The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7260
Revd. Mike
In other news, yaaay! Someone just came to see me about getting me to do some genotyping for their lab, my job will become slightly more interesting! And I may get to meet Heston Blumenthal later!

That's awesome. I love his ridiculously extravagant cooking. particularly the desserts.:yep:
Reply 7261
Morning, gays. How are you?

I can hear the primary school down the road singing "Don't Stop Believing". Previously it was "Bad Romance". :biggrin:

Laertes
Okay, so I stayed up all night reading for no real reason, and now I'm having bacon cooked for me. ******* score!

It's actually not that a ridiculous theory. I mean, it is ridiculous, but it's not that ridiculous, it's within the boundaries of possibility. That said, it's the New Jersey Senators, nobody cares about New Jersey.

Yeah, but it's within the bounds of possibility that George Bush phoned up Scotland and got them to release the guy too. Ye cannae just decide everything you dislike is part of one big plot.

I approve of the bacon, though. I had Crunchy Nut Clusters this morning, they were not as exciting as the adverts had suggested.

Revd. Mike
In other news, yaaay! Someone just came to see me about getting me to do some genotyping for their lab, my job will become slightly more interesting! And I may get to meet Heston Blumenthal later!

Are the two related? Is his next dish going to involve splicing various tasty animals together, with you as his beautiful assistant? :p:
I hate dentists. Stop trying to have a conversation with me while your hands are in my mouth, you moron.
dbmag9
Are the two related? Is his next dish going to involve splicing various tasty animals together, with you as his beautiful assistant? :p:

They are not related :p: The genotyping is me assisting with research projects into Batten disease hehe. Heston's poking around our labs because he's doing a show on Channel 4 soonish about how diet affects mental health (with a view to improving the meals of submariners that are below sea for 3+ months), and in our department we just so happen to have an expert on mental health and nutrition hehe. It's a bit ridiculous though, they're in the main lab filming and the crew are saying things like "Can't you do this technique differently to make it a bit more exciting to film?" >< And the answer invariably comes back "Um... not really..."

Although I do approve of this splice tasty animal together to create extremely tasty chimeras :biggrin: Not sure about me being his beautiful assistant though :p:

JRaphael
That's awesome. I love his ridiculously extravagant cooking. particularly the desserts.:yep:

Hehe, it looks wonderful, and I do enjoy just how ridiculously over the top his methods are. But if I'm honest, I probably wouldn't pay for one of his meals, I'm not sure I could justify the cost, just for the OTT-ness.

My boss and I are daring eachother to go criticize his use of liquid nitrogen - He never uses the proper safety precautions! :rofl:

icysquall
I hate dentists. Stop trying to have a conversation with me while your hands are in my mouth, you moron.

Urgh, I hate that! I mean, seriously? Do you expect me to answer?
Reply 7264
icysquall

I read/heard somewhere quite recently (I can't remember where, it's really annoying) about a dentist who kept talking to a patient, and then when the patient replied, the dentist sliced his mouth open :p:
Reply 7265
Revd. Mike
They are not related :p: The genotyping is me assisting with research projects into Batten disease hehe. Heston's poking around our labs because he's doing a show on Channel 4 soonish about how diet affects mental health (with a view to improving the meals of submariners that are below sea for 3+ months), and in our department we just so happen to have an expert on mental health and nutrition hehe. It's a bit ridiculous though, they're in the main lab filming and the crew are saying things like "Can't you do this technique differently to make it a bit more exciting to film?" >< And the answer invariably comes back "Um... not really..."

Although I do approve of this splice tasty animal together to create extremely tasty chimeras :biggrin: Not sure about me being his beautiful assistant though :p:

Hehe, it looks wonderful, and I do enjoy just how ridiculously over the top his methods are. But if I'm honest, I probably wouldn't pay for one of his meals, I'm not sure I could justify the cost, just for the OTT-ness.

My boss and I are daring eachother to go criticize his use of liquid nitrogen - He never uses the proper safety precautions! :rofl:

I've been on a submarine. :cool: The food was alright, if I recall. When they go out on the proper long patrols, they use corridors as storage space and create a false floor of food boxes.

You should definately give him some risk assesment forms to fill in for his next meal. :p:

Bezzler
I read/heard somewhere quite recently (I can't remember where, it's really annoying) about a dentist who kept talking to a patient, and then when the patient replied, the dentist sliced his mouth open :p:

Nice cheerful story, thanks. :s-smilie:
Bezzler

Thanks for that. Really nice thing to know.
Revd. Mike

A time to actually clean up the lab and wear the old stained lab-coats? :yep:
Reply 7268
icysquall
Thanks for that. Really nice thing to know.

It was an FML, I remember now!
I Have Nothing To Do.
Reply 7270
How long do you lot reckon clotted cream would survive outside a fridge? I have purchased scones, jam, clotted cream and a custard-cream-shaped tin of custard creams. :biggrin:

Also, I got my new student card. Now I need to find a passport photo somewhere to attach to it.
Piprod01
A time to actually clean up the lab and wear the old stained lab-coats? :yep:

I thought someone might worry about the labs being untidy, but apparently not :p: Heston is bad at science ¬_¬
Revd. Mike
I thought someone might worry about the labs being untidy, but apparently not :p: Heston is bad at science ¬_¬

Heston is terrible at it! Labs are almost always untidy, the few exceptions are for things like publicity photos and TV and things like that.
Piprod01
Heston is terrible at it! Labs are almost always untidy, the few exceptions are for things like publicity photos and TV and things like that.

Well, it depends. If you work in an industry lab (like when I worked for Glaxo) the labs were pretty much always pristine, and the H&S officers are so inflexible that you can't get away with anything. In an academic lab (like wher eI work now) everything is a lot more laid back. I wouldn't say they're untidy (for the most part), but there is a bit more clutter and people are less likely to fret about it. It's waaaay more pleasant in academia!
Reply 7274
laughingwithpicasso
I Have Nothing To Do.

Story of my life. Let me know when you find something :frown:
trm90
Story of my life. Let me know when you find something :frown:

I shall. In the mean time, I'll continue doing what I'm good at. Nada. :o:
Reply 7276
I should probably pack now.
Reply 7277
dbmag9
I should probably pack now.

:ditto: Where are you going?

I really enjoyed that. It's really frustrating that it's not as easy as saying "let's fix the problem". Sigh.

Latest