Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRaphael)
    Surely you don't need to know how to flirt if you're sorted with a boy? Besides, hopeless flirting can sometimes be hilarious and can form the staple of a comfortable relationship. As long as you don't actually drive men away by talking. That would be a skill (and one I would like to acquire for the creepy ones that don't leave you alone).:woo:

Apocalyptica! I knew there was a link I was missing. Totally agree. :yep:
    Well you never know, might want to pick up a third one day :p: But in all seriousness, my flirting is terrible. I'm shy and not confident, especially when in person, and I can never think of things to say, innuendoes just totally pass me by and I'm apparently completely oblivious to whether someone is flirting with me >< (Which I imagine must be a pretty rare occurrence anyway, not sure why anyone would!)

To give you an example of my inept flirting, when I worked at GSK (big pharmaceutical company), I had a bit of a thing for one of the biochemists I occasionally worked with. One time, I went into his lab to do a few bits and pieces and kinda blurted out "Oh hey Kim, you know, I read that paper you wrote on hyperprolactinaemia following dosing with olanzapine and similar atypical antipsychotics, it was very interesting" >< Fail.

And Apocalyptica, really? :eek: I thought I was the only one who found guys like that hot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    He's encouraging me! And also teaching me, because I'm rubbish at flirting ;_;
    You have a boyfriend? when did this happen? :eek3:
    Flirting is fun.

ReputationRep:
    Well you never know, might want to pick up a third one day :p: But in all seriousness, my flirting is terrible. I'm shy and not confident, especially when in person, and I can never think of things to say, innuendoes just totally pass me by and I'm apparently completely oblivious to whether someone is flirting with me >< (Which I imagine must be a pretty rare occurrence anyway, not sure why anyone would!)

To give you an example of my inept flirting, when I worked at GSK (big pharmaceutical company), I had a bit of a thing for one of the biochemists I occasionally worked with. One time, I went into his lab to do a few bits and pieces and kinda blurted out "Oh hey Kim, you know, I read that paper you wrote on hyperprolactinaemia following dosing with olanzapine and similar atypical antipsychotics, it was very interesting" >< Fail.

And Apocalyptica, really? :eek: I thought I was the only one who found guys like that hot!
    That's... pretty incredible. But at least it was a proficient (if slightly verbose) compliment... and don't worry, in my opinion it takes several years of being single to nail the flirting thing. Apparently I do it all the time, whether I'm talking to women or men (perhaps this is why most people think I'm straight...).

I don't like every member of apocalyptica. The two guys with darker hair? Yespls. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    EDIT: is it bad that I'm now tempted to flirt with everything that moves (and that has a penis obvs)?
    Hell no. That's basically how I live my life.

Gays, go and look at Scott Herman's videos on youtube. Trust me, totally worth your time.

I don't have anything to add to the 'sexiest instrument' discussion, other than to say it's clearly the skin flute :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    That's... pretty incredible. But at least it was a proficient (if slightly verbose) compliment... and don't worry, in my opinion it takes several years of being single to nail the flirting thing. Apparently I do it all the time, whether I'm talking to women or men (perhaps this is why most people think I'm straight...).

I don't like every member of apocalyptica. The two guys with darker hair? Yespls. :sexface:
    Lol, his response was just a sort of "Oh, thanks, I um... didn't really do much work on it to be honest. *awkward silence*" ><

And I'd do them all :coma:

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    You have a boyfriend? when did this happen? :eek3:
    Flirting is fun.
    Since about 1 year, 3 months and 18 days ago, roughly :p: It is if you're good at it lol, to me it's a tremendous effort and uphill struggle XD although I think I made some headway tonight :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I always imagine that maestro pianists must be very good with their hands. :sexface:
    I play piano! Or at least I attempt to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    I play piano! Or at least I attempt to...
    "Attempt to." "Attempt" "to"?!! :lolwut: You have a Diploma in it!!! :eek3:

I'm working on Grade 4. That's attempting for you. :headhurts:

ReputationRep:
    Since about 1 year, 3 months and 18 days ago, roughly :p: It is if you're good at it lol, to me it's a tremendous effort and uphill struggle XD although I think I made some headway tonight :rofl:
    Then I clearly missed it. :p:

