Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I attempted to watch a few isolated episodes of Glee; it didn't seem that amazing. I also dislike how much of a stereotype the token gay guy is, although at least his dad is OK.

(Original post by paddy)
    How've you been?

We really need to get that drink that we keep saying we'll get! You around in London?
    Yes, and how are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Yes, and how are you?
    I'm good, I'm working for IBM for a year in industry

And you didn't say how you've been :p:

ReputationRep:
    My sister's work colleague - a really really camp and queeny hairdresser - wanted to be set up with me (for a drink or whatnot) and I told her that I was flattered, but not interested. Now my sister is upset with me because I'm not going for the drink ? I also (shouldn't have!) told her that 99.9% of the time I have absolutely zero attraction towards queeny guys, even though I think they're friendly and fun to be around.

Am I being too judgmental? I just feel like having spent so much time in my local gay scene and meeting so many gay uni students that I'm dead certain I'm not attracted to feminine guys, but I still feel kind of cruel for turning down this guy... maybe I'm wrong and my sister is just trying to guilt trip me, I dunno... bleh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    My sister's work colleague - a really really camp and queeny hairdresser - wanted to be set up with me (for a drink or whatnot) and I told her that I was flattered, but not interested. Now my sister is upset with me because I'm not going for the drink ? I also (shouldn't have!) told her that 99.9% of the time I have absolutely zero attraction towards queeny guys, even though I think they're friendly and fun to be around.

Am I being too judgmental? I just feel like having spent so much time in my local gay scene and meeting so many gay uni students that I'm dead certain I'm not attracted to feminine guys, but I still feel kind of cruel for turning down this guy... maybe I'm wrong and my sister is just trying to guilt trip me, I dunno... bleh.
    She may just be trying to guilt you, but she probably knows him well enough to know if you'd get on. That said, if you aren't attracted to him, you aren't attracted to him.

ReputationRep:
    Uggghhh... I was pretty ill today.
    Lost SO much water - I've just finished a 1 litre bottle of (bathroom tap)water. D;

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays. If anyone was planning on watching Knight and Day, I have to warn you it's pretty rubbish. Not very funny, and the action's not amazing. Also Cruise only takes his shirt off once and he's pretty much offscreen. :p:

In other news, I have now seen so many wierd friend coincidences over Facebook that I am no longer surprised.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Gesar)
    That was brought on by seeing someone who knows you, so you should feel honoured. :yep:

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Yes, and how are you?
    I approve of your Game of Life avatar. :cool:

(Original post by trm90)

Have you met him before? If you have, I don't think it's unreasonable to tell your sister (and indeed him) that he's not your type. It's a bit strange for your sister to be annoyed about it, I'd have thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Mate use your head - if someone wanted to set a guy up (e.g. moi ) with a girl who doesn't find hot - would he go out with her ? NO.

You've done nowt wrong lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    In other news, I have now seen so many wierd friend coincidences over Facebook that I am no longer surprised.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That was brought on by seeing someone who knows you, so you should feel honoured. :yep:

Ooooooo. Who? Must be either public school or gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Ooooooo. Who? Must be either public school or gay.
    Both. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Both. :p:
    Oh. Does that make it Charlie Bell then? He's an absolutely wonderful human being. I'm surprised I still have him as a friend, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Yo gheys. 'Sup?

(Am watching 2012, so might not reply or a couple of hours :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Oh. Does that make it Charlie Bell then? He's an absolutely wonderful human being. I'm surprised I still have him as a friend, to be honest.
    Nope; I'll PM you the name, in case this individual doesn't want his name over the internet.

I'm bored, though. Someone entertain me. Who mentioned forum games a few days back?

(Original post by Crisps)
    Yo gheys. 'Sup?

(Am watching 2012, so might not reply or a couple of hours :p:)
    Hey Crisps, how are you? Long time no see, I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Went pizza hut tonight with a couple of mates. Had lovely time. Now feel very very sick

Awh, poor orange...

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored, though. Someone entertain me. Who mentioned forum games a few days back?
    That was trm90. I agree with the suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    :worm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    That was trm90. I agree with the suggestion.
    Find a game, play it for us. :yep:

(Original post by Crazy Paving)
    :worm:
    :hmmm:

ReputationRep:

:hmmm:
    hi

ill leave now :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    It was your suggestion, you find the game :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    It was your suggestion, you find the game :p:
    Hi, what would you say if I said that I loved Lady Gaga and all of her music? :o:

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.