Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I might've well have just woken up :yawn: wasted day

ReputationRep:
    I woke up pretty late too... about 1. I've spent like all of today online, and I really should buy some food for this week, but I really don't mind.
    I'm such a sloth today.

ReputationRep:
    I just broke up with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years (whom I live with).

jxgbkfbkgrhkxsvkrkxhnjsfbldahbor fjfhjodb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    I woke up pretty late too... about 1. I've spent like all of today online, and I really should buy some food for this week, but I really don't mind.
    I'm such a sloth today.
    This has been me for the past two weeks :sad: So if you feel like a sloth, remember that there's someone else out there who's sloth-ier than you!

And I think I may have found an algebra & geometry tutee A bit nervous though, I feel like I'm going to start teaching him then suddenly realise I've forgotten all my geometry... geometry can't be that hard, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

Sorry to hear :hugs: Are you all right? What happens now? Are you going to move out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

:hugs: I'm really sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

:console:
    Sorry to hear that! Please let us know if you're all right!

And I woke up at 6:45 am today (after 2hrs of sleep) and came home two hours ago after having had a very gay day. :p: Slackers.
    Gayness will continue throughout the night with possibly over 800 women in one place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

:hugs: I'm sorry man. I hope the living situation is tolerable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Sorry to hear :hugs: Are you all right? What happens now? Are you going to move out?
    I literally have no idea. For the moment (I.e. Tonight) I am staying with my friends in Camden and he has gone to his dad's.

I'm just numb right now.

And I have an industrial placement. I have to go to work on monday. Might call in sick on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

:console:

Hope you are able to sort things out Paddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    The acting is markedly worse in this series. I've read that Zoe Wanamaker and Robert Lindsay have taken issue with the poor quality of the writing, so that might explain partly why it's so dreadful.
    It's a shame, I really like Robert Lindsay.

Still, Gabriel Thompson is fit and is now my imaginary boyfriend.

I hope my parents watched this episode, might soften the blow when I come out.
    When are you going to tell them? I honestly don't think I could tell my parents. Not because of any particular homophobia, but because we're not close. Watching the huggy 'I love you' scenes in that episode made me cringe on so many levels :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    When are you going to tell them? I honestly don't think I could tell my parents. Not because of any particular homophobia, but because we're not close. Watching the huggy 'I love you' scenes in that episode made me cringe on so many levels :p:
    Well I was intending to tell them at some point this summer, but I don't know if I'll muster up the courage to do it. I know I should, but I'm too much of a coward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    When are you going to tell them? I honestly don't think I could tell my parents. Not because of any particular homophobia, but because we're not close.
    Mine thought I was bi for ages. They seemed more content with it, as the major parental fear of "never having grandkids" seems lessened. I've subtly hinted through conversation that I don't like women, though, and it's never been challenged, so I'm hoping that one day if I'm talking about being gay around them they won't bat an eyelid. Insidious idea-planting FTW. Of course, if I'd had the courage / balls / bravado / whatever to just come out with it, I would've done...

(Original post by paddy)
    I literally have no idea. For the moment (I.e. Tonight) I am staying with my friends in Camden and he has gone to his dad's.

I'm just numb right now.

And I have an industrial placement. I have to go to work on monday. Might call in sick on Monday.
    Do if you need to, but I suggest going to work - will probably be the healthiest thing you can do. And distance is a very good idea in the early stages. Makes things easier on both of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yeah, that's how I feel. It was very awkward half-watching From Dusk 'Til Dawn with my dad, I wasn't really paying attention, and that Salma Hayek scene came on, he was like "why aren't your eyes glued to the screen?!" But I just don't discuss these things with the parentals, and I see no reason to...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, looks like I should be watching My Family. Normally the only time I see it is on British Airways flights. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Gesar)
    That's what made it hard to tell my family; I knew they'd be fine with it (my mum's sister's gay; we're all nice fluffy liberals) but saying "I'm gay" is tantamount to saying "I think about having sex with men", which isn't an area I'd like to go into with family. I ended up telling my mum by text in the end, and got her to tell the rest of the family. :p:

Being away from home already means it's easier just to mention when it comes up rather than making a big thing of it, though, I suppose. Just let 'em know when it's time for the marriage ceremony. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    This has been me for the past two weeks :sad: So if you feel like a sloth, remember that there's someone else out there who's sloth-ier than you!

