Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    Well, my girlfriend and I broke up. :/ Mostly it was because neither of us wanted to do a long distance thing, but there were a few other reasons as well.
    Awww... *cuddles*

I'm sorry yeah long distance can be rough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Also: My lecture this evening served to do nothing more than make me very angry :mad: Specifically at the weapons' grade **** ends that oppose GM crops, and wasted billions of pounds worth of research and development, and set us way back in the fight against crop disease and even human disease
    Some people just can't be reasoned with. I find that most of those who oppose GM are people with a warped view on the subject, often accompanied with a degree of wilfully ignorance. Society as a whole doesn't need such people (wilfully ignorant), to entertain their opinions is to pull us back into the cave our ancestors are said to have come from.
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Argh, the internet is not good for my rage this evening. First off, a blog on LadsLads. Stereotypically "good looking" guy posts a blog about how he got his kicks recently by finding a "ugly, fat, desperate, pathetic" guy, flirted with him, lead him on and then laughed when the guy spent a load of money traveling to visit him, only to be stood up. It could well have been a troll/attention seeking blog, but regardless I know too many gays with *****y attitudes like that, and they seriously make me want to punch them.

Then someone negged me on here with the comment "You're clearly not a real man" because I said I didn't care about football or the world cup. I don't so much care about the neg rep or the comment, just the attitude that many people in that thread shared that if you don't like football or sports or whatever then you're gay/a nancy boy/a woman/etc.

Grr, people piss me off. </rant>
    A guy that gets his entertainment from the misery of other's, shows you how much their own life must suck. Genuinely likeable, popular, and happy people really don't need to behave deleterious way to have an impact on the world. I really think people like you've described do want to make an impact on the world, even if a negative one, it's how they get the sense of power that their real life is missing. Or perhaps even to give people a reason to hate them as often they themselves were victims of random hate and did not see any reason for it so make one.

We've all probably meet dozens of them, they are the people who make fun of disfigurements, troll post, make prank phone calls, standing people up and neg anyone who disagrees with them. Luckily most grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    This thread moves so fast!

I really wish the weather would start improving I want to go outside and laze around in parks. Instead I'm stuck looking at rain and puddles. Bah.

I hate waiting to hear back after a job interview. *bites knuckles*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)

On another note: I feel so unloved. :cry: :c
    Oh well, I shouldn't give a ****. But it just gets to me sometimes. :emo:

But how were your days, gays?
    what's up?

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I have no more exams. YAAYY!!! :woo:
    Words cannot suitably express my joy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    what's up?

I don't really want a girlfriend, but I miss having one. Just someone to cuddle with, spend some time with, share my thoughts and opinions, etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I have no more exams. YAAYY!!! :woo:
    Words cannot suitably express my joy.
    It gets boring without anything to do though... I finished on Monday and I haven't accomplished anything noteworthy since. :c
    A little bored, but hopefully I'll go look for work... maybe tomorrow. >.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    It gets boring without anything to do though... I finished on Monday and I haven't accomplished anything noteworthy since. :c
    A little bored, but hopefully I'll go look for work... maybe tomorrow. >.>
    Yeah, I'm only really happy because now I don't have to pretend to revise and it means I can go back to doing nothing noteworthy at school. Home is boring; so is study-leave.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want a girlfriend, but I miss having one. Just someone to cuddle with, spend some time with, share my thoughts and opinions, etc..

(nohetero):pinch:
    What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Yeah, I'm only really happy because now I don't have to pretend to revise and it means I can go back to doing nothing noteworthy at school. Home is boring; so is study-leave.
    I do that too - pretend to revise.
    I should probably take up reading again. And my parents are complaining about me again.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays! Everyone finished exams yet?

Have just discovered a gym with lots of nice things to look at in the city centre. Nom nom nom..... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (nohetero)

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm perfect room just come up in Limehouse. Wonder if it's still available...

ReputationRep:
    (nohetero):pinch:
    What's up?
    :awesome:

It's warm here. We peaked 31°C today. -.- So I'm chilling inside with the AC. And you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C2H5OH)
    So do I I'll be staying on a friend's sofa all summer otherwise...
    have you tried flatshare.com? I've been offered a few places on there. None suitable for me but if you're not too particular about the area then i reckon you could find something same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    Hey gays! Everyone finished exams yet?

Have just discovered a gym with lots of nice things to look at in the city centre. Nom nom nom..... :sexface:
    I haven't started yet. I finish two weeks tomorrow... So I'm supposedly revising now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    have you tried flatshare.com? I've been offered a few places on there. None suitable for me but if you're not too particular about the area then i reckon you could find something same day
    I have done... I'm just trying to find somewhere in a slightly better location, because I've been so spoilt this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C2H5OH)
    I have done... I'm just trying to find somewhere in a slightly better location, because I've been so spoilt this year...
    snob :p: theres a few places going at canary wharf on there, depends on your budget really

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

It's warm here. We peaked 31°C today. -.- So I'm chilling inside with the AC. And you?
    xD
    I don't know how hot it is, probably quite cool. Well inside is comfortable. :3

ReputationRep:
    xD
    I don't know how hot it is, probably quite cool. Well inside is comfortable. :3
    Lucky you! I'm living under the roof. Imagine. Sauna. :emo:

Will try to write a short story or some kinda songtext now. I feel a little inspired by whatever. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.