Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkxxx)
    Hey guys

I had to go to work hence my lack of presence..

I see some of you are talking about coming out to parents, I don't think I'm gonna do that either. Unless, ofc I find a girl really special that I want to be with for a long time. Cos then it's kinda a big deal.
    Fair enough; I came out to mine 'cause I knew they'd be fine with it, and also since being single since coming out wasn't really the plan two years ago. :P: Also I told my friends (which was a Good Thing, even if just because it got me out of the endless 'rate her' conversations), and I wouldn't have liked my parents to find out from someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Fair enough; I came out to mine 'cause I knew they'd be fine with it, and also since being single since coming out wasn't really the plan two years ago. :P: Also I told my friends (which was a Good Thing, even if just because it got me out of the endless 'rate her' conversations), and I wouldn't have liked my parents to find out from someone else.
    That's a good point. Although none of my friends would tell anyone soo..

I'm tempted to tell them before uni, since I'm probably gonna be telling people AT uni. But I think because I'm bi and not a lesbian it's different in that I could still end up with a guy so why put them through the whole "My daughter just came out" thing to go back to a guy?

ReputationRep:
    I've already come out to a few friends, I will to the rest at some point. I don't intend to tell my parents until if/when I get a boyfriend. Until then I don't think it's any of their business to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I am a bad person. Do not give me alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    What did you do? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Any particular reason?

I currently have a picture on my wall of a line of cans of, in order: Vodka & Coke, Vodka & Cranberry, Vodka & Tonic, Rum & Coke, Gin & Tonic, Gin & Slimline Tonic, Bourbon & Coke, and Pimm's & Lemonade. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I always tell people that but they never listen to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    What did you do? :p:
    Something my boyfriend would not be happy with.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, not great.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch... Learn to control yourself.

I'm on a bit of a downer right now - these last few days have been a particularly violent roller coaster ride. I need to find something worthwhile to occupy my time since I'm always like this when I'm left for several hours on my own and over think things.

I could go outside and look for shooting stars.

ReputationRep:
    G'night, gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piprod01)
    Ouch... Learn to control yourself.

I'm on a bit of a downer right now - these last few days have been a particularly violent roller coaster ride. I need to find something worthwhile to occupy my time since I'm always like this when I'm left for several hours on my own and over think things.

I could go outside and look for shooting stars.
    I know.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone makes mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Not even to invite them to our wedding? :eek3:
    Haha. Not even for that I'm afraid :p: At some point in the next two or three years I'm going to change address and not tell them, and that'll be the end of that.

ReputationRep:
    I've done very little, productively, for about 3 months. Not been out much, the days are so repetitive - living in the middle of nowhere sucks, what am I 6/7 miles from anything better to do (?).

I just got to the stage where I get ready to go out nearly every day, not to actually go anywhere but just to feel better about myself.

Well, at least I've spent some of my days expanding my music collection and relied I have a much bigger fetish for Indie Rock and Electronic than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    I am so freaking bored right now.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

ReputationRep:
    Does you lab have any virulent diseases you can put in her water bath that will infect her for next time? Sounds like an unpleasant individual.
    Sadly only lenti- and adenoviruses, which are a bit pants :p: Although whilst by boss is away all next week, I'm the authorized holder of the key to the poisons cabinet, where they keep all the deadly neurotoxins Trouble is though, that waterbath is shared by a really cute guy, so I wouldn't want to get rid of him too lol.

Thankfully that woman is in the minority, there are only one or two people like that, the majority of them are lovely

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say,

the taste in your mouth as the scab forms after a tonsillectomy is utterly RANK.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ugh school for the last time in two days D:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.