Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I still come to these forums (probably for this thread alone) because of most of the people here are tossers. They're either homophobic or hate fat people or hate Islam or assume that everyone is a naive 17 year old with no clue about the world. I don't need advice from jumped up aresholes!

Lol.

How are we all today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I don't think I'll ever be off it?
    It was only aged 20 I had any strange desires :p:, so you can't exactly forget 7 years of unadulterated womanising .

I'm on the fence for life I'd guess
    Lol don't worry I'm just taking the piss! So you're bi then, or "straight but with certain tendencies"? :p:

Don't worry about not answering, I'm just nosey :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetnesspink)
    I don't know why I still come to these forums (probably for this thread alone) because of most of the people here are tossers. They're either homophobic or hate fat people or hate Islam or assume that everyone is a naive 17 year old with no clue about the world. I don't need advice from jumped up aresholes!

Lol.

How are we all today?
    You should stay away from the Investment Banking subforum then :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    I believe the technical term is 'denial'.
    Are you trying to tell us you're not really bi? :eek:

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Oooh, what yer gonna get?
    No idea >< I really liked how I had it cut last time, in a sort of 1920s style, but that required reasonable effort to style daily. If I ever get round to getting it cut I may just get it really short for minimal effort, but then I always think it looks rubbish. Alternatively I may just continue to put it off and wear my bandana for a few more months :p:

(Original post by paddy)
    I have to do research for work. I friggin' hate research :dry:
    I love doing research ^^ It's always more fun when my lab procedures go wrong, because then I get to read literature and troubleshoot them hehe.
    Although that said, today I'm being a bit lazy. I decided to run a NanoDrop assay to figure out why my genotyping didn't work yesterday, but after getting all the data I couldn't be bothered to analyze them so I'm giving all my results to Chris to interpret for me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Are you trying to tell us you're not really bi? :eek:
    The easiest answer to that, is I'm bi but it's complicated.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays, I have had a good morning wandering around Prague. Meeting my friend shortly, which will hopefully be good.

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Someone's face can be the best part of the body, I think. A wonderful smile, nice eyes ... *heart stops beating*
    Nicely put. Faces ftw.

(Original post by Reformed2010)
    Ok admittedly growing up I was victim to the trend of describing things negative as gay craze. I did it for years without thinking twice. However after hearing people use it in this way very recently, both on the internet and off it. I've started to get really pissed about it. As a black guy I've had a few black family members and friends who use the forbidden N word in conversations. I've always reacted very angrily to them for having to resort to using the word. My response to their typical 'its just a word!' and 'it means nothing when we say it to each other, chill blood'. Is that it is a word easily avoidable, your just being damn lazy and purposefully being insensitive to anyone but yourself.

Now with the word gay used in a pejorative way, I've come to realise its just the same. Maybe slightly worst because with the N word you KNOW when not to say it at the very minimum. Spotting a person of colour is easy, so the first hurdle is clear. The second one is knowing if the non-black people around you will equally react just as angry. However knowing when a friend is gay is near impossible. Having known a close friend who went through a very traumatic coming out experience, that almost led to him being financially and physically hurt by his own parents. I've come to realise not only are people already out and proud maybe offended by my pejorative use of the word gay. But also and more importantly, its only going to add to the fear and isolation that is felt by those still trapped and locked away in the closet. To use it in this way, I've come to realise is insensitive, immature.

So yeah that is my long winded way of saying, from this day I am never using the word gay in that way.
    I don't use 'gay' as a pejorative, and I generally try to stop my friends doing the same. To be fair to them, it's not used with malicious intent, or even with a link to the meaning 'homosexual', but it's still a meaning I'd rather it didn't have, so I do my bit to reduce its usage.

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    On another note: I have a slight headache. I think I drank a bit too much. I can remember karaoke (Like A Virgin) and kissing the cutest/hottest girl I've ever met. But only very shortly because we got interrupted. :rolleyes: :mad:
    Sounds like you drank the right amount. Although you should slap whoever interupted you.

Someone's been absorbing Facebook terminology. :p:

But yeah, stop with all this silly 'I like girls' nonsense. It's just a phase. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    For srs.

(Original post by dbmag9)
    Someone's been absorbing Facebook terminology. :p:
    :mfing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey gays, I have had a good morning wandering around Prague. Meeting my friend shortly, which will hopefully be good.

Sounds like you drank the right amount. Although you should slap whoever interupted you.
    Have fun in Prague and meeting your friend! :yep:

Stupid McDonald's worker. :rolleyes:
    I shall work up the courage to kiss her again. We will meet up again soon. :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    How is everyone? I have reached a stage where only the words '**** my life' can really describe it. I'm actually thinking of getting myself sectioned -.-

ReputationRep:
    Oh... I got warned I was doing so well.......

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh... I got warned I was doing so well.......

:p:
    What did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    How is everyone? I have reached a stage where only the words '**** my life' can really describe it. I'm actually thinking of getting myself sectioned -.-
    :hugs:

Sorry you not feeling so good. Hope things get better soon.

ReputationRep:
    What did you do?
    Someone made an attention whoring thread about how they're a size 12-14 and aren't fat, and we can look at their profile pic if we don't believe her.....which was her in underwear.

So I told her it was an interesting way to attention seek.

And, as a member of the national obesity society, I felt it was my duty to call her fatty.

Apparently this is offensive? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Someone made an attention whoring thread about how they're a size 12-14 and aren't fat, and we can look at their profile pic if we don't believe her.....which was her in underwear.

So I told her it was an interesting way to attention seek.

And, as a member of the national obesity society, I felt it was my duty to call her fatty.

Apparently this is offensive? :confused:
    Haha, I would consider that worth it. I wouldn't say it's offensive though.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I would consider that worth it. I wouldn't say it's offensive though.
    How can I be offensive to fat people when I'm fat too?

ReputationRep:
    15 pages and 8 and a half thousand words. This is right now the longest document I've ever written, and I'm not halfway through.

ReputationRep:
    How can I be offensive to fat people when I'm fat too?
    Did you try that argument with the mod? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did you try that argument with the mod? :p:
    Last time I issued any form of defence against a warning, I got more...

ReputationRep:
    Robert Pattinson topped a list of sexiest men. ******* terrible list.

Last time I issued any form of defence against a warning, I got more...
    Fair enough, then.

I get my results tomorrow :awesome:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.