The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6260
Gesar
Are people going to go?

I'll probably go to London Pride with QYN people, since that gets me in the parade itself. I'm going to a girl's leavers' ball in the evening, so no clubbing for me. :frown: Brighton Pride is somewhere in August, not sure if I'll be around. Otherwise I don't know.
Gesar
Are people going to go?

Well I didn't go to Oxford Pride because I was ill, had work to do and was generally being rubbish. Birmingham Pride was a few weeks ago too so I've missed that too. Guess I'm just gonna have to show my pride the old fashioned way: listening to showtunes and generally being fabulous. :p:
Reply 6262
Gesar
Are people going to go?

There is a very slim chance I'll go to Manchester Pride.
Reply 6263
icysquall
Well I didn't go to Oxford Pride because I was ill, had work to do and was generally being rubbish. Birmingham Pride was a few weeks ago too so I've missed that too. Guess I'm just gonna have to show my pride the old fashioned way: listening to showtunes and generally being fabulous. :p:

Oxford has a pride?! Cambridge really is awful at LGBT things it seems. (And Queens' has an inactive LGBT rep for the third year in a row now as well...)
Reformed2010
Yeah it has been awesome to be honest. But I'm slowly falling back down to reality, only three months to go now. I would swap all my city breaks for a middle east holiday any day! What country/countries did you visit? I would like to visit Egypt and Israel personally. My friend went to Egypt for two weeks and another to different African countries. I need to explore more!

I'm actually in the middle of re-reading The Prince. Love it. Oh and I've got a place at Derby Hall. Have you got eyes on any societies? I'm guessing LGBT society may be on of them?

haha noo I bet you visited more places than me! I only went to the UAE, Qatar, Dubai. Was certainly an adventure! Despite my visiting the Middle East, i've never been to Paris and that's only a train ride away!

When you say you love The Prince you're being sarcastic right :p: I died after the first page haha! I want to join to many societies! At the moment i've got it down to: Politics (naturally), Impact, URN, VegSoc, PhotographySoc, Labour Soc, Hide&Seek soc. Blimey. Need to narrow it down to three at the most! How about you?
sorrowfulfaerie
:hugs: do you have any gay or sypathetic friends you can talk to? Talking to people does help. I didnt really have anyone to talk to till after i came out... turns out i knew several people who were gay but hadnt came out either, or people who thought they might be.

My girlfriend told my mother when i was upstaires alseep and they were talking about me... my mother asked if i was in a relationship with her so my gf said yes... I think my mother tried to be ok with it but failed miseably. my gf now refuses to go round my house because my mother was so horrable to her and it hard for me to live with.

As i said you can talk to me anytime. :smile:

oh no that sounds like a horrible situation poor you and your gf :frown:

:hugs:

ohhhh my dayys I almost came out tonight to my SJA divisional officer. Turns out he's gay and I was a bit surprised and he asked if i was homophobic and i was like :gasp: NO! it would be wrong if i was homophobic! and he went 'why? with a weird kinda knowing look on his face. I tried to hide it but i think I made it kinda obvious by trying to hide it.

I feel so weird yet so relieved tht i may finally have a felow homo to talk too :colondollar: :s-smilie: :frown:
veggie4life
haha noo I bet you visited more places than me! I only went to the UAE, Qatar, Dubai. Was certainly an adventure! Despite my visiting the Middle East, i've never been to Paris and that's only a train ride away!

When you say you love The Prince you're being sarcastic right :p: I died after the first page haha! I want to join to many societies! At the moment i've got it down to: Politics (naturally), Impact, URN, VegSoc, PhotographySoc, Labour Soc, Hide&Seek soc. Blimey. Need to narrow it down to three at the most! How about you?
Ha I've got friends like that. You been Sydney? yeah. Visited a British city apart from London? nooo. Can't blame them though lol. Forgot about those three countries, was it a cultural-political-spiritual trip? (hoping you've seen the infamous gap yah video lol) or simply sun, beach and sea fun holiday?

I'm going for Politics, LGBT, Labour, NUTS, URN and Dance (street) societies. Some how I've talked myself out of joining Impact! So how come your not joining the LGBT? If there is a good reason fill me in, I don't want any nasty surprises lol . . . :s-smilie:

Oh and The Prince? of course, my old tutor has guilt tripped me to 're-engage my political mind'. His so . . . :rolleyes:
Cool Cat
oh no that sounds like a horrible situation poor you and your gf :frown:

ohhhh my dayys I almost came out tonight to my SJA divisional officer. Turns out he's gay and I was a bit surprised and he asked if i was homophobic and i was like :gasp: NO! it would be wrong if i was homophobic! and he went 'why? with a weird kinda knowing look on his face. I tried to hide it but i think I made it kinda obvious by trying to hide it.

I feel so weird yet so relieved tht i may finally have a felow homo to talk too :colondollar: :s-smilie: :frown:

Not the best situation but meh I am moving awway soon so its not forever.

Yay for having a fellow homo to talk to!!! What an SJA divisional officer? Even if he has guessed I doubt he would do anything about it *hugs*

Oh and the cats thst are in your pic are they yours? their adorable:smile:
I have a new game to be addicted to on Facebook ¬_¬ watch my already-dwindling social skills vanish over the course of the summer :biggrin:
sorrowfulfaerie
Not the best situation but meh I am moving awway soon so its not forever.

Yay for having a fellow homo to talk to!!! What an SJA divisional officer? Even if he has guessed I doubt he would do anything about it *hugs*

Oh and the cats thst are in your pic are they yours? their adorable:smile:

St. John ambulance Divisonal officer= (well in the case of my division) the one under the superintendent.

nope they're not my cats but I do have a verrrrrry gorgeous cat of my own. She's gorgeoussss, my little Jess :love: :emog:
Cool Cat
St. John ambulance Divisonal officer= (well in the case of my division) the one under the superintendent.

nope they're not my cats but I do have a verrrrrry gorgeous cat of my own. She's gorgeoussss, my little Jess :love: :emog:

oh ok:smile:

What type of cat is it? I have a little tabby cat of my own to he is extremly handsome:biggrin: i <3 cats:P
Urgh, dull, boring day. Is it bad that I've only had it two days and I'm already tired of my job? :p:
Ataloss

Good to hear you good. :yep:

Yes. I am good thanks. Just a little hot today ... God, it's boiling!
Lord Hysteria
Yes. I am good thanks. Just a little hot today ... God, it's boiling!

I know, it's awful. I've been stuck inside all day too because I'm waiting for a plumber. The bastard hasn't even turned up!.
It has been far too hot. Defrosting the -80 freezers was a welcome task!
ah I just ****** up my final maths exam :cry: :frown:
i wish i could make my ice cubes clear instead of frosty white...
veggie4life
i wish i could make my ice cubes clear instead of frosty white...

Oh hello there :hugs:

Just looked at my emails and I received one from a certain McDonald on facebook. I'm good thank you. Just sitting around, reading some economic stuff. You must be happy the Lib Dems got into Parliament. They're really being taken seriously, unlike before.
icysquall
I know, it's awful. I've been stuck inside all day too because I'm waiting for a plumber. The bastard hasn't even turned up!.

Grrrr. I like Autumn weather. I get to wear nice cools coats ... I like the rain and the wind.
Lord Hysteria
Grrrr. I like Autumn weather. I get to wear nice cools coats ... I like the rain and the wind.

I'm definitely an Autumn/Winter person too. I'm with you on the love for coats, they're one of the best bits about cold weather (also, how gay am I, basing my love for a season on the wardrobe possibilities?).

Latest