(Original post by Laertes)
    Currently reading a thirty year-old act of Parliament. It's an odd first, I have to say. I'm also eating B&Js.
    Yes, that should be Ben and Jerrys, but I enjoy the childish humour.
    Which act? Which flavour? I went to their factory. :cool:

(Original post by sweetnesspink)
    Hey peeps! I can't remember if I've ever actually posted in here before. Hmm. I'm Lauren and I'm 23. How goes it?
    Hi Lauren. 10 points for the phrase "how goes it". How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hi Lauren. 10 points for the phrase "how goes it". How are you?
    It's a good phrase

I'm alright. Just lazing around. I have a job interview tomorrow which I probably should be preparing for but instead I'm wasting time on TSR!

There don't seem to be many girls round these parts (LGBT Soc, not TSR in general!).

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Which act? Which flavour? I went to their factory. :cool:
    Representation of the People Act 1981.
    Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I prefer Half-Baked.

ReputationRep:
    Karamel Sutra was always my BJ of choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    It's a good phrase

I'm alright. Just lazing around. I have a job interview tomorrow which I probably should be preparing for but instead I'm wasting time on TSR!

There don't seem to be many girls round these parts (LGBT Soc, not TSR in general!).

How are you?
    Wie geht's? Comment ca va? All the other languages have copied you. :yep:

What's the job interview for? Good luck!

And yeah, we seem to alternate a bit with girls or guys* dominating here, but the guys seem to hang out more often.

I'm good; freedom is fun. Not been doing much recently, going clubbing this evening (which won't be amazing, but will make a change), and off to Amsterdam/Berlin on Thursday.

*As far as I know, we don't have any regulars who don't identify as either.

Representation of the People Act 1981.
    Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I prefer Half-Baked.
    That's the one mentioned on the top of polling cards. :cool: Is it interesting?

Both those varieties are excellent. I am legally bound to say that Cookie Dough is the best, although occasionally it is (don't shoot me) too sweet even for me. It's all good, though.

ReputationRep:
    That's the one mentioned on the top of polling cards. :cool: Is it interesting?
    Depends on how you define interesting.
    It was passed after Bobby Sands was elected MP of Fermanagh and South Tyrone. It's not my favourite piece of legislation, let's say.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how you define interesting.
    It was passed after Bobby Sands was elected MP of Fermanagh and South Tyrone. It's not my favourite piece of legislation, let's say.
    How come you reading it?

ReputationRep:
    How come you reading it?
    My brother randomly asked me if I'd read it. Obviously, I said no. Then, I figured I actually might as well go and read it.

ReputationRep:
    Do we have a Manchester meet date yet?

:lurk:

ReputationRep:
    My brother randomly asked me if I'd read it. Obviously, I said no. Then, I figured I actually might as well go and read it.
    Fair enough. Find the act that made gayz legal for happier reading?

(Original post by Spacecam)

See the other thread, can't be bothered to link. It's the middle weekend in July, unless we suddenly have loads of objections, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)

I think 17/18 July was agreed upon. Still need to actually get a list of people who are going to come. Yes, yes, I know.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I have a date for my Leavers' Ball. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I have a date for my Leavers' Ball. :woo:
    Yay! *

Pics or it didn't happen.

*unless it's a female friend, in which case you're kinda fulfilling a massive cliche there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Yay! *

Pics or it didn't happen.

*unless it's a female friend, in which case you're kinda fulfilling a massive cliche there :p:
    I'm going with a female friend to her ball (she asked me, and I suppose it's a fairly easy way to get a date you're sure won't hit on you), but this one's a guy.

ReputationRep:
    :dance:
    hey guys .. and girls, although not enough girls.
    what's everyone up to this wonderful.. tuesday..?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.