Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    I've never seen a musical play, the mere thought of doing so makes me scared if not slightly sick. I've had a few opportunities, but always turned them down. Bring on the haters.:p:

The water boarded victims of guantanamo bay and I have something in common. We both have lived through torture. After I was coerced into watching Hairspray the film.
    Why scared? Michael Ball is terrifying, yes, but he isn't in every musical.

Hairspray isn't one of my favourites, but I wouldnt equate it to torture. Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat, now that's musical theatre tortute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    To get a good job in the US you need to be a US citizen. But to be a US citizen you either need to have a sham marriage or live there, without work apparently, for five years straight. Why can't the UK have better places for me to work ¬.¬
    I KNOW. It sucks. I want to go work in New York :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    Why scared? Michael Ball is terrifying, yes, but he isn't in every musical.

Hairspray isn't one of my favourites, but I wouldnt equate it to torture. Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat, now that's musical theatre tortute.
    My worst nightmare would be my dream date wanting to see that above doing anything else. But then would he be my dream date? Paradox, ooooh.

I love music, singing, films and have seen a fair few shows. For some reason, when all three or four are combined it does something to me that I don't like. Having spent years however, going to a school for drama, acting and singing. I am surprised I turned out like this myself.

(Original post by Crisps)
    I've seen you topless, and I disagree with that comment completely :p:
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    I've seen you topless, and I disagree with that comment completely :p:
    you crazy boy.

ReputationRep:
    4 days till I get the keys to my house in LE2!!! I'm tempted to stay in leicester until leicester pride but in a house with no electricity or gas I'll probably die.

ReputationRep:
    My worst nightmare would be my dream date wanting to see that above doing anything else. But then would he be my dream date? Paradox, ooooh.
    Enjoyment of Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals is basically a dealbreaker for me (with a few exceptions: Phantom, Sunset Boulevard, Evita and bits of Love Never Dies). You can't trust a man with taste that awful.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyment of Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals is basically a dealbreaker for me (with a few exceptions: Phantom, Sunset Boulevard, Evita and bits of Love Never Dies). You can't trust a man with taste that awful.
    :curious: Pot. Kettle. Black.

It's like being homophobic only to those people who are attracted to blonde hair. (On people of the same sex as themselves).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    :curious: Pot. Kettle. Black.

It's like being homophobic only to those people who are attracted to blonde hair. (On people of the same sex as themselves).
    I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek there.

ReputationRep:
    I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek there.
    I didn't notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I didn't notice
    yeah, I'm not quite so shallow as to completely dismiss a guy because he happens to enjoy Cats.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Sure :p:

And I'm currently looking in to internships at the foreign office. Apparently, they only have opportunities for females, poor people, black and ethnic minority people and disabled people. If they're going to do this thing on the basis of social mobility and handicaps, I demand they recognise the gay social handicap.

Not being serious btw.
    I used to go to school with a girl who genuinely believed that gay people should get disability living allowance because homosexuality was a disease...

ReputationRep:
    I hate the gay scene. Well, not when it comes to gay men, but to gay women.
    :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Wtf did I drink last night? My head hurts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Why? Vice versa for me, although its growing on me very slowly.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gays. Musicals (and poetry, Laertes) are awesome. I'm in Vienna, and walking down the street in a civilised country makes me grin maniacally. I should probably not get on trains for a few more days, at least.

Currently I am hanging around the hostel. My plans for today involve doing laundry, and pretty much nothing else. Not sure whether my power adapter is breaking, or if the plug sockets here are just all a bit crap. There's a 'Queer Guide to Vienna' leaflet by the entrance. :p:

yeah, I'm not quite so shallow as to completely dismiss a guy because he happens to enjoy Cats.:p:
    Is that a subtle reference to something I said a few weeks ago? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Obviously haven't seen me out on the gay scene :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why? Vice versa for me, although its growing on me very slowly.
    It's those endless amounts of talking about people behind their backs. Having something with one person (kissing or whatever) and then you have at least 5 people hating you (not referring to me now). People saying stuff about others that isn't true (for example someone says about me that I'm her ex, but we were never in a relationship! We just kissed and more for a short period of time.). All this drama. All these complications. All this backstabbing. Of the group that I'm in (let's say about 20), I only really feel comfortable with (and I only really like).. 4 or 5.

I know you don't get this **** with gay women only but I just experience it more with them. I'm considering not going to the gay scene at all or very seldomly in Edinburgh.

What about you? Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey gays. Musicals (and poetry, Laertes) are awesome. I'm in Vienna, and walking down the street in a civilised country makes me grin maniacally. I should probably not get on trains for a few more days, at least.

Currently I am hanging around the hostel. My plans for today involve doing laundry, and pretty much nothing else. Not sure whether my power adapter is breaking, or if the plug sockets here are just all a bit crap. There's a 'Queer Guide to Vienna' leaflet by the entrance. :p:
    Whereabouts in Vienna are you staying? When I went we stayed at a Wombats hostel, and they are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: not impressed with the musical hatred here gays, not impressed at. all.

I love them :p: With a few exceptions that is, I can't stand west side story for example..

I think I'm more of a 'modern musical' person, since I haven't actually seen loads of the old classics (I do love sound of music though) :p:

My current obsession musical wise is Legally Blonde. NEVER thought I would hear myself say that because when I first heard that they'd made that into a musical I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever thought that would work. But it does, it really, really does

I don't really get why some people hate musicals but love music :confused: because in terms of the vocals needed to perform musical theatre they are SO much more challenging than a lot what is required of popular artists these days PLUS the fact that you have to sing for two hours + for eight shows a week so you would think that people who are artistic would appreciate musical theatre more based on the fact that just that little bit extra effort and even talent is required to do a musical theatre song justice on the professional circuit.

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to see Chicago live but I'd prefer it if the actors from the film performed it live even though that's unlikely. I popped my musical cherry I was dragged to a musical called 'once on this island' last year it was good but I thought that their interpretation of death was a pirate.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.