Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It's not well publicised at all! I've followed absolutely everything Labour has done for the past year and it's not come up once, even amongst the tories-are-gay-haters controversies that peppered the run up to the election...
    Must just be me, then.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I was just about ready to crawl into bed but I just realized I have a stack of dishes to do >< ****sticks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure I knew Mandelson was gay, although I'm much of a follower of politics. He's looking good for a 56-year-old. :p:

Anyway, g'night, gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    I'm fairly sure I knew Mandelson was gay, although I'm much of a follower of politics. He's looking good for a 56-year-old. :p:

Anyway, g'night, gays.
    He's evil incarnate. The only reason he isn't in The Conservative Party, is because he's gay.
    Also, enjoy Prague.

ReputationRep:
    It does show to me one of the reasons I like the Labour party so much. For a period of several months, the second most powerful person in the country was gay, and they didn't brag about it or make a big deal over it. Whereas the tories put on a fan fare for every gay supporter they manage to trawl, and the government (and the media) is going crazy over having a liberal as the second most powerful person in the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Gays, I've just had the shock of the year.

I just found out that Lord Mandelson is gay :lolwut:

Not the sort of thing you expect from the Sith, really.
    :lolwut:

How have I not heard this before??

ReputationRep:
    I found out he was gay from first hand experience.

:top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)

You schlaagg.
    If in doubt, say it like a cockney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    I just trimmed my chest hair for the first time. I look so different

What's everyone up to? I have made the possibly silly mistake of getting back into WoW with my awesome lesbian sister, but alas, this summer has proven to be ridiculously boring for me.

No way What are you up to there? You just missed the Street Parade... it was pretty crazy, 444 people sent to hospital, 2/3rds because of drug related incidents! And the costumes were absolutely hilarious! I'm glad I didnt actually bother to take part in it.

EDIT: Just kind of assumed you didn't go, but it's possible you did, woops :blush:
    WoW. <3
    Class? Race?

Ps. HEY GUYS. I really ought to stop sporadically posting "hello" and its variants in here... nevertheless, hi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    WoW. <3
    Class? Race?

Ps. HEY GUYS. I really ought to stop sporadically posting "hello" and its variants in here... nevertheless, hi!
    Female tauren warrior I'm tanking for my sister, hehe. Y tu?

(Original post by Laertes)
    You schlaagg.
    If in doubt, say it like a cockney.
    How dare you assume I partook in such debaucherous behaviour, young man!

(:perv:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Female tauren warrior I'm tanking for my sister, hehe. Y tu?

How dare you assume I partook in such debaucherous behaviour, young man!

(:perv:)
    Female draenei shaman! (Healer, heheee). Although, I kinda stopped raiding and stuff cause it bored me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    Female draenei shaman! (Healer, heheee). Although, I kinda stopped raiding and stuff cause it bored me.
    Oooh that's exactly what I was actually gonna roll, but then I remembered how more I liked the Horde! I know what you mean about raiding, I used to raid (too much ) when I was like 16 and WoW not only ruined my life but became ridiculously boring. So now I'm playing it casually and exploring all the new content before the new expansion It's taking *ages* to download though :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Oooh that's exactly what I was actually gonna roll, but then I remembered how more I liked the Horde! I know what you mean about raiding, I used to raid (too much ) when I was like 16 and WoW not only ruined my life but became ridiculously boring. So now I'm playing it casually and exploring all the new content before the new expansion It's taking *ages* to download though :dry:
    Haha, the new content looks sweet. I don't know anyone of my friends who play it, I thought more people would be into it. Yeah, I find the game, at least for me, becomes massively unappealing when I'm playing alone, I much prefer playing it with someone else, it just makes the experience more fun. I might get back into it. But, yeah, it takes about 456 years to download the damn thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)

Mandelson used his hand on you. :eek3: :p:

Or did you have a threesome with Mandelson and his boyfriend Reinaldo da Silva? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    :lolwut:

How have I not heard this before??
    You didn't know 'Mandy' was gay? You must be the last gay to find out :teehee:

He 'came out' by recognizing his relationship 10 years ago! Oh deary me. You do you know Tony Blair is bisexual right? . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    You didn't know 'Mandy' was gay? You must be the last gay to find out :teehee:

