Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Laertes)
    I'll neg any post that meets the criteria of semi-naked Daniel Ratcliffe.
    :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    "n" dimensions ?! :eek3:

:p:
    If you're an applied mathematician you get to work in the boring 3 or 2 dimensional case. But there's really no reason not to work in n dimensions. You might have 13 free variables and a function linking 7 of them to the other 6. You'd need n dimensions then.

(Original post by icysquall)
    :hugs: That sounds horrible. I don't really know much about it, but it sounds like it wouldn't be too bad if you dropped it. You'd get more time to focus on other parts of the course without having to work doubly hard on this course because it's lectured badly etc.
    I've emailed my DoS and she emailed back remarkably quickly saying that it would be find if I were to drop it. So... looks like I'm going to drop it. And just work really really hard on getting my other courses up to 100%.

How's everything going for you at The Other Place? Is it better than it was last term?

ReputationRep:
    We have to have a doctor called out for my mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I've emailed my DoS and she emailed back remarkably quickly saying that it would be find if I were to drop it. So... looks like I'm going to drop it. And just work really really hard on getting my other courses up to 100%.

How's everything going for you at The Other Place? Is it better than it was last term?
    Cambridge is The Other Place! Oxford's just The Place. Original and the best. :p:

Things are much better this term, the 2nd years were definitely right in saying that we'd never work as hard as we did in our first term. Despite it being exam term, I have less work. Well less work in the immediate sense, I probably have more because I should be revising but I don't really have the time to revise and do all the work for the module we're learning at the moment. So I'm not having to pull all-nighters every week to get the work down, which is always a plus. From about 6th week onwards I'm going to be stressed out of my mind. I'll have just finished Criminal and I'll be starting mad revision for my exams at the end of 9th week. Basically the last 2-3 weeks of term are going to be horrendous, but then I get a holiday in which I'll have absolutely no work to do.

ReputationRep:
    Chris and I are in Swanage, and we took a trip to the awesome off-license that has weird and wonderful and hard-to-find spirits and liqueurs. We left with a bottle of maraschino, a miniature of excellent chocolate liqueur and a bottle of cream soda

ReputationRep:
    I painted my face :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    I painted my face :p:
    Jolly exciting ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Jolly exciting ^_^
    as a joker :p:
    I dont have black neon paint I wanted a pair of smokey eyes :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    He's ugly, sorry bbz.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all How are we today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Nah, joining the society doesn't seem to mean much other than a link next to your name (unless there's something I've missed :P. Welcome to the chat thread - we used to have a welcome poem, but I'm not sure anyone has that handily any more.

Where've you applied to in the UK? Chocolate sounds good.
    (Original post by Gesar)
    :hello:

Cider is good. I haven't eaten chocolate though in 5 and a half years.
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Welcome!
    Hi you all, and thanks for the welcomes!

I've applied to LSE and Glasgow, Leeds, Nottingham and Bristol Universities. Haven't heard back yet from all of them, so don't know yet where I'll end up.

Gesar, why haven't you eaten chocolate? Don't you like it? (I find it hard to believe that such a person would exist, though have heard rumours. )

ReputationRep:
    There are Belgian chocolate puddings for dessert :coma:

ReputationRep:
    oh god I wish tonight never ends

ReputationRep:
    oh god I wish tonight never ends
    can i join you ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziik)
    Hi!

I just joined the society, I don't know if I should wait to be accepted before posting? But I don't know if I'll be informed about it when I become a member, so... :o:

Should I tell something about myself? Well, I'm a 22-year-old bi (or pan) woman living in Finland. I've applied to UK to study Sociology, currently study in Helsinki Sociology and Gender Studies.

And I'm jealous of the cider! Have nothing myself, except chocolate (which helps).
    If you are lucky you may get my world renowned and awarded welcome poem. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    We have to have a doctor called out for my mother.
    Hope she is OK. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Man, what is with my housemates constantly criticising me for liking pasta. I want to go and make pasta with pesto but I'm avoiding going downstairs to my kitchen because they're going to make fun of me for making it. Stupid, I know, but I CBA with any of that right now.

Also, you guys need to play Mass Effect 2!

ReputationRep:
    can i join you ^_^
    Now pull down that thing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Now pull down that thing :p:
    I'd rather not :unsure:

Calm down :p:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.