OMG SUPER NERD. :p:

Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Well done Daniel ^^
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    OMG SUPER NERD. :p:

Congrats
    Even more thankyous. You people are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Even more thankyous. You people are awesome.
    Thank god you're not applying for medicine, don't need that competition haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Thank god you're not applying for medicine, don't need that competition haha :p:
    Nah, medicine's not for me. Too much real-world stuff. :p:

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Thank you all for the lovely kind words.

G'night, gays.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: 45! :woo:

Still can't quite believe it.
    Well done (though slightly belatedly, apparently)!

It's a shame Oxford didn't want you - MathsPhil's quite a competitive course, cause everyone who applies to it is insanely intelligent; the three in my college doing it are scarily clever (the one who did IB also got 45). I'm sure you'll love Edinburgh - it was so beautiful when I went on the open day!

ReputationRep:
    Morning, gays. How are you all today? I am off to Zante this evening, because I am such a lad. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Bezzler)
    Well done (though slightly belatedly, apparently)!

It's a shame Oxford didn't want you - MathsPhil's quite a competitive course, cause everyone who applies to it is insanely intelligent; the three in my college doing it are scarily clever (the one who did IB also got 45). I'm sure you'll love Edinburgh - it was so beautiful when I went on the open day!
    I'll be reapplying to Oxford this year, I think, although St Andrews/Edinburgh would still have been good. Time to brush up on my maths interview practice...

ReputationRep:
    So I just went on Blackboard, and it turns out that I failed my philosophy modult by a grand total of 1 mark. One ******* mark. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    So I just went on Blackboard, and it turns out that I failed my philosophy modult by a grand total of 1 mark. One ******* mark. :sad:
    Awww...

Next time darlin', next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I hate it when that happens. :sad: :hugs:

I'm kinda losing all interest in German girls. :rolleyes: (Not that I had a lot interest in them in the first place)
    Did you guys ever experience not having interest in guys/girls born in your country?

Oh, and Germany vs Spain tomorrow. I'm so excited! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    What are you doing at Imperial then?

Have you switched course?
    I have no idea
    I'll be doing anything except electrical engineering(I am quite sure I will hate it).
    After talking to people/searching around loads I'm torn between physics and aeronautical(and medicine but I havn't done the BMAT and didn't take chemistry so forget that).
    I've promised myself to decide today and I think I will ask to change to aeronautical.
    Have you decided?

EDIT:
    Morning, gays. How are you all today? I am off to Zante this evening, because I am such a lad. :rolleyes:
    What is it with everyone going to Greece(I'm not complaining, I'm just jealous)? I now know at least 30 people(yes I just counted) who are going there!
    Enjoy yourself! Everyone I know is loving it.

ReputationRep:
    Gay lad :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask when you found out that u were gay , did you go to gay bars and clubs on your own? if not how did u make gay friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unperfect)
    I have no idea
    I'll be doing anything except electrical engineering(I am quite sure I will hate it).
    After talking to people/searching around loads I'm torn between physics and aeronautical(and medicine but I havn't done the BMAT and didn't take chemistry so forget that).
    I've promised myself to decide today and I think I will ask to change to aeronautical.
    Have you decided?
    I'm gonna ask to switch to aeronautical engineering. Haven't yet emailed the undergraduate admissions tutor for aero eng though.

I'm kinda nervous now, because my further maths a-level went badly :cry: :emo:. Don't really know what to do. I don't get my results until late august :unsure:

Oh, and well done on your IB performance. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    I'm gonna ask to switch to aeronautical engineering. Haven't yet emailed the undergraduate admissions tutor for aero eng though.

I'm kinda nervous now, because my further maths a-level went badly :cry: :emo:. Don't really know what to do. I don't get my results until late august :unsure:

Oh, and well done on your IB performance. :woo:
    OMG... :jumphug:
    Don''t get down doll. :o:

ReputationRep:

I'll be reapplying to Oxford this year, I think, although St Andrews/Edinburgh would still have been good. Time to brush up on my maths interview practice...
    Have fun in Zante, and good luck with your re-application then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TickTackToe)
    Can i ask when you found out that u were gay , did you go to gay bars and clubs on your own? if not how did u make gay friends?
    I had friends who came out before me. In fact most of my friends are LGB and if they aren't then they are 'friends of the community' so luckily I had a lot of people to go out clubbing with.

Maybe investigate LGBT Youth in your area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)

This, my dear, is Gina Carano!

I already owe myself a new laptop for the exact same reason. I'm sorry. :p:
    Bloody hell. Wowzers. I've just googled her, she can come and kick my ass any day! I have a riduculously harsh rating system, so I'm told, but she is by far at least a 9!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    I hate it when that happens. :sad: :hugs:

I'm kinda losing all interest in German girls. :rolleyes: (Not that I had a lot interest in them in the first place)
    Did you guys ever experience not having interest in guys/girls born in your country?

Oh, and Germany vs Spain tomorrow. I'm so excited! :p:
    I LOVE German girls, my first encounters were all German, and I find the culture so much more accepting and friendly (contrary to popular belief).
    Now if you're talking own country then yes haha - there are some nice English people, but basically 99% of my experience if with chinese lasses Can't get enough haha.

And yes DEUTSCHLAND! (Especially as I have money on them winning, that octopus better be wrong).
    (Original post by Unperfect)
    I have no idea
    Have you decided?
    Hey mate, we've all been through the oh no what do I do with my life?!? Some with better resolution than others.

Firstly what subjects do you like? Like the ones you genuinely enjoy - e.g. some people genuinely enjoy maths, love it find it easy. Others love history and prefer essays etc.

Secondly, do you have any inkling of what you want to do in the future - or at least what you do NOT want to do? Also factor in lifestyle/working hours.
    Even if it only boils down to engineering there's so much variety in what you could end up doing - could be very office based, could be very much out and practical, could just use it as a degree and do something completely different?

You sorta have to go through a checklist and funnel things out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meow7)
    Bloody hell. Wowzers. I've just googled her, she can come and kick my ass any day! I have a riduculously harsh rating system, so I'm told, but she is by far at least a 9!
    Lol I asked her who that was too ! She's probably sick of it, should probably put the name in the signature.

Even though she's not, she's very similar to the hot girls I always seem to end up liking that turn out to be lesbians.

Good for you though haha x

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.