Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LGBT Chat #6 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    i refuse to be stuck in bed conscious for three hours again. I will stay up for as long as I possibly can. Then be woken up at 7am by the light and have an even worse day tomorrow. But at least I won't have to lie in bed waiting to go to sleep.
    Worst thing ever. Sometimes my brain just will not shut up. Stupid brain.

ReputationRep:
    What to do? I have nothing to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    Perhaps try a different college. :unsure:

I'm still determined to make it into imperial. I'm gonna reapply to imperial once I've joined Durham.
    Can you actually do that? :???:
    If so I might settle with St Andrews and reapply while I'm there

ReputationRep:
    I am going to Soho tonighttttt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Worst thing ever. Sometimes my brain just will not shut up. Stupid brain.
    Uggh I know what you mean And you keep thinking 'this is it! I'm falling asleep!' then BAM your thoughts are going off an unnecessary tangent again. I tried counting sheep the other day and it actually almost worked, but alas, I instead spent the next hour reading maths and TSR.

ReputationRep:
    True Blood

is so awesome. So. So awesome.

:wavey:

ReputationRep:
    10 days till I head back to leicester land to get the keys for my new house!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstermidget)
    If so I might settle with St Andrews and reapply while I'm there
    Sounds like a plan :yep:

(Original post by gangstermidget)
    Can you actually do that? :???:
    Yep. Just join the university you have a place at, and then submit a UCAS application for 2011 entry. Although, you have to contact the admissions tutor(s) at the universities you want to reapply to and ask them if they will accept a UCAS application if you are already a student at another university.

I've now ended up with 3 university offers I'll probably decline my engineering place at Durham and join Chemistry at imperial. Then reapply for aero eng. I'm still determined to do aero eng at Bristol/Imperial. :unimpressed:

Good luck anyways.

(Original post by The Original Me)
    What to do? I have nothing to do!
    Listen to the Birthday Massacre. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Off on a very long train to Sofia shortly, wish me luck.

(Original post by Ash_D)
    Seems like a 'run around naked' moment...have fun with it.
    Nah, there was a fairly large window to the courtyard you walk through to get in; I don't mind people seeing me naked, but it's probably not a great idea to show myself off to the tramps of Prague. Some Vietnamese guy came in at 7am, and the sight of my naked body would probably have traumatised him. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    True Blood

is so awesome. So. So awesome.

:wavey:
    :yep:

I must catch up on the last two weeks- having younger family members around and parents for that matter, is not ideal when watching true blood lol

ReputationRep:
    The new series has been disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    I started on the new (3rd) season this morning :yep:

I never used to find aleksander skarsgard attractive, but now...

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theatre_student)
    :yep:

I must catch up on the last two weeks- having younger family members around and parents for that matter, is not ideal when watching true blood lol
    True blood virgin. Only on the first couple episodes of the first season. :woo:

Spoiler:
    Show
    You're right. There is a lot of sex. Not necessarily a bad thing. :ninja:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Never watched true blood. What is it actually about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Never watched true blood. What is it actually about?
    Its based on a series of books by Charlene Harris I think. Basically vampires decide to make themselves known to the human world "coming out of the coffin" as they call it :p: it focuses on the main character Sookie Stackhouse who lives in the deep south (I think) and her relationship with a vampire she meets in the bar where she works- and the sort of trouble the vampires being exposed to society would bring.

it's very good you should definitely give it a go :yep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Theatre_student)
    Its based on a series of books by Charlene Harris I think. Basically vampires decide to make themselves known to the human world "coming out of the coffin" as they call it :p: it focuses on the main character Sookie Stackhouse who lives in the deep south (I think) and her relationship with a vampire she meets in the bar where she works- and the sort of trouble the vampires being exposed to society would bring.

it's very good you should definitely give it a go :yep:
    Wow, that sounds like my ex's wet dream I bet she watches that then.

ReputationRep:

<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I started on the new (3rd) season this morning :yep:

I never used to find aleksander skarsgard attractive, but now...

:coma:
    How could you not find him attractive? Were you blind for a spell? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hola everyone, back from Spain

I unofficially became the main spanish speaker/ translator for us :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    Yep. Just join the university you have a place at, and then submit a UCAS application for 2011 entry. Although, you have to contact the admissions tutor(s) at the universities you want to reapply to and ask them if they will accept a UCAS application if you are already a student at another university.

I've now ended up with 3 university offers I'll probably decline my engineering place at Durham and join Chemistry at imperial. Then reapply for aero eng. I'm still determined to do aero eng at Bristol/Imperial. :unimpressed:
    Isn't that a huge waste of money, doing a year of a degree while you're reapplying? Would it not be easier to take a gap year and reapply?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.