Of course, if you're making some headway tonight (why does this sound like "giving head"?? Clearly, too much men talk going on in this thread. :p:), then you should defo try it out with your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    "Attempt to." "Attempt" "to"?!! :lolwut: You have a Diploma in it!!! :eek3:
    But I only got 49%, so I barely passed really. I'm pretty bad.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I agree. Cellos are the sexiest instrument.
    Agreed :love: one day I hope to learn to play a stringed instrument, either the cello or the violin

He's encouraging me! And also teaching me, because I'm rubbish at flirting ;_;

They really are. I'd tap all the members of Apocalyptica purely for that fact :p:

I really must sell my 'cello at some point.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's partner does that :mmm: best fun ever

And agreed :coma:

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Just told my best mate that i was making out with mike last night. He hadnt realised i was bi, despite me flirting with mike in front of him. Bit awekward now.

I havent been around in lgbt chat for ages, how is everyone?
    Hello

I've got one dirty hangover, and have to go teach kids how to defend themselves against a knife. Pah.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    :hugs:

Is the awkwardness because you feel worried about it or your best friend is giving you reason to feel worried because of behaviour? Hopefully, and I expect, it will predominantly be the former. Hope it all works out.

Nice to see you back here. :yep:
    I think he's just shocked tbh. I can't believe he hadn't noticed xD He got a bit annoyed and told me i should try harder to be straight. He'll get over it.

How is everyone today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I think he's just shocked tbh. I can't believe he hadn't noticed xD He got a bit annoyed and told me i should try harder to be straight. He'll get over it.

How is everyone today?
    Oh dear. Breeders say the funniest things :mmm:

I decided not to go to work today. I have to pack and get a big suitcase all the way to my friends' place in Camden, and I cba to do it after work because I have plans tonight.

On the plus side I'm going to either have Tapas or sausage and mash for lunch :yep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddy)
    Oh dear. Breeders say the funniest things :mmm:

I decided not to go to work today. I have to pack and get a big suitcase all the way to my friends' place in Camden, and I cba to do it after work because I have plans tonight.

On the plus side I'm going to either have Tapas or sausage and mash for lunch :yep:
    I was caught between laughing and being angry. In the end I looked at him and said 'why would I want to do that?'

I wish I had a job. I'm currently homeless again due to my parents stealing my last grand from my bank and kicking me out. I dont like my parents.

ReputationRep:
    Morning, gays. How are we all today?

(Original post by Gesar)
    You really do have one hell of a CV.

I agree. Cellos are the sexiest instrument.
    Ah, the benefits of a minor-public-school education. :yep: But thank you.

I dunno, I always imagine that maestro pianists must be very good with their hands. :sexface:
    Did I mention I play piano too? :p:

That's a brilliant chat-up line. Man doesn't know what he's missing.

My flirting tends to fail because I automatically ramp up the attempted irony/wit/humour/whatever in everything I say, which makes it difficult to be even mildly direct.

ReputationRep:
    Oops. I accidentally slept four hours longer than I meant to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hungover and I have to tutor maths to someone in an hour :sad: I hope I make a good impression.

Probably a dumb question, but how much should a first-time maths tutor charge per hour ? My sister said I should charge 20 euro/hour but I feel like that's a bit much?

ReputationRep:
    Gays: I'm going on this debating thing in the Netherlands on Thursday, and one of the nights is a 'Cultural Expo', so I should be bringing a few stereotypically British things (that can be transported easily). Suggestions?

(Original post by Laertes)
    Oops. I accidentally slept four hours longer than I meant to.
    You make it sound like a bad thing. :p:

(Original post by trm90)
    I'm hungover and I have to tutor maths to someone in an hour :sad: I hope I make a good impression.

Probably a dumb question, but how much should a first-time maths tutor charge per hour ? My sister said I should charge 20 euro/hour but I feel like that's a bit much?
    No idea about the pricing, but hope it goes well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)

20 euro/hour is not at all too much; if anything, that's on the cheaper side for tutoring.

(Original post by dbmag9)
    Gays: I'm going on this debating thing in the Netherlands on Thursday, and one of the nights is a 'Cultural Expo', so I should be bringing a few stereotypically British things (that can be transported easily). Suggestions?
    Take the Queen! It would suit you

On a more serious note, try tea, marmalade, shortbread?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    My mate is confusing. He claims to be straight, but admitted that he's had a bj off mark before, iv woken up spooning him before and he's had his hands down my pants before. Loads of people thought we were together after meeting us. Either he's gay or bi, in which case he should come out to me or he isnt in which case he shouldnt be confusing me :mad:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.