Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    You say that like you wouldn't enjoy it.
    I'm sure I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a hard life.
    *sigh* It really is.

(Original post by Laertes)
    This is the sort of perserverance this generation is sadly lacking. Even though he doesn't have his favourite booze, Mike, is staying with the cause and drinking port. Dedication!
    EDIT: Okay, I think that means I need to sleep :facepalm:
    Thank you, I really am committed to my cause

ReputationRep:
    Morning, gays.

(Original post by MDEH8176)
    I've done nothing but eat and read James Baldwin's Giovanni's Room in one sitting today. Along with A Home at the End of the World it's actually made me enjoy reading gay fiction. I don't think I've read a more evocative prose in any other book and although it was sad and tragic it was never depressing. Has anybody else read a book that really stays with them after you've finished it?

I'm off to town tomorrow to stock up on more books for holiday. I plan on buying some or all of the following:

The Front Runner
    Boy Meets Boy
    Maurice
    The Swimming Pool Library

Gay fiction aside, I don't really know what else to try. I've recently read The Shining and Misery so I'm not really in the mood for a psychological thriller/horror. Maybe something more light-hearted and funny. Any recommendations?
    I don't have any recommendations, but I've read Boy Meets Boy, and I really enjoyed it. Keep us updated on your list, I might start copying you some time.

EDIT: Having said that, if you want something completely unsophisticated but mildly amusing, My Side of the Story by Will Davis is alright.

(Original post by darkwolf0139)
    I'm sure I wouldn't.
    Just keep telling yourself that, dearie.

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    *sigh* It really is.

Thank you, I really am committed to my cause
    *awards Mike the Order of Merit of the TSRLGBTSDA*

ReputationRep:
    So, in order to get a computer program that draws graphs for me, I've installed three versions of Python, and a selection of up to five different modules for each. And it works! At last!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    So, in order to get a computer program that draws graphs for me, I've installed three versions of Python, and a selection of up to five different modules for each. And it works! At last!
    Just draw the graph yourself, lazy boy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmmm aubergine. Am on a health kick.

I'm having my tonsils taken out next week :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Mmmmmm aubergine. Am on a health kick.

I'm having my tonsils taken out next week :sad:
    I had my tonsils taken out when I was younger. I was given LOTS of ice cream after :awesome:

It doesn't hurt that much

ReputationRep:
    Just draw the graph yourself, lazy boy. :p:
    With 60 or more nodes, and randomly generated edges?! Pah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    I had my tonsils taken out when I was younger. I was given LOTS of ice cream after :awesome:

It doesn't hurt that much
    Haha. I'm a bit more worried about being put under, never had that before :o:

Reckon they'll give me my tonsils back in a jar?

ReputationRep:

No harm in asking I did, but they wouldn't but this was when I was like 7 so things could've changed.....

Ah yes being put to sleep was a nightmare for me.. I struggled alot, but they eventually got that mask on me XD It was bubblegum flavoured :P

ReputationRep:

Ew, why on Earth would you want them back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkwolf0139)
    Ew, why on Earth would you want them back?
    Becayse they're mine :mob:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays. I went to London today; it was good fun. I wandered around Victoria and Soho and the British Museum, among other places. :cool:

(Original post by Gesar)
    With 60 or more nodes, and randomly generated edges?! Pah.
    Damn right. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've also read Boy Meets Boy, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're probably age 15. I found it rubbish tbh, same with David Levithan's other novel, Wide Awake (albeit slightly better)... pretty childish writing, too. Haha, although, I think the novels are aimed at young teenagers, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I started my second week of jury service today and was forced to sit next to a heavy smoker for the whole day...I now know what it's like to be suicidal.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'll start uni soon.. if I get a first (or high 2:1) in my first year, do you think it's possible to apply to a better university for 2nd year?

Reading a book about genetics now and I love it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited for starting uni but I'm also so stressed about money/finding a flat/finding a job. I'm taking hours to get to sleep at night because my mind is racing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    I'm so excited for starting uni but I'm also so stressed about money/finding a flat/finding a job. I'm taking hours to get to sleep at night because my mind is racing!!
    I bet you'll be able to manage it all.

I'm also excited! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    haha it was belfast pride last weekend (wasn't allowed to go out on duty for the parade ) heard a story about a meeting in the church hall, you know with a lot of presbyterian people who don't understand/ agree with homosexuality (I know there are some that accept it but anyways :p:) and a transexual there had 'dyke' tattooed down their arm and one of the ministers comes up to them and says 'So, which part of Holland are you from?'

:gasp: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    haha it was belfast pride last weekend (wasn't allowed to go out on duty for the parade ) heard a story about a meeting in the church hall, you know with a lot of presbyterian people who don't understand/ agree with homosexuality (I know there are some that accept it but anyways :p:) and a transexual there had 'dyke' tattooed down their arm and one of the ministers comes up to them and says 'So, which part of Holland are you from?'

:gasp: :mmm:
    :facepalm:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.