Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Aye Alternative/metal night club in Soton. It's a bit dingey, and the drinks are a bit rubbish, but the music is great, atmosphere is great and it's chockful of really hot guys
    "Really hot guys" = weirdos covered in tattoos and piercings and strange coloured hair then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Really hot guys = guys covered in tattoos and piercings and strange awesome coloured hair
    Fixed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    "Really hot guys" = weirdos covered in tattoos and piercings and strange coloured hair then? :p:
    Exactly :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Inception is a great film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Inception is a great film
    +1

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, greetings from the Netherlands. Turns out the accomodations of the Koninklijke Marine has decent Wifi, so I am writing this from my bunk bed in a room with some random Korean and a Dutch guy. Debating competition has been decent so far; we've won our first two (easiest debates), with at least four more to go.

Regarding your (frankly pathetic effort at) conversations over the last two pages: Mike's ideas of attractive men are foolish, Inception is indeed great, and I can't remember whatever else it is people said. Laertes: I run the LGBT Society. So watch out.

G'night, gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Regarding your (frankly pathetic effort at) conversations over the last two pages: Mike's ideas of attractive men are foolish, Inception is indeed great, and I can't remember whatever else it is people said. Laertes: I run the LGBT Society. So watch out.
    Since when have you run TSRLGBTCT/ST/QT/Soc., eh? Pfft.
    I'm gonna have to launch me a coup.

ReputationRep:
    I've had such a terrible night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    Why's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Why's that?
    I went out to a new club in town. My friend went off to the VIP section, my other mate spent most of the night with his girlfriend and my other friend just didn't turn up. I saw a few odd people around, but I just felt pretty lonely wandering around on my own. Getting a drink, sitting down for a bit, getting another drink... I decided to leave at about 2am, but not before drunkenly pouring my heart out to my best mate about how I'd really like to just be with somebody right now (literally everyone I know is in a relationship).

It didn't help that a guy I had a huge crush on when I was working during my gap year kept hugging me, leaning in to talk and generally just getting too close. Imagine an even cuter version of Jake Gyllenhaal. I just wanted to kiss him. :o:

My friend who I ended up saying too much to got a taxi home with me because he said he felt guilty if he stayed. There was no need, but that was such a cool thing to do. He's been texting me to make sure I'm OK. I had way too much alcohol and instead of being merry and fun I got quite sentimental and spent the night reflecting on things. Not good.

Do any of you guys go to a straight club and just get pissed off seeing everyone pair off? Maybe I'm just really bitter at the moment, but I just couldn't stay in that place any longer. Although, my friend caught me leaving and instead of lying, I pretty much said the truth ('I feel real lonely in here'). He has a gay brother so I think he could appreciate my drunken ramblings a little. Now I'm sat up in bed all embarrassed and feeling so stupid.

It's odd because I'm normally quite confident and happy, but tonight everything just hit me and I felt pretty low. All I wanted to do was to go home. Maybe it was just the drink...

/essay. Now you've been subjected to my boring, semi-drunk thoughts too...

ReputationRep:
    I went out to a new club in town. My friend went off to the VIP section, my other mate spent most of the night with his girlfriend and my other friend just didn't turn up. I saw a few odd people around, but I just felt pretty lonely wandering around on my own. Getting a drink, sitting down for a bit, getting another drink... I decided to leave at about 2am, but not before drunkenly pouring my heart out to my best mate about how I'd really like to just be with somebody right now (literally everyone I know is in a relationship).

It didn't help that a guy I had a huge crush on when I was working during my gap year kept hugging me, leaning in to talk and generally just getting too close. Imagine an even cuter version of Jake Gyllenhaal. I just wanted to kiss him. :o:

My friend who I ended up saying too much to got a taxi home with me because he said he felt guilty if he stayed. There was no need, but that was such a cool thing to do. He's been texting me to make sure I'm OK. I had way too much alcohol and instead of being merry and fun I got quite sentimental and spent the night reflecting on things. Not good.

Do any of you guys go to a straight club and just get pissed off seeing everyone pair off? Maybe I'm just really bitter at the moment, but I just couldn't stay in that place any longer. Although, my friend caught me leaving and instead of lying, I pretty much said the truth ('I feel real lonely in here'). He has a gay brother so I think he could appreciate my drunken ramblings a little. Now I'm sat up in bed all embarrassed and feeling so stupid.

It's odd because I'm normally quite confident and happy, but tonight everything just hit me and I felt pretty low. All I wanted to do was to go home. Maybe it was just the drink...

I would do it now but I'm ******* knackered so I'll use this space to write a cogent reply tomorrow.
    Hope you're feeling better now :hugs:

ReputationRep:

This is normal. And the influence of alcohol perhaps accelerated your emotions. If I was in your position I'm sure I'd feel the same - it would be really awkward, too. I wouldn't know what to do. I think everyone has times like this when alcohol is involved and it's not a bad thing. Maybe it was the culmination of a bunch of things and you finally couldn't take it.

