Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Shame, I thought we had a future together. :sigh:

It's not really that aimed at children; they are very good, though.

The gin in this one isn't high-quality, but tastes fine.
    I realize that actually made me sound like a total brand whore lol. I'm willing to skimp and buy cheap own brands with some things, but with others it really does make a difference.

I generally find that shop brand, budget brand and Gordons gins are all either a little insipid or have a nasty edge to them that I realy don't like. Beefeater, Plymouth and Tanqueray on the other hand, are wonderful. Especially the special ones, like Beefeater 24 and Tanqueray No. 10. Hendricks is a pretty special gin, interesting flavours, slightly cucumbery taste, goes wonderful with a wedge of cucumber and a little sprinkle of black pepper in a gin and tonic. Miller's gin is absolutely wonderful. I could guzzle it. There's definitely a reason it was voted world's best gin a couple of years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I realize that actually made me sound like a total brand whore lol. I'm willing to skimp and buy cheap own brands with some things, but with others it really does make a difference.

I generally find that shop brand, budget brand and Gordons gins are all either a little insipid or have a nasty edge to them that I realy don't like. Beefeater, Plymouth and Tanqueray on the other hand, are wonderful. Especially the special ones, like Beefeater 24 and Tanqueray No. 10. Hendricks is a pretty special gin, interesting flavours, slightly cucumbery taste, goes wonderful with a wedge of cucumber and a little sprinkle of black pepper in a gin and tonic. Miller's gin is absolutely wonderful. I could guzzle it. There's definitely a reason it was voted world's best gin a couple of years ago
    I'm lucky enough not to have experienced all these fancy gins of which you speak. One day you will have to give us all a tasting session. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky enough not to have experienced all these fancy gins of which you speak. One day you will have to give us all a tasting session. :yep:
    I approve of this idea! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I will take the high road and not make a smutty remark :p:

Chris and I have a very impressive booze collection, spanning two cabinets in his living room and a cubby in his kitchen hehe. Well, I say 'we' lol. It's like, 95% his, but I partake of it a lot We generally make at least one cocktail from The Savoy Cocktail Book per night :drool:

ReputationRep:
    So stressed at this point in time. Why does my bank card have to go missing at the time when I need money the most?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I will take the high road and not make a smutty remark :p:

Chris and I have a very impressive booze collection, spanning two cabinets in his living room and a cubby in his kitchen hehe. Well, I say 'we' lol. It's like, 95% his, but I partake of it a lot We generally make at least one cocktail from The Savoy Cocktail Book per night :drool:
    Was wondering if you'd notice that one.

I'm going to take the second paragraph there as an invitation for everyone here to come to your place. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh. Cocktail party, sounds good. :P...

Hows everyone today?;3

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my way to meet potential new flatmates. I have a question, I've never shared with strangers before only friends. So do I tell them i'm gay from the outset? I don't think it's a big deal and I don't normally tell people as soon as I meet them because I don't think it's important but I also don't want then thinking i'm dishonest when they do find out.

What would you do?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    I'm on my way to meet potential new flatmates. I have a question, I've never shared with strangers before only friends. So do I tell them i'm gay from the outset? I don't think it's a big deal and I don't normally tell people as soon as I meet them because I don't think it's important but I also don't want then thinking i'm dishonest when they do find out.

What would you do?!
    You're not being dishonest if you don't tell them straight ahead. You just don't make a big deal out of it and if they're cool people.. then they should be cool with it.
    But maybe if you get talking and they ask you about boyfriends or whatever (just for the hell of making conversation) you could drop a line that you're not into them.
    Are they all female? With guys in the flats it could probably be a bit easier, but then that's just my experience. I always felt weird outing myself to hetero girls. lol

ReputationRep:
    Shame, I thought we had a future together. :sigh:
    Awww :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it's all girls. Boys I wouldn't mind so much. I'll just test the waters and see what happens! Wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it's all girls. Boys I wouldn't mind so much. I'll just test the waters and see what happens! Wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    Morning gays, how are we all today?

What would you do?!
    You'd be being dishonest if you said you were straight to make things easier, but just not mentioning it is fine. It'll come up eventually, probably before you bring a girl back to the flat in front of them, so it shouldn't really be a problem. :p:

Good luck though!

(Original post by Gesar)
    Awww :sad:
    Sorry, it's in the rules.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a fancy dress party as Bananaman, need to find materials for about £15...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the multiple posts I blame my iPhone!

So the girls were really really nice! They're meeting someone else this evening so they'll have to decide on first impressions which one of us they want! I hope it's me they pick! The flat sounds great and it's cheap and only 1 mile from the uni campus. Fingers crossed!

If they do pick me I get to see the flat on Friday or Tuesday. They said it's really nice though.

ReputationRep:
    I've been compiling a collection of chords for songs in a nice notepad I've had for ages; if anyone has any suggestions for things to include they would be welcome.

Sorry about the multiple posts I blame my iPhone!

So the girls were really really nice! They're meeting someone else this evening so they'll have to decide on first impressions which one of us they want! I hope it's me they pick! The flat sounds great and it's cheap and only 1 mile from the uni campus. Fingers crossed!

If they do pick me I get to see the flat on Friday or Tuesday. They said it's really nice though.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:

All I needed was two B's at Higher level to get into Uni - can I be over-confident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I agree with Gesar for once. He's ugly; he also has a freakishly small head.
    Butbutbut, he can be cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    Butbutbut, he can be cute.
    Just the knowledge that it's him puts me off :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like his hair. ;(

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.