Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    Haha, late sleeper, eh? I get up at like 7.30 every morning. Boo. Yeah, Fresher's year was pretty awesome. I enjoyed it a lot, actually. Met some really wonderful people and even have my house sorted with a bunch of wicked people. I am also seeing someone (hehe). Going on holiday with 6 of them in August to Barcelona. Next year looks even better.

Yourself? Tell me all! :cool:
    I'm not a late sleeper, just attuned to a different clock to the World of Work :p: 7:30 must be painful.

Glad you had fun! Barcelona sounds hot. Last year I did a mini tou of central europe in September and that was too hot. I just don't take heat well it seems :p:

This year was alright. Was sharing a set though (two rooms, I walked through my roommate's room to get into my room). Didn't particularly enjoy it; turns out I really like my privacy. So that was a bit crap, but next year I get my own en-suite! (We're on site for three years, rather than moving out to houses). And I'm currently deciding whether or not to do a fourth year, which is very tricky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I'm not a late sleeper, just attuned to a different clock to the World of Work :p: 7:30 must be painful.

Glad you had fun! Barcelona sounds hot. Last year I did a mini tou of central europe in September and that was too hot. I just don't take heat well it seems :p:

This year was alright. Was sharing a set though (two rooms, I walked through my roommate's room to get into my room). Didn't particularly enjoy it; turns out I really like my privacy. So that was a bit crap, but next year I get my own en-suite! (We're on site for three years, rather than moving out to houses). And I'm currently deciding whether or not to do a fourth year, which is very tricky.
    Oh man. Well, I go to bed at like 10:30, LOL. That's probably why I can manage to get up so early. Oh, where did you go in Europe? Anywhere nice?

SHARING? I would actually die. I could not share a room for the life of me. Did you walk in on them masturbating/having sex? I'd be scared incase that happened to me. But next year looks better for you too. I'd kill for an ensuite, they are awesome. Do a fourth year!! More time not being an adult = goooood. What do you study again? If it's science, don't do the fourth year, hahah, I would die doing sciences...

You're on site? Why's that?

ReputationRep:
    SHARING? I would actually die. I could not share a room for the life of me. Did you walk in on them masturbating/having sex? I'd be scared incase that happened to me.
    Surely that might be a good thing - you walk in on 2 fit guys having sex and they invite you to join in. :coma: Happens in the movies all the time. :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    True Blood today was awesome, as usual.

Oh man. Well, I go to bed at like 10:30, LOL. That's probably why I can manage to get up so early. Oh, where did you go in Europe? Anywhere nice?

SHARING? I would actually die. I could not share a room for the life of me. Did you walk in on them masturbating/having sex? I'd be scared incase that happened to me. But next year looks better for you too. I'd kill for an ensuite, they are awesome. Do a fourth year!! More time not being an adult = goooood. What do you study again? If it's science, don't do the fourth year, hahah, I would die doing sciences...

You're on site? Why's that?
    10:30?! Wow. I went to Vienna (by plane) for four days, then to Bratislava (by boat!) for two days and then to Budapest (by train) for a week. It was quite cool. I think this year we're going somewhere in the winter instead of summer.

It wasn't really sharing... It was from my roommates point of view, because he effetively didn't have his own room :p: I never walked in on him masterbating or having sex no :p: Though I, erm, 'exercised due caution' when he had his boyfriend round. I had a ground floor room so the window was a viable entrance and exit :p:

Not being an adult for another year would be awesome, but I don't know if I'll enjoy it enough to make it worth it. (And it's maths, btw :p:). How long's your degree?

And we're on site because our college can provide on site accommodation :dontknow: There's no need ot go elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I am making Potato, Cauliflower, Leek, pea, courgette, celery and carrot stew, flavoured with mustard, red wine and a hint of chilli served with pasta and warm french stick for dinner :yep:

Though I have such a large quantity of stew I'll probably be eating it for the next three days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I am making Potato, Cauliflower, Leek, pea, courgette, celery and carrot stew, flavoured with mustard, red wine and a hint of chilli served with pasta and warm french stick for dinner :yep:

Though I have such a large quantity of stew I'll probably be eating it for the next three days.
    sounds nice :drool:

----------------

I've spent approximately a day travelling, with a total of 60 kg luggages, not fun, and China is very humid, and hot, which makes it less of a suitable living environment for me. :s:
    The plus side is, the house is empty, which leaves me to much space and privacy, except that the dog's still in, who doesnt recognises anymore, he barked at me.
    it's depressing. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

Really? No one's going there?