With regards to your questions about 'straight' clubs. Well, I don't get annoyed at people pairing off since it seems like the aim of most people when they go out. But I generally try to avoid/ignore it and dance like a crazy person. Even if I'm dancing alone, hahah. But if people around me are making out and I'm alone, I'm not gonna let that dampen my fun, I'll try to get on the floor and dance with strangers or even try talking to people at the bar.

But today is a new day, and yeah, you felt lonely and stuff but don't dwell on it as it'll only make you more upset. Just put it down to the alcohol. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Mike's ideas of attractive men are foolish
    Hey! I can't help it if you like boring, dull men! :p: Mind what you say or i'll set Phil on you! :hmmm:

:hugs: :console: In the immortal words of D:ream,

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's back :ninja:

I hated London, I hated it and I'm glad I'm home.. but my computer's broke so I have to use the Library's computer :sad:

ReputationRep:

Don't worry about it :hugs: Hope you're feeling better now, and yes, don't forget that alcohol brings out the emotional side of us very, very easily! I also feel bitter about seeing other couples sometimes. I'm a fellow singleton who is looking and you may agree with me, but it's easier to not think about the fact you're single by being busy... then to suddenly be surrounded by a bunch of couples, the reality of your singledom hits you like a truck. As long as you're happy for your friends it's fine, though

P.S. If it's any consolation... whilst I was on a gay night out with my mates at the beginning of my second year, I was so drunk I had to head to the bathrooms to cry my eyes out and texted all my friends to come comfort me. This was after I realised, in my hyper-emotional state, that I hated being single (this was about two weeks after I had to break up with a guy I met over summer for practical reasons). So some of us are hit harder and end up embarrassing ourselves more, don't worry :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    This is normal. And the influence of alcohol perhaps accelerated your emotions. If I was in your position I'm sure I'd feel the same - it would be really awkward, too. I wouldn't know what to do. I think everyone has times like this when alcohol is involved and it's not a bad thing. Maybe it was the culmination of a bunch of things and you finally couldn't take it.

With regards to your questions about 'straight' clubs. Well, I don't get annoyed at people pairing off since it seems like the aim of most people when they go out. But I generally try to avoid/ignore it and dance like a crazy person. Even if I'm dancing alone, hahah. But if people around me are making out and I'm alone, I'm not gonna let that dampen my fun, I'll try to get on the floor and dance with strangers or even try talking to people at the bar.

But today is a new day, and yeah, you felt lonely and stuff but don't dwell on it as it'll only make you more upset. Just put it down to the alcohol. :P
    :hugs:
    Im sure you'll feel better this morning after the effect of alcohol wears out. Have a cup of tea and enjoy the rarely good weather :p: well I hope it is so in somerset as it is quite nice down in worthing at the moment.

in other news, I've got a whole day to do one thing, packing up, which gives me plenty of reasons to procrastinate :p: I might as well go down to the garden to lie down for a nap :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for your responses (I didn't think it was necessary to quote you all and clog up the page). I'm so happy for my friend and I spent the whole night talking to his girlfriend. She seems really cute and funny, but after a few drinks she got a little annoying. Maybe she felt threatened, but there was a lot of kissing literally right in front of my face. My friend even looked at me and rolled his eyes! We'd be sat down talking and she'd just jump on him. I'm just sat their clutching my vodka and twiddling my thumbs. :rolleyes:

I don't think it was that bad, really. I think trm90 summed it up in one sentence: 'I'm a fellow singleton who is looking and you may agree with me, but it's easier to not think about the fact you're single by being busy... then to suddenly be surrounded by a bunch of couples, the reality of your singledom hits you like a truck.'

Luckily, there was no crying or overly dramatic speeches. I just said I really have to go now and my friend followed me. I don't know why I'm embarrassed about saying what I said to him. I'm just never that honest about my feelings (at least not to him). I normally would have lied and said that I was feeling ill. My friend usually sees me as quite confident and I feel a little embarrassed for showing some kind of weakness. As one user said I should have just danced like crazy! Terrible music though, guys. How do people dance to tame RnB?

Right, crunchy nut cornflakes and a cup of tea. I'm going to London on Tuesday and then I have a BBQ for a friends 19th later in the week. Things are looking up already. I'm supposed to be going to the BBQ with the aforementioned friend though. It's gonna be awkward. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Hey! I can't help it if you like boring, dull men! :p: Mind what you say or i'll set Phill on you! :hmmm:

:hugs: :console: In the immortal words of D:ream,
    Hey! One l.

On an entirely unrelated note, I've had a post just disappear and I'm almost certain I didn't delete it. This is confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Hey! One l.

On an entirely unrelated note, I've had a post just disappear and I'm almost certain I didn't delete it. This is confusing.
    Woops! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to type double L, typo.

Right, stiff drink down. Maybe I can face cooking lunch.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Painkillers or alcohol. Painkillers, or....alcohol?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.