The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8460
Woo, I have train reservations for most of the way to Istanbul and back to Vienna. :woo:

Now I just have to book hostels, look up currency I'll need, pray that getting a Turkish tourist visa is as simple as I've heard... :sigh:
KiraMayz
Should have done better. And imperial and bristol couldn't offer me a place on their aero eng course :frown:

oh well.

everything going ok for you?

that's a shame, I know how it feels to be turned down, me myself really wanted to get into my firm choice and it took the past two days to slowly come to the acceptance that Im just not good enough, yet :p: even though I had known it all along.
so what's your final decision?
things are pretty standard here for me, dysfunctional body clock and all that. Im going to a karaoke night tomorrow though, with two friends who promised to be dragqueens for the night :p:
Reply 8462
Dark matter and dark energy are such frustrating concepts. I understand that it helps make an astrophysicist's life easier, but I find it depressing because it's not real science. In chemistry and biology, scientists are never making up strange theories so it helps everything to make sense. But in physics, scientists never hesitate to make up something so it fits with data and equations. I feel like it makes physics a much less credible science and that physicists are seriously wasting so much of their time on something they cannot even prove or detect, even with the most extreme of conditions and advanced equipment.
trm90
Dark matter and dark energy are such frustrating concepts. I understand that it helps make an astrophysicist's life easier, but I find it depressing because it's not real science. In chemistry and biology, scientists are never making up strange theories so it helps everything to make sense. But in physics, scientists never hesitate to make up something so it fits with data and equations. I feel like it makes physics a much less credible science and that physicists are seriously wasting so much of their time on something they cannot even prove or detect, even with the most extreme of conditions and advanced equipment.

It's kinda how thoretical physics works. Many times an untestable theory has latter been proved to be correct by experiment. In fact that is a bit of a problem with my theory. While my theory isn't complete yet it does seem to have the same effects as the dark matter and dark energy theory. Obviously I have to find a difference so the theory is testable.
Reply 8464
Woo, have booked hostels for Sofia, Istanbul and Vienna. :woo:

DayneD89
It's kinda how thoretical physics works. Many times an untestable theory has latter been proved to be correct by experiment. In fact that is a bit of a problem with my theory. While my theory isn't complete yet it does seem to have the same effects as the dark matter and dark energy theory. Obviously I have to find a difference so the theory is testable.

:p:
dbmag9
:p:

I meant it's untestable at the time. We have so far failed to find any evidence for Dark matter or dark energy, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't in the future. Would destroy my theory if they did though :s-smilie:
gangstermidget
that's a shame, I know how it feels to be turned down, me myself really wanted to get into my firm choice and it took the past two days to slowly come to the acceptance that Im just not good enough, yet :p: even though I had known it all along.
so what's your final decision?
things are pretty standard here for me, dysfunctional body clock and all that. Im going to a karaoke night tomorrow though, with two friends who promised to be dragqueens for the night :p:

aww. :lovehug:

Well... if you don't mind me saying, the Chinese are at good at science, engineering, and mathematics, and they're hot.

In other news, Durham university have offered me a place on their aeronautical engineering course. :eek3: Surprising, since I called up the engineering department yesterday and simply asked for an unconditional offer. :p:

Still :woo:
Reply 8467
KiraMayz

In other news, Durham university have offered me a place on their aeronautical engineering course. :eek3: Surprising, since I called up the engineering department yesterday and simply asked for an unconditional offer. :p:

That's pretty awesome :biggrin:
KiraMayz
aww. :lovehug:

Well... if you don't mind me saying, the Chinese are at good at science, engineering, and mathematics, and they're hot.

congratulation! :biggrin:
well not all of us, it's more or less just a 'true' stereotype, and I'm not hot, shamefully :p:
I emailed my Uni to ask about reapplication and they just simply told me not to :unimpressed:
well, not like they can stop me anyways :p:
You're going to be building the Noah's Ark when it comes to 2012, in Tibet

P.S: Im not a bible believer and 2012 is the worst film, ever :getmecoat:
Guys, I'm bored. Give me something to read! :frown:
Reply 8470
laughingwithpicasso

This blog is pretty cool; a philosophical disection of crappy arguments.
gangstermidget
congratulation! :biggrin:
well not all of us, it's more or less just a 'true' stereotype, and I'm not hot, shamefully :p:
I emailed my Uni to ask about reapplication and they just simply told me not to :unimpressed:
well, not like they can stop me anyways :p:
You're going to be building the Noah's Ark when it comes to 2012, in Tibet

P.S: Im not a bible believer and 2012 is the worst film, ever :getmecoat:

Perhaps try a different college. :unsure:

I'm still determined to make it into imperial. I'm gonna reapply to imperial once I've joined Durham.
Reply 8472
laughingwithpicasso

Why read when you can watch Big Brother??
Reply 8473
Ash_D
Why read when you can watch Big Brother??

:hmmm:
Reply 8474
dbmag9
:hmmm:

Or he could multitask and do both. I'd watch big brother.
Reply 8475
Ash_D
Or he could multitask and do both. I'd watch big brother.

Big Brother always seems pretty dull to me, sorry. Although what do I know, I'm sitting in a hostel rather than wandering Prague in the middle of the night (or sleeping).

Looks like I have my 8-bed room to myself for the second night running. :p:
Reply 8476
Big Brother is an abomination unto God, I mean, humanity.
Reply 8477
dbmag9
Looks like I have my 8-bed room to myself for the second night running. :p:

Seems like a 'run around naked' moment...have fun with it.

Laertes
Big Brother is an abomination unto God, I mean, humanity.

I like to use the term 'show of epic proportions'
Bed time! Night night, gay people. x
Reply 8479
i refuse to be stuck in bed conscious for three hours again. I will stay up for as long as I possibly can. Then be woken up at 7am by the light and have an even worse day tomorrow. But at least I won't have to lie in bed waiting to go to sleep.

Latest