Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I want to bake a cake! It'll have to wait till tomorrow though. Thoughts on what I should bake?
    Bake:

- A carrot cake. During this odd, rainy part of summer, carrot cake has a homely feeling to it cause of it's rich taste and thick texture.

- Cheescake. Can't go wrong with this one!

- Double fudge chocolate cake - also can't really go wrong with this one, although I do think it's harder to get the fudgy part right.

- Lemon and poppy seed cake. More obscure, perhaps a little harder to get right, but this is the summer cake.

All else fails, make cupcakes! I made Red Velvet cupcakes today and they were AMAZING. Or make peanut butter cookies w/ chocolate chips. Or Lavender Cupcakes. Or chocolate sponge base w/ cheescake+choc chip filling cupcakes.

My sweet tooth really takes over me sometimes :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm craving some man-attention right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    Word.

ReputationRep:
    So piprod wants man attention, and Laertes wants man attention too. Hmm...there must be an easy way to solve this.

(Original post by Ash_D)
    So piprod wants man attention, and Laertes wants man attention too. Hmm...there must be an easy way to solve this.
    ooooh ooooh ooooh !!

I want to be in on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abucha3)
    ooooh ooooh ooooh !!

I want to be in on this
    I'll sit in the corner and watch.

(Original post by Ash_D)
    I'll sit in the corner and watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_D)
    Ash can give us both some mad man-attention?

ReputationRep:
    That is just lazy match-making, right there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    That is just lazy match-making, right there :p:
    Lazy but efficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abucha3)
    ooooh ooooh ooooh !!

I want to be in on this
    I just looked at your profile picture... I never noticed you were Batman! <3
    Can I be Robin? :yep:

I just looked at your profile picture... I never noticed you were Batman! <3
    Can I be Robin? :yep:
    Sounds good to me :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are we all? I went to a Wetherspoons with some friends, and then we came back to my house for a short while and chatted and played some music. Tomorrow is Brighton Pride, and I may have to get up stupidly early.

(Original post by Reformed2010)
    Skins? Skins?! Give me Inbetweeners over skins any day.
    Really? I never liked Inbetweeners; it was never particularly funny, and I always found the characters/sets looked far too much like adults in a cheap set.

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I'm having a feast on monday. Dominos Pizza and Haagen Dazs.

Any more recommendations?
    I recommend Pizza Hut and Ben & Jerry's. :p:

I know the feeling. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Really? I never liked Inbetweeners; it was never particularly funny, and I always found the characters/sets looked far too much like adults in a cheap set.

I recommend Pizza Hut and Ben & Jerry's. :p:

I know the feeling. :rolleyes:
    I really found its attempt at half-reality enduring. While I totally accept the hyper-reality in Skins is what the show is about, I find the melodrama really off putting. The Inbetweeners has a more relatability edge to it. Watching it I find myself lightly comparing my own whacky experiences while at 6th form.

To be honest I got friends in year 11, let alone 6th form, who look older than the main stars and even some of the co-stars. Also the interior of the school, pub and houses in Inbetweeners looked pretty real to me.

Your just an aspiring drama queen and therefore love Skins :p:

ReputationRep:
    Morning, gays. I am up stupidly early (8.40 :eek3: ) and off to Brighton Pride soonish. Hopefully 'twill be good.

(Original post by Reformed2010)
    I really found its attempt at half-reality enduring. While I totally accept the hyper-reality in Skins is what the show is about, I find the melodrama really off putting. The Inbetweeners has a more relatability edge to it. Watching it I find myself lightly comparing my own whacky experiences while at 6th form.

To be honest I got friends in year 11, let alone 6th form, who look older than the main stars and even some of the co-stars. Also the interior of the school, pub and houses in Inbetweeners looked pretty real to me.

Your just an aspiring drama queen and therefore love Skins :p:
    Whaddaya mean, 'aspiring'? :hmmm:

I like the melodrama and craziness of Skins; the 'humour' in Inbetweeners is realistic, I suppose, but that just means that it's not an improvement on what I could get sitting in my school's Sixth Form Centre.

ReputationRep:
    The flat I went to see is gorgeous and the girls who live there are lovely so I took the room! I move in at the beginning of September. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Morning, gays. I am up stupidly early (8.40 :eek3: ) and off to Brighton Pride soonish. Hopefully 'twill be good.

I am so... ridiculously jealous. Let us know how it goes - I would kill to go to Brighton Pride. The only Pride I'm going to this year is Leicester Pride, which I don't have my hopes high for... but I'm going to be holding up a banner which shows my LGBT association's full support :yep:

(Original post by sweetnesspink)
    The flat I went to see is gorgeous and the girls who live there are lovely so I took the room! I move in at the beginning of September. Yay.
    Sweet :yy:. Are you already at uni btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)

Sweet :yy:. Are you already at uni btw?
    Nope! Starting (my 2nd degree) in Sept. I'm so excited it's unbelievable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    Nope! Starting (my 2nd degree) in Sept. I'm so excited it's unbelievable!
    Ahhh no way, what in? That makes so much sense now - I thought you were a fresher and was about to say that it would have been easier to move into halls :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Ahhh no way, what in? That makes so much sense now - I thought you were a fresher and was about to say that it would have been easier to move into halls :p:
    English Lit. Yeah I was actually going into halls (I had a place til I gave it up last week) but I realised in just a bit too old/set in my ways for that! Plus a flat is cheaper and I can stay there all year or longer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.