He 'came out' by recognizing his relationship 10 years ago! Oh deary me. You do you know Tony Blair is bisexual right? . . .
    In fairness I generally don't give a toss about politics :fyi:

And yeah 10 years ago I was 12. If I don't care about that kind of stuff now I really didn't back then :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It does show to me one of the reasons I like the Labour party so much. For a period of several months, the second most powerful person in the country was gay, and they didn't brag about it or make a big deal over it. Whereas the tories put on a fan fare for every gay supporter they manage to trawl, and the government (and the media) is going crazy over having a liberal as the second most powerful person in the country.
    The Labour party could hardly boast about it for fear of it re-igniting the row of Mandelson getting a British passport for his long-term partner and the involvement in the Hinduja affair. Senior LGBT MPs have unfortunately hot always covered themselves in glory - Ron Davies losing official papers whilst cruising on Clapham Common for example.

Liberal Democrats for all their protestations of tolerance do not seem entirely welcoming. The outing of Simon Hughes was very distasteful and there has not been much support for David Laws. We best not mention Mark Oaten.

Of the currently openly LGBT 22 MPs - 10 are Conservative, 8 Labour and 4 Lib Dem. There were certainly homophobic elements in the Conservative party in the 1980s - but they also existed very strongly in the Labour party too.

I could go on for ages - I hate debating in LGBT chat as it is supposed to be fun - but it is one of my great irritations when the Conservative party is portrayed so unfairly as the homophobic party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    What the ****?

(Original post by Ataloss)
    I could go on for ages - I hate debating in LGBT chat as it is supposed to be fun - but it is one of my great irritations when the Conservative party is portrayed so unfairly as the homophobic party.
    It's not an unfair portrayal though, the Conservative Party's voting record on gay rights/issues is ******* terrible. Of the main three, they are the homophobic party. That said though, they do appear to be getting better, ever so slowly.

(Original post by paddy)
    In fairness I generally don't give a toss about politics :fyi:

And yeah 10 years ago I was 12. If I don't care about that kind of stuff now I really didn't back then :nah:
    I feel like I should make an old-man joke but nothing is springing to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    What the ****?

It's not an unfair portrayal though, the Conservative Party's voting record on gay rights/issues is ******* terrible. Of the main three, they are the homophobic party. That said though, they do appear to be getting better, ever so slowly.

I feel like I should make an old-man joke but nothing is springing to mind.
    22 is not old :dry:

And tory-bashing irritates the **** out of me. I'm an independent so I like to keep open minded, but the amount of utter vitriol I saw on facebook during the election towards the Tories was ridiculous. People say that young Tories are just voting the same as their mummies and daddies, but from what I read it seemed that most people had no idea about the policies and issues in question.

And SERIOUSLY. Take a look at America. The bloody Democrats are more conservative than our Conservatives, and the Republicans are more like the BNP. And now there are Lib Dem supporters who are turning against their party because of the coalition. WTF. So you would have preferred a pure Tory government or some sort of limbo where there was no governing party despite the UK's rather urgent debt situation?

I just cannot understand how people in the UK can get so worked up over this. People need to chill the **** out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    The Labour party could hardly boast about it for fear of it re-igniting the row of Mandelson getting a British passport for his long-term partner and the involvement in the Hinduja affair. Senior LGBT MPs have unfortunately hot always covered themselves in glory - Ron Davies losing official papers whilst cruising on Clapham Common for example.

Liberal Democrats for all their protestations of tolerance do not seem entirely welcoming. The outing of Simon Hughes was very distasteful and there has not been much support for David Laws. We best not mention Mark Oaten.

Of the currently openly LGBT 22 MPs - 10 are Conservative, 8 Labour and 4 Lib Dem. There were certainly homophobic elements in the Conservative party in the 1980s - but they also existed very strongly in the Labour party too.

Ditto what Laertes said. Labour are the champions of gay rights in this country, the Tories are the homophobic party. And it doesn't matter to me what Labour's past is - practically no one is around from the 1980s, and they showed they had changed from 2000 onwards. The Tory party didn't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.