Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    Awww... Congrats! ^-^
    My turn next year! ;P

On a totally unrelated note, I just found out James Randi is gay! xD That's awesome and cool and everything! :33333
    Ah I'm still terrified about going to uni in central London. The prospect of doing so seems daunting. :cry: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    Ah I'm still terrified about going to uni in central London. The prospect of doing so seems daunting. :cry: :cry:
    It'll be great ^^

Gah, revision is not proceeding as rapidly as I'd hoped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    It'll be great ^^

Ah how can you be so sure :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Ah how can you be so sure :unsure:
    Because everyone I know has had an amazing time at uni, and it's generally a very small minority that don't enjoy their time there or don't get a lot out of it. As for being in Central London, that doesn't really significantly change the experience, beyond the fact that you'll be living in a big city, which from my perspective is a great thing.

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone I know has had an amazing time at uni, and it's generally a very small minority that don't enjoy their time there or don't get a lot out of it. As for being in Central London, that doesn't really significantly change the experience, beyond the fact that you'll be living in a big city, which from my perspective is a great thing.
    This.

Btw, have you read The God Delusion by Dawkins yet?

I get a little embarrassed at the fact that I am planning ten years ahead of my life. I'm so anti-spontaneous when it comes to that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Snap. So far its been a mixture of work, volunteering and taking guilty cheap holiday breaks here and there. I've been working my way through all the European capitals with a few mates. You?

Time has flown by and I've just realised how sad I am, having just bought a few books for Uni already. I bugged a mate who is doing philosophy at Nottingham to find out what his politics mates have to read in year 1 ect. There are some topics that are always core reading, never going to change like in political ideology (Mill, Hobbes, Machiavelli ect). Don't judge me though, I like to plan ahead but when it comes to the actual essay's procrastination is my middle name lol.
    haha that sounds like a pretty productive gap year! I worked for half of it and then had a little adventure in the middle east lol.

No judging here! My friend from my year at college went straight to Notts to do Politics so i've literally found out everything I could get off her about the course lol! Read The Prince and the art of war but other than that...well I have the rest of Summer What accommodation have you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    This.

Btw, have you read The God Delusion by Dawkins yet?

I get a little embarrassed at the fact that I am planning ten years ahead of my life. I'm so anti-spontaneous when it comes to that. :rolleyes:
    Aye. Whilst I thought it was a good book, I can't help but think I really prefer reading Dawkins when he's doing science writing to when he does philosophical/theological stuff. I loved Blind Watchmaker, one of my favourite books ^^

ReputationRep:
    Aye. Whilst I thought it was a good book, I can't help but think I really prefer reading Dawkins when he's doing science writing to when he does philosophical/theological stuff. I loved Blind Watchmaker, one of my favourite books ^^
    Aah, I still have a lot of reading to do...
    I'd love to read outside, but the weather is **** again.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone :erm:

ReputationRep:
    It'll be cool!

And pretty expensive!
    *nuzzle*

ReputationRep:
    Hello gays!

I just worked my first Sunday since 2007! Crazy stuff.

I'm going to see The Runaways tonight. I'm extremely excited. There are rumours that Kristen Stewart might be there because it's the European Premiere but I doubt she actually will be. The cinema staff said that Joan Jett might be there though... meep!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys *waves* Am I allowed to post here? Im still kinda new to TSR and not really sure if you have to be a member of this society to post here?

Oh and KiraMayz im sure you will love uni. my friend goes to uni in central uni and shes loving it Though I know how you feel im kinda scared my self for starting uni in september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorrowfulfaerie)
    Hey guys *waves* Am I allowed to post here? Im still kinda new to TSR and not really sure if you have to be a member of this society to post here?

Oh and KiraMayz im sure you will love uni. my friend goes to uni in central uni and shes loving it Though I know how you feel im kinda scared my self for starting uni in september.
    Welcome! :wavey: You don't have to join the soc to post here. Make yourself at home, tell us about yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome! :wavey: You don't have to join the soc to post here. Make yourself at home, tell us about yourself!
    Thank you um i dunn what to say about myself:P im useless at introducing myself. um im 19, going to uni in september and have a beautiful amazing girl friend even though our relationship is a bit tense at the moment.. *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    Thank you um i dunn what to say about myself:P im useless at introducing myself. um im 19, going to uni in september and have a beautiful amazing girl friend even though our relationship is a bit tense at the moment.. *sighs*
    Hello, i'm Laura (I'm new here too and still figuring myself out tbh )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    Hello, i'm Laura (I'm new here too and still figuring myself out tbh )

Hey Im Bridget Nice to meet someone else new. This site can be a little confuzzling How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm Lauren, I'm 23 and I'm going to Glasgow Uni in September!

Welcome

ReputationRep:
    Hey Im Bridget Nice to meet someone else new. This site can be a little confuzzling How are you?
    whoops, sorry I meant new to this thread (well kinda new :p:)

I'm a bit of a veteran when it comes to TSR tbh so if you need any help..

I'm confused as regards to myself though but i am slowly coming to accept things :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    whoops, sorry I meant new to this thread (well kinda new :p:)

I'm a bit of a veteran when it comes to TSR tbh so if you need any help..

I'm confused as regards to myself though but i am slowly coming to accept things :o:

Hehe well i'm new to both. Iv been out as a lesbian to my friends for about 2-3 years and to my parents for 6 months (I didnt tell my parents my girlfriend did:P, if it was up to me they still wouldn't know) My mother hasn't treated me the same since she found out *sighs* It amazes me that someone can be so close minded that they would risk losing their daughter because of who she loves. Well you can talk to me anytime I know how it feels to be confused in regards to myself. Took me 5 years to admit I was gay.

Thank you for your offer for help If i get confuzzled about anything else il pm you.

ReputationRep:
    Heey! :hello:
    Welcome! To which uni are you going?

I know where I will go now... dinner! Some Mexican bar. Maybe I will get drunk. But I'll have a nice hamburger..

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.