Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need love.

I've always been single. Never had a serious relationship (when I was younger I thought it was because I was shy... it was really just because I was gay!). I really want to meet a nice like-minded girl.

Bah!

ReputationRep:
    Threatening people and calling them homophobic names gets you a caution these days.

I wonder if the outcome would be the same if I'd been black and she'd called me a ******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Threatening people and calling them homophobic names gets you a caution these days.

I wonder if the outcome would be the same if I'd been black and she'd called me a ******.
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    What happened?
    In all honesty, I can't be bothered to explain it. My prick neighbour called me a ******* dyke and a pussy licking c... and threatened me because she was making noise at 1 o clock in the morning and i told her to shut up.

She got a caution.

Next time I'm not gonna be so nice as to let the police deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    I need love.

I've always been single. Never had a serious relationship (when I was younger I thought it was because I was shy... it was really just because I was gay!). I really want to meet a nice like-minded girl.

Bah!
    Maybe there are some in Glasgow.

So excited! 4 hours left. Going to the city now. :yep: See ya tonight! Hopefully after being victorious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urkel)
    Hey guys,

I have a really dumb question to ask. :rolleyes:

To those of you at university, what does the LGBTQ society do? Would you recommend joining or is it nothing special?

Thanks
    Heya!

This is the perfect opportunity for me to link this to you:

http://www.gaybydegree.org.uk/univer...niversity.html

It's Stonewall's "Gay" University Guide basically Gives you information on what all the different LGBT associations of the countries do. However, as someone who's very involved in Leicester's LGBT committee, I can tell you now that a lot of the information is not correct... although it's no lie that Leicester's LGBT needs a lot of things fixed, too

Anyway, some universities have great societies, some have crappy societies. The good ones manage to find a good mix between socials, events, and campaigning, whilst also keeping a diverse range of the above three.

I'd definitely recommend joining it. Push all your preconceptions of gay people and LGBT scenes aside and meet as many people as you can there. Unfortunately, you will find cliques and the like, but it's only normal - everyone may be gay, but everyone still has different interests. You'll get geeks and queens and the "LOL i am way too cool and/or straight acting to hang out with any of these people :rolleyes:" types - sometimes

However... in some cases you will meet all your gay friends via halls and freshers' events etc. I met all my gay friends in halls, and they didn't have any interest in joining the LGBT (they each had their reasons, mind you), whilst I really went for it as I love the LGBT scene and the community in general. I know a bunch of other 'groups' of gay/lesbian mates who met outside the society and just don't feel the need to mingle within it.

Lol, essay - hoped that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Heya!

This is the perfect opportunity for me to link this to you:

http://www.gaybydegree.org.uk/univer...niversity.html

It's Stonewall's "Gay" University Guide basically Gives you information on what all the different LGBT associations of the countries do. However, as someone who's very involved in Leicester's LGBT committee, I can tell you now that a lot of the information is not correct... although it's no lie that Leicester's LGBT needs a lot of things fixed, too

Anyway, some universities have great societies, some have crappy societies. The good ones manage to find a good mix between socials, events, and campaigning, whilst also keeping a diverse range of the above three.

I'd definitely recommend joining it. Push all your preconceptions of gay people and LGBT scenes aside and meet as many people as you can there. Unfortunately, you will find cliques and the like, but it's only normal - everyone may be gay, but everyone still has different interests. You'll get geeks and queens and the "LOL i am way too cool and/or straight acting to hang out with any of these people :rolleyes:" types - sometimes

However... in some cases you will meet all your gay friends via halls and freshers' events etc. I met all my gay friends in halls, and they didn't have any interest in joining the LGBT (they each had their reasons, mind you), whilst I really went for it as I love the LGBT scene and the community in general. I know a bunch of other 'groups' of gay/lesbian mates who met outside the society and just don't feel the need to mingle within it.

Lol, essay - hoped that helped
    It's not entirely accurate about my uni's LGBT soc, totally neglected to mention that it consists of about 12 members and it does next to nothing :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    It's not entirely accurate about my uni's LGBT soc, totally neglected to mention that it consists of about 12 members and it does next to nothing :p:
    Yeh that's the problem with the guide - I don't know how they compile the information. They somehow managed to get hold of my university's LGBT logo but they never actually directly contacted us?! We don't have it on a website either...

EDIT: Well they do say how they 'compile it' (from available public resources and what they ask of the uni) but I have a feeling they don't actually ask the LGBT committees about it, and ask the SUs instead

ReputationRep:
    They didn't ask our uni LGBT. In fact, they left out the T.

ReputationRep:
    Not even first day of the summer holidays and I'm bored. ****.

ReputationRep:
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    :sad:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    :console:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    ... :love:

Aaaah.. ****!

ReputationRep:
    Ok so the Daily Express is officially staffed by noxious, homophobic *****.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/185617

ReputationRep:
    *facepalm*

That did nothing to help cure the incoherent rage I'm in after following the Seanad debate about the Civil Partnership bill today.

Canada's looking real good right about now. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Morning gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Ok so the Daily Express is officially staffed by noxious, homophobic *****.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/185617
    The article in the Metro was slightly better, but still, the quote from the judge or whatever was a bit sickening. It was something along the lines of "Just as we have to protect the freedom of heterosexual males to drink beer and watch sports, we have to protect the rights of homosexual males to go to Kylie concerts and drink exotic coloured cocktails". :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    The article in the Metro was slightly better, but still, the quote from the judge or whatever was a bit sickening. It was something along the lines of "Just as we have to protect the freedom of heterosexual males to drink beer and watch sports, we have to protect the rights of homosexual males to go to Kylie concerts and drink exotic coloured cocktails". :facepalm:
    Some of the comments on the Daily Mail article make me want to cry and become an axe murderer at the same time. I'm very confused right now.

ReputationRep:
    This judge is a ****.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.