Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Co-op is bloody expensive for branded items! In fact their own brand isn't up to much either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    There's one in Cheadle Hulme, which is close-ish but that's only because Cheadle Hulme is a posh area full of footballers.

My nearest one is Newcastle, although there used to be one in Durham but it shut. Waitrose is actually not too bad price-wise, (cheaper than M&S!) as long as you steer clear of the ridiculous.
    **** if I'm going trekking out to Cheadle for Waitrose, the last time I went there was for John Lewis before they opened one in the Trafford Centre (:love: John Lewis)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    **** if I'm going trekking out to Cheadle for Waitrose, the last time I went there was for John Lewis before they opened one in the Trafford Centre (:love: John Lewis)
    *goes to Waitrose branch finder*

*keys in "Manchester"*

Closest ones are Chealdle Hulme and Altrincham :yes:. You can hop on the tram to Altrincham if you're really desperate :p:

There's actually a Waitrose not too far from my hotel in London. I might pay it a visit. Although apparently the John Lewis foodhall on Oxford Street (which is actually a souped-up Waitrose) is supposed to be really good too.

ReputationRep:
    I like the plain Vanilla New York Cheese Cakes nom nom

ReputationRep:
    chocolate or plain cheesecakes for me.

Dammit, I want cheesecake now! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:

*keys in "Manchester"*

Closest ones are Chealdle Hulme and Altrincham :yes:. You can hop on the tram to Altrincham if you're really desperate :p:

There's actually a Waitrose not too far from my hotel in London. I might pay it a visit. Although apparently the John Lewis foodhall on Oxford Street (which is actually a souped-up Waitrose) is supposed to be really good too.
    I'll stick with Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind paying a little extra for food if it is going to taste nice. M&S has a few nice things, but overall I find them disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    ewwwww, food!

It's my first time at a St John thing 2moro, hopefully it'll be good!

ReputationRep:
    Badda Bing Badda Boom.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, no food talk >< I eat far too much.

ReputationRep:
    10 hours without a post? :eek: Is there some secret orgy I'm missing out on? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Urrgh. I got all depressed and upset last night and ended up not getting to sleep. Didn't hear my alarm. Missed my meeting and my lecture.

ReputationRep:
    Meet people: just found this video on Youtube. (it somehow appeared in my reccommended for you page :s:) I believe the actual point we are meeting is the wide flat bit at about 1:30.

ReputationRep:
    Lost is out today

And I'm having pancakes after dinner! And I don't have a deadline for... (checks google calendar) 10 days! But then, to be fair, I have 4 deadlines in a week. But anyway - tonight will be good!

ReputationRep:
    :tea:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Waitrose is owned by John Lewis:yep: I should know, I used to work at a John Lewis here in London (John Lewis staff discount:coma:).

*keys in "Manchester"*

I USED TO LIVE IN ALTRINCHAM:woo:

Not sure why I got excited, Altrincham is a ****hole

Also John Lewis Ox St foodhall is well nice. Especially at Xmas time :coma:

ReputationRep:
    When I get a new laptop (which wont be for a few years as this one is less than a year old and I have extended the warranty for it), I might make the effort and go to John Lewis, as I believe they do a 5 year guarantee as standard on electicals.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaah, I have a hair appointment booked for tomorrow, and I have no idea what I want done. This is always the way it goes. I have 23 hours to decide...

ReputationRep:
    I've been after this one hairdo for a while now.

My ex has decided that she's off out to get something really similar tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, last night was weird. I'd probably get banned if I gave you the details. :p:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.