Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziik)
    Gesar, why haven't you eaten chocolate? Don't you like it? (I find it hard to believe that such a person would exist, though have heard rumours. )
    I do like it, I just don't eat it. It started as a random whim and is now just a test of self discipline :dontknow:

(Original post by icysquall)
    Cambridge is The Other Place! Oxford's just The Place. Original and the best. :p:
    :rolleyes:

Things are much better this term, the 2nd years were definitely right in saying that we'd never work as hard as we did in our first term. Despite it being exam term, I have less work. Well less work in the immediate sense, I probably have more because I should be revising but I don't really have the time to revise and do all the work for the module we're learning at the moment. So I'm not having to pull all-nighters every week to get the work down, which is always a plus. From about 6th week onwards I'm going to be stressed out of my mind. I'll have just finished Criminal and I'll be starting mad revision for my exams at the end of 9th week. Basically the last 2-3 weeks of term are going to be horrendous, but then I get a holiday in which I'll have absolutely no work to do.
    I'm glad things are better. Do you only have exams this term? Because you seem to have a lot of them. And I'm sure you'll do fine in them even with very rushed revision. In my experience, cramming works just fine :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    I'd rather not :unsure:

Calm down :p:
    I thought u wanted to join me on the bed :sad:
    anyways I nearly won the best dressed title :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suis Je Bovvered ?)
    Hey pervy! I wondered how long it would be before i saw you :p:

How are you? :hugs:
    Pervy?! :hmmm:!!!! Cheeky beggar!

I'm OK, knackered now after a 9 and a half hour shift .

---

Wish it wwre this time next week. I'm looking forward to getting away from this hellhole for a weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I'm glad things are better. Do you only have exams this term? Because you seem to have a lot of them. And I'm sure you'll do fine in them even with very rushed revision. In my experience, cramming works just fine :tongue:
    The exams at the end of this term will be the only ones I have to do until the end of my third year, so it's not too bad all things considered. Means I'll have a relatively calm (I hope) second year. I only have three exams but the amount of content for them seems pretty ridiculous and it's difficult to be thrown into a subject you've never studied before and be expected to be putting out university level work. I'm managing though, by some trick of fate. These exams don't even count towards my degree, I just need to get a decent 2:1 so I stand a chance when applying to law firms next year. (Incidentally, it really annoys me with law that they seem to expect you to have your life all planned out by the middle of your second year. You apply for vac schemes at a firm and that's usually the firm you apply to for a proper job once you've done your degree. It's just stupid.)

Rushed revision will have to do, I guess. Cramming has got me through GCSEs and A-levels so I'm hoping it won't fail me now.

ReputationRep:
    Phwew. I feel really flushed and sleepy. Walk on the beach in the freezing cold time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    I thought u wanted to join me on the bed :sad:
    anyways I nearly won the best dressed title :p:
    :woo:

sounds fun. I'm still reading chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    :woo:

sounds fun. I'm still reading chemistry
    :console: the bad boy kinda chemistry? Or the boring kinda chemistry? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Beach was cold! But refreshing!

ReputationRep:
    Mum's ok but we need to keep an eye on her.

She better not get ill again or I'm gonna have some serious issues with people who promote karma.

ReputationRep:
    yes im fangueros/kt tipsy but i gout home without throwing up and tisnt that the main ofbjctive of a good night out ?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's to come on TSR and tell us all about it

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if I should go fill the nosey questionnaire... :b

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Urgh. Work on a Sunday. Yawn.

I'm working with someone I have a crush on though, so I need to behave myself :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    yes im fangueros/kt tipsy but i gout home without throwing up and tisnt that the main ofbjctive of a good night out ?
    When you're sober, I'm going to need you to type that out in English please

ReputationRep:
    if anyone wants a TUNE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S2ytG4M_SE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    :console: the bad boy kinda chemistry? Or the boring kinda chemistry? :p:
    nah. "naughty" chemistry. :p:

anyways, good morning. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are you all? I had a fun time at my friend's party; I ended up bringing gin (Gordon's) and tonic (Schweppes), so spent the evening being sophisticated and drinking G&Ts. I also tried the new 'Russchian' drink from Schweppes designed for with vodka, which was quite nice.

No action for me (or anyone else) at the party, although there was an interesting game of 'I have never' (highlights: me making everyone drink with 'I have never been straight' and someone making me drink with 'I have never been sexually attracted to [insert name of straight crush]', while I was sitting next to said crush).

Gah I have done no work.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    We have to have a doctor called out for my mother.
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Mum's ok but we need to keep an eye on her.

She better not get ill again or I'm gonna have some serious issues with people who promote karma.
    What happened? I will join you on the karma thing, by the way.

(Original post by ziik)
    Hi you all, and thanks for the welcomes!

I've applied to LSE and Glasgow, Leeds, Nottingham and Bristol Universities. Haven't heard back yet from all of them, so don't know yet where I'll end up.

Gesar, why haven't you eaten chocolate? Don't you like it? (I find it hard to believe that such a person would exist, though have heard rumours. )
    One of my mum's best friends spend most of her childhood/adolescence with a permanently runny nose; it later transpired that she has a mild dairy allergy which was causing the problem, so now she hardly ever eats chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey gays, how are you all? I had a fun time at my friend's party; I ended up bringing gin (Gordon's) and tonic (Schweppes), so spent the evening being sophisticated and drinking G&Ts. I also tried the new 'Russchian' drink from Schweppes designed for with vodka, which was quite nice.

No action for me (or anyone else) at the party, although there was an interesting game of 'I have never' (highlights: me making everyone drink with 'I have never been straight' and someone making me drink with 'I have never been sexually attracted to [insert name of straight crush]', while I was sitting next to said crush).

Gah I have done no work.

What happened? I will join you on the karma thing, by the way.

One of my mum's best friends spend most of her childhood/adolescence with a permanently runny nose; it later transpired that she has a mild dairy allergy which was causing the problem, so now she hardly ever eats chocolate.
    1) The Russchian mixer is delicious and I love it so much ^^
    2) I'm very proud of you for liking gin and tonic, good boy!
    3) You need to get yourself a better gin than Gordons. Try Beefeater or Plymouth or even Tanqueray if you can afford it and thank me later! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    1) The Russchian mixer is delicious and I love it so much ^^
    2) I'm very proud of you for liking gin and tonic, good boy!
    3) You need to get yourself a better gin than Gordons. Try Beefeater or Plymouth or even Tanqueray if you can afford it and thank me later! :p:
    1. It's also faintly pink.
    2. :yep:
    3. But Gordon's bottles look so cool. And they're recommended on the Schweppes bottle. :p:
    4. No comments on the rest of my post? :eek:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.