Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Maybe it's a case of "you're old enough. take care of yourself and get your own money!" or something. oO

Good friends!
    Exactly. Most people won't treat you any differently. If anyone does treat me differently because I'm bi then they aren't people I really want to know too well tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I've been listening to Neue Deutsche Welle in the lab all morning ^^

ReputationRep:
    Someone recommend me some wellies for camping next week? I have about £20 to spend, but they should look funky as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Someone recommend me some wellies for camping next week? I have about £20 to spend, but they should look funky as well
    Not entirely helpful but related: Last year when a bunch of my friends went to Camp Bestival, they were camping near Florence + the Machine and discovered that she's a total *****, so whilst she was sleeping they stole and kept her expensive and funky wellies :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Not entirely helpful but related: Last year when a bunch of my friends went to Camp Bestival, they were camping near Florence + the Machine and discovered that she's a total *****, so whilst she was sleeping they stole and kept her expensive and funky wellies :rofl:
    :rofl:

Apparently her mum is head of the Arts Department at my university

I wasn't even aware that QMUL had an Arts Department. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Also, entirely unrelated: I ****ing hate rude and ungrateful people. Every day I work bloody hard (and certainly do not get paid enough for it), and whilst most people are grateful, there are the odd one or two who think differently. I was cleaning out someone's waterbath earlier (strictly their job, I was doing it as a courtesy) and the whole time I was doing it they stood next to me tapping their foot and huffing because they wanted to use the cupboards I was standing in front of. Each time I said "Would you like me to move out of the way?" and the response was just "No, it's fine I guess, just be quick".

Then when I was finishing up she says "Are you done yet?" and sighs and plonks herself on a chair. I said yes, and moved away and she mutters "Finally..." and then gets a single tube out of the drawer and leaves the room.

It took a lot of restraint not to scream "Clean your own **** up next time" :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Also, entirely unrelated: I ****ing hate rude and ungrateful people. Every day I work bloody hard (and certainly do not get paid enough for it), and whilst most people are grateful, there are the odd one or two who think differently. I was cleaning out someone's waterbath earlier (strictly their job, I was doing it as a courtesy) and the whole time I was doing it they stood next to me tapping their foot and huffing because they wanted to use the cupboards I was standing in front of. Each time I said "Would you like me to move out of the way?" and the response was just "No, it's fine I guess, just be quick".

Then when I was finishing up she says "Are you done yet?" and sighs and plonks herself on a chair. I said yes, and moved away and she mutters "Finally..." and then gets a single tube out of the drawer and leaves the room.

It took a lot of restraint not to scream "Clean your own **** up next time" :mad:
    Clearly you should stop doing things out of courtesy. OR - to annoy the hell out of her - clean other people's cupboard and leave hers out. :p:
    But I would really overthink cleaning something up that's not your responsibility. Is anybody doing it for you too?

ReputationRep:
    To all of you in the UK:
    What are the latest times that cinemas show films? I hope I worded that correctly. :p: I seriously need to get back into the habit of speaking and writing English everday.

ReputationRep:
    To all of you in the UK:
    What are the latest times that cinemas show films? I hope I worded that correctly. :p: I seriously need to get back into the habit of speaking and writing English everday.
    Depends on the cinema, but normally the last show comes on at around midnight. Also, that wording is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Depends on the cinema, but normally the last show comes on at around midnight. Also, that wording is fine
    Great! Thanks.

And btw, I don't know what a wellie is. Is it something like a hoodie?
    Have you found something funky for under 20 pounds yet?

ReputationRep:
    And btw, I don't know what a wellie is. Is it something like a hoodie?
    Have you found something funky for under 20 pounds yet?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_boot

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you should stop doing things out of courtesy. OR - to annoy the hell out of her - clean other people's cupboard and leave hers out. :p:
    But I would really overthink cleaning something up that's not your responsibility. Is anybody doing it for you too?
    Well, it's one of these jobs that technically it's the user's job to do, but it's one of the things that if I have some time to do I'm supposed to do it to help them out.

I don't think I will clean her waterbath again in future ¬_¬

EDIT: If you know what I mean

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, how are we all today? I went with friends to London, where it rained on us quite a lot. We had a decent time wandering around and eating some food.

(Original post by tinkxxx)
    Thanks for all the welcoming!

And yes, my friends reacted well. As a matter of fact, I only told one two days ago and she wants to go out on Sunday so I can tell her all about it and she can be there for me I'm so relieved, but I'm keeping it between the few who know for now because others may not be as supportive. I'm unsure whether or not to be open and honest when I start uni next month. I'll be in a place where no one knows me so it might be a fresh start. What do you guys think?
    Hello new person, welcome to the TSRLGBTSCT. :p: [insert obligatory rant about silly people liking girls, what do you want to like girls for?]

Sounds like a good coming out story. I'd go for being open and honest when you start uni; being closeted is boring. And there should be enough people around that even if there are some idiots who don't like you being bi, you can just ignore those and get better friends. :yep:

Does you lab have any virulent diseases you can put in her water bath that will infect her for next time? Sounds like an unpleasant individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Those are basically my exact political views. Let's be friends!
    Cheque preferred. :p:

In other news gays, yawn. Family comes back off holiday this evening. And though that means no more looking after the dogs, and lie ins for as long as I want, it also means my family will be back off holiday. Sad times indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Cheque preferred. :p:

In other news gays, yawn. Family comes back off holiday this evening. And though that means no more looking after the dogs, and lie ins for as long as I want, it also means my family will be back off holiday. Sad times indeed.
    You get more lie-ins when your family are around? For me it's the opposite.

You're not out yet to family, are you? You should tell them, to pass the time. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    You get more lie-ins when your family are around? For me it's the opposite.

You're not out yet to family, are you? You should tell them, to pass the time. :p:
    I will never be coming out to my parents, so this suggestion is void. So there. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably never come out to my parents either, although some of the more distant relatives already know.

I have spent 10 hours at work today and I am tired, achey, and just "meh".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I will never be coming out to my parents, so this suggestion is void. So there. :p:
    Not even to invite them to our wedding? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    mashed potato footballs.

i am slowly getting more nutritious stuff in me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I had to go to work hence my lack of presence..

I see some of you are talking about coming out to parents, I don't think I'm gonna do that either. Unless, ofc I find a girl really special that I want to be with for a long time. Cos then it's kinda a big deal.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.