Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Provided you take all the precautions and are upfront about it, there's no real problem. People face a massive stigma for being HIV+, and often it's unjustly applied.
    'Taking all the precautions' meaning utilising a non-perfect prevention method. I think, if the 1% chance is of catching a lethal and debilitating disease, that not wanting to sleep with a HIV+ person is a very just opinion.

Social stigma though is unjust, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Barcelonaaaaaa tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    I'm going to Barcelonaaaaaa tomorrow.
    Did you change uni course? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    'Taking all the precautions' meaning utilising a non-perfect prevention method. I think, if the 1% chance is of catching a lethal and debilitating disease, that not wanting to sleep with a HIV+ person is a very just opinion.

I wouldn't turn away someone I really liked just because they were HIV+. Penetrative sex is not the be all and end all, and if a 'mishap' were to occur the chances of contracting the disease are actually relatively slim (dependent on the activity involved) and there is Post Exposure Prophylaxis treatment. Obviously that's not to say I wouldn't be wary about having sex with them, but I certainly wouldn't write them off.

And the attitude of some people that HIV+ people should just stop persuing relationships is saddening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

I wouldn't turn away someone I really liked just because they were HIV+. Penetrative sex is not the be all and end all, and if a 'mishap' were to occur the chances of contracting the disease are actually relatively slim (dependent on the activity involved) and there is Post Exposure Prophylaxis treatment. Obviously that's not to say I wouldn't be wary about having sex with them, but I certainly wouldn't write them off.

And the attitude of some people that HIV+ people should just stop persuing relationships is saddening.

ReputationRep:
    You talking about PEP? Omg I hope i never have to go through it through a needlestick or something.

Haha Ich kann eigentlich nicht schlecht Deutsch - warum willst du dein Deutsch verbessern Gesar? Magst du ein Deutscher im Moment oder so etwas wie?

[I can speak ok German, Why do you want to improve your German Gesar? Do you like a German guy at the moment or something ]

ReputationRep:
    i just got a whole year older

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    Happy birthday

ReputationRep:

If I really liked them I wouldn't turn them away, but in that relationship sex would most definitely be on the back-burner and would come late and infrequently. I would be fine with having a low-sex relationship. Clearly if he wasn't he needs to find someone less scared of contracting a fatal disease. Especially given that if I did catch it, it would be entirely my fault. At least with cancer it's not your fault (if you're reasonably healthy).

I don't think they should stop persuing relationships :dontknow:

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    You talking about PEP? Omg I hope i never have to go through it through a needlestick or something.

Haha Ich kann eigentlich nicht schlecht Deutsch sprechen - warum willst du dein Deutsch verbessern Gesar? Magst du ein Deutscher im Moment oder so etwas wie?

[I can speak ok German, Why do you want to improve your German Gesar? Do you like a German guy at the moment or something ]
    Ich wolle eine Fähigkeit fuer mein CV. Aber im Moment kann ich nur ein Bisschen Deutsch sprechen, und es ist nicht gut genug!

Ich habe deinen Fehler befestigt.

--
    Phew. That was tricky. And god knows how messed up the grammar and endings are. And I wanted to say 'Unfortunately, there is no boy involved' but I had no idea how :p:

'Translation' in case of overzealous mods: 'I wanted a skill for my CV. But I can only speak a bit of German, and it's not good enough! I fixed your error.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    If I really liked them I wouldn't turn them away, but in that relationship sex would most definitely be on the back-burner and would come late and infrequently. I would be fine with having a low-sex relationship. Clearly if he wasn't he needs to find someone less scared of contracting a fatal disease. Especially given that if I did catch it, it would be entirely my fault. At least with cancer it's not your fault (if you're reasonably healthy).

I don't think they should stop persuing relationships :dontknow:

Ich wolle eine Fähigkeit fuer mein CV. Aber im Moment kann ich nur ein Bisschen Deutsch sprechen, und es ist nicht gut genug!

--
    Phew. That was tricky. And god knows how messed up the grammar and endings are. And I wanted to say 'Unfortunately, there is no boy involved' but I had no idea how :p:

Ist ja gar kein Fehler du Penner!
    Frag mal die Deutsche hier wenn du mich nicht glaubst!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that was sudden. Some strange time-dilation effect?

Congrats, anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ist ja gar kein Fehler du Penner!
    Frag mal die Deutsche hier wenn du mich nicht glaubst!
    Way over my head. Had to use google translate. And there was no verb in that sentence I corrected! (Other than kann, but that doesn't count).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Way over my head. Had to use google translate. And there was no verb in that sentence I corrected! (Other than kann, but that doesn't count).
    Do what I told you. I promise you.

If you had a more comfortable handling of German you'd understand babes :p:

I still think you like a German Guy

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen this?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-2063260.html

ReputationRep:

Haha Ich kann eigentlich nicht schlecht Deutsch - warum willst du dein Deutsch verbessern Gesar? Magst du ein Deutscher im Moment oder so etwas wie?

I had a needlestick whilst working in a hospital a few years ago, but thankfully didn't have to go through PEP. I've been told by a few people I know who've gone through it that it was by far the worst month of their lives.

I also want to brush up my German; I've really let it slide since GCSE, despite telling myself I'd keep it up. Now I have a cute guy at work to talk to in German, there's added incentive :p:

ReputationRep:
    This is hilarious :rofl: Is my husband gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Did you change uni course? :confused:
    Nope? I study and always have studied Spanish. :P

ReputationRep:
    This is hilarious :rofl: Is my husband gay?
    I read that last week, more funny than the article are the comments from the author where he attempts to justify it, to a bunch of angry gay people.

ReputationRep:
    Got up this morning, looked at the map, decided I'm going to Venice. :woo:

Was it accompanied by flashing lights, Pokémon-style? :p:

(Original post by Gesar)

--

'Translation' in case of overzealous mods: 'I wanted a skill for my CV. But I can only speak a bit of German, and it's not good enough! I fixed your error.'
    "Leider ist kein Jung involviert", I'd guess. My opinion of my German varies depending on what context I'm in. I keep feeling guilty when I'm not brave enough to use German here in Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Got up this morning, looked at the map, decided I'm going to Venice. :woo:
    Great. City.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.