And I think I may have found an algebra & geometry tutee A bit nervous though, I feel like I'm going to start teaching him then suddenly realise I've forgotten all my geometry... geometry can't be that hard, right?
    Well to be fair the last 3/4 weeks... Although I've tended to get up early and do some excersise, NOT TODAY. D:

Sloth days are fun though... I just eaten nearly a whole packet of Sensations: Thai Sweet Chilli Crisps... :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hmm, looks like I should be watching My Family. Normally the only time I see it is on British Airways flights. :rolleyes:

That's what made it hard to tell my family; I knew they'd be fine with it (my mum's sister's gay; we're all nice fluffy liberals) but saying "I'm gay" is tantamount to saying "I think about having sex with men", which isn't an area I'd like to go into with family. I ended up telling my mum by text in the end, and got her to tell the rest of the family. :p:

Being away from home already means it's easier just to mention when it comes up rather than making a big thing of it, though, I suppose. Just let 'em know when it's time for the marriage ceremony. :yep:
    I just changed my facebook "interested in" status... Half of them know already, the other half were probably told or suspected. Is it just me or does anyone else check the orientation of everyone they friend?
    Well it doesn't matter anyway, My other info on that page says I'm married to some dude and my polictical view is Workers Party of Korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Well I was intending to tell them at some point this summer, but I don't know if I'll muster up the courage to do it. I know I should, but I'm too much of a coward.
    To be honest dude, you don't need to tell them until you are in a serious relationship with a guy. A serious boyfriend is something that is relevant to your family, but the fact that you prefer boys to girls is more or less irrelevant So you're not being a coward - you just genuinely have no incentive to come out!

Is it just me or does anyone else check the orientation of everyone they friend?
    Nah, I do it too, but these days my gaydar is ridiculously efficient and I can almost immediately tell if someone is gay or not. Oh, also, if they don't list it, they'll usually have a bunch of mutual gay friends :yes:

(Original post by paddy)

I'm just numb right now.

Feeling numb is normal, and you'll probably spend the next week kind of coming to terms with it. It's going to be a big thing to adjust to you but you'll be fine - I don't know the details of your breakup, and I don't need to know them, but I am sure it's all for the best Try and go to work though. It'll keep your mind off things. Imagine if you stay home; you'll mope about and constantly think about it!

ReputationRep:
    Watching My Family has reminded me how bad I am at coping with embarassing-situational comedy.

I just changed my facebook "interested in" status... Half of them know already, the other half were probably told or suspected. Is it just me or does anyone else check the orientation of everyone they friend?
    Well it doesn't matter anyway, My other info on that page says I'm married to some dude and my polictical view is Workers Party of Korea.
    I check people's "interested in", but so many people have it set to jokes nowadays that it's not that reliable; when I came out to the world in general, I set my status to "is gay" and spent several days telling people it was serious.

You used to be able to do a search by orientation (among other things) in the good old days... :p:

(Original post by trm90)
    Nah, I do it too, but these days my gaydar is ridiculously efficient and I can almost immediately tell if someone is gay or not. Oh, also, if they don't list it, they'll usually have a bunch of mutual gay friends :yes:
    Can I have your gaydar, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    To be honest dude, you don't need to tell them until you are in a serious relationship with a guy. A serious boyfriend is something that is relevant to your family, but the fact that you prefer boys to girls is more or less irrelevant So you're not being a coward - you just genuinely have no incentive to come out!
    I know, you're probably right. Just part of me hates hiding such a big thing from my parents. At this point, being single and all, coming out basically amounts to me saying 'oh hi, did I mention I like ****?'. Which is just awkward. The less my parents know about my sex life the better.

(Original post by trm90)
    Me too! High five for having epic gaydar! :awesome:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.