EDIT: On a serious note, that sounds lush. I too have not mastered the art of cooking for one, so whenever I make something I have a tonne leftover for the next couple of days hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    You're a LARPer! Cool ^^
    Yep, and it was an awesome event except for the drive there which took twice as long (nearly 10 hours) and left me drained for the entire weekend, as I never sleep properly in a tent. Despite all that it was still great.

Anyway, I've just about recovered now. How is everyone? I had a filling today.

ReputationRep:
    I've spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much money...

ReputationRep:
    I'm erasing a lot of friends from my life because they don't make any effort to be friends.

This is not going to leave me with many friends.

Maybe it's me with the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I'm erasing a lot of friends from my life because they don't make any effort to be friends.

This is not going to leave me with many friends.

Maybe it's me with the problem.
    Then are they friends in the first place?

I've learned I rather have a small tight group of reliable friends. Over a large group of what is better called acquaintances any day.

What makes you think you have the problem?

ReputationRep:
    Morning all.
    How is everybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Then are they friends in the first place?

I've learned I rather have a small tight group of reliable friends. Over a large group of what is better called acquaintances any day.

What makes you think you have the problem?
    Me too, but the few good friends I do have are all so distanced from each other that I don't really have a "tight group", anywhere :/

The thing that makes me think it could be me with the problem is that a lot of the friends I'm becoming disillusioned with don't seem to see the issue, but they rarely speak to me/invite me out with them. Maybe they just don't like me any more. I know I've changed in the last 6 months because of stuff I've had going on, ,aybe they don't like who I am these days.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Just watched the Tornado episode of Desperate Housewives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Me too, but the few good friends I do have are all so distanced from each other that I don't really have a "tight group", anywhere :/

The thing that makes me think it could be me with the problem is that a lot of the friends I'm becoming disillusioned with don't seem to see the issue, but they rarely speak to me/invite me out with them. Maybe they just don't like me any more. I know I've changed in the last 6 months because of stuff I've had going on, ,aybe they don't like who I am these days.
    Oh I see, yeah the distance thing can become an issue. Are these friends from primary or high school? I had super tight friends in primary school. We did everything together every day. Then I moved to the other side of London!. When I look back I kind of 'allowed' myself to drift away. They once phoned me to come swimming after I moved, but I turned them down because I had grown obese and had issues with my weight. Flash forward, now I'm all slim and happy I'm annoyed with myself. They stayed tight till the end of high school. I regret not making the effort, but I treat it as one of those things.

Now when my friends invite me I'll always go, unless i physically or financially can't make it of course. To be honest I think I give more than I get. I never thought I was appreciated, until one mate recently commented on what a great friend I was and is glad to know me.

I am just guessing here, but in those 6 months have they contacted you to go anywhere and no fault of your own, been busy? I find even the best of friends can grow distant after a few knock backs. Especially if there is geographical distance involved, which can add to the apathetic feeling towards the relationship.

Not sure on the friend changing thing. All the people I know haven't changed the traits that I originally liked about them. Instead I've changed slightly, preferring different things in other people. Try one to last time ditch attempt to contact them, never know what might spark up. In the end though, not everyone manages to retain the same group of friends for life. We can only hope and try

ReputationRep:
    Last night was gay film night for me. "A Single Man" and "Shortbus". I'm glad I watched them in that order; the former is quite depressing!

ReputationRep:
    I have done chores today. I feel accomplished.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, I'm back in the UK. We lost in the final to Lithuania, although a lot of people said we should have won. We had won debates earlier when we thought we should have lost though, so it was partly just a matter of our luck running out, and we weren't too annoyed.

Now I have no plans at all until October or so. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Heya peeps.. *Jumps round and waves arms in circles*.

Somewhat bored so I thought I'd come here and say Hello. ^_^ :3

Hows everyone? :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KuroEli)
    Heya peeps.. *Jumps round and waves arms in circles*.

Somewhat bored so I thought I'd come here and say Hello. ^_^ :3

Hows everyone? :3
    Hello :sexface:

*puts arm around your shoulders* I can take your boredem away. :ahee:

:rofl:
    Sorry. :p:
    Well, I'm fine. I've never seen you here. :woo: What's up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.