Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    This is hilarious :rofl: Is my husband gay?
    :rofl:

(Original post by Ash_D)
    Has anyone seen this?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-2063260.html
    I have indeed, and I still find it weird how they aren't treating the case harshly, but then I'm not a lawyer so I have no idea how severe the punishment should be :/

Keep practicing the German people, German guys are worth it :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)

I have indeed, and I still find it weird how they aren't treating the case harshly, but then I'm not a lawyer so I have no idea how severe the punishment should be :/

I just remembered this http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.2fc6bdb.html

I do agree that they should take i alot more seriously, they should of at least given her a jail sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughingwithpicasso)
    Nope? I study and always have studied Spanish. :P
    Oh. Never mind then :p:

(Original post by dbmag9)
    Got up this morning, looked at the map, decided I'm going to Venice. :woo:

Was it accompanied by flashing lights, Pokémon-style? :p:

"Leider ist kein Jung involviert", I'd guess. My opinion of my German varies depending on what context I'm in. I keep feeling guilty when I'm not brave enough to use German here in Vienna.
    Aren't Italian trains not on the inter-rail thingy?

Yeah I suppose it would be something like that. I need more German practise.

And there's no point doing German in Vienna! I ordered something in German and the barmaid replied in english. They just speak much better English than we can German.

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Do what I told you. I promise you.

If you had a more comfortable handling of German you'd understand babes :p:

I still think you like a German Guy
    I checked google translate. The sentence is nonsensical :p:

I don't know any german guys!

ReputationRep:
    This is hilarious :rofl: Is my husband gay?
    9) Travels frequently to big cities or Asia
    Some husbands will spend a great deal of money traveling far from home to hide their deplorable same-sex actions. Big cities offer indulgence of every kind. From gay bars and clubs to prostitutes and sex bathhouses, a man seeking encounters can find them easily if he’s so inclined. Is there ever really a good excuse for a husband to visit Thailand or San Francisco without his wife?
    12) Love of pop culture
    It’s quite common for young men to enjoy the science fiction end of popular culture, but when your husband becomes overly obsessed with romantic and feminine shows, that is cause for alarm. Gossip websites, Glee and The Golden Girls are three well-documented icons of the gay movement that genuine heterosexual men avoid.
    :lolwut:

How is this person not too stupid to function? I am genuinely amazed that he presumably has the mental capacity to do basic functions like walk and breathe :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to San Francisco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Me too! I really want to go to Folsom Street Fair :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I really want to go to Folsom Street Fair :drool:
    I hear all of sorts of ridiculously weird things go on there but it looks like such a strange and exciting place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    :lolwut:

How is this person not too stupid to function? I am genuinely amazed that he presumably has the mental capacity to do basic functions like walk and breathe :mmm:
    It's satire, I'm pretty sure. ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

I checked google translate. The sentence is nonsensical :p:
    Ok firstly I said ask the German GIRL here :p:, she posts a lot.
    Secondly it does make sense - allow Google translate.

Basically in German you "kann" something means you can do it basically.
    So Ich kann Deutsch would translate into English as I can (speak) German. I could of course have written Ich kann...Sprechen - but there's no need

ReputationRep:
    I want to move to New York.

Now, to begin my search for an American willing to have a sham marriage with me :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Ok firstly I said ask the German GIRL here :p:, she posts a lot.
    Secondly it does make sense - allow Google translate.

Basically in German you "kann" something means you can do it basically.
    So Ich kann Deutsch would translate into English as I can (speak) German. I could of course have written Ich kann...Sprechen - but there's no need
    Pfft.

ReputationRep:
    It might be a bit slangy? But who cares I'm not writing an essay lol

ReputationRep:
    I had a (reasonably) old teacher who hadn't lived in Germany for 25-30 odd years, so I learnt very archaic and precise german.

(Well, obviously not archaic, but I certainly didn't learn any slang).

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know this existed.
    hii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I want to move to New York.

Now, to begin my search for an American willing to have a sham marriage with me :holmes:
    You need to find a sympathetic American lesbian. That'd be the easiest way.

ReputationRep:
    You need to find a sympathetic American lesbian. That'd be the easiest way.
    True. Or I could just pay someone :holmes:

*goes to craigslist*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)

(slight caveat in that I know almost nothing about the German legal system) I imagine that she got such a lenient sentence because a) she was tried in a juvenile court because she was 17 when she had sex with the men and b) she'd been told by her doctor at the time that there was pretty much a 0% chance of transmitting HIV. Those seem to have been the mitigating factors taken into account with sentencing.

I wrote a blog post about the law in England and Wales relating to HIV transmission. I feel bad to pimp my blog, but here's a link if anyone's interested.

(Original post by Ash_D)
    I just remembered this http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...t.2fc6bdb.html

I do agree that they should take i alot more seriously, they should of at least given her a jail sentence.
    That's a ridiculously harsh sentence. HIV can't even be transmitted by saliva.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    It can if you have an ulcer or a sore in your mouth. I can understand why someone would be worried if they'd had the saliva spat into their eyes.

The biting thing is worrying. But yes, 35 years or whatever is was is far too harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icysquall)
    (slight caveat in that I know almost nothing about the German legal system) I imagine that she got such a lenient sentence because a) she was tried in a juvenile court because she was 17 when she had sex with the men and b) she'd been told by her doctor at the time that there was pretty much a 0% chance of transmitting HIV. Those seem to have been the mitigating factors taken into account with sentencing.

I wrote a blog post about the law in England and Wales relating to HIV transmission. I feel bad to pimp my blog, but here's a link if anyone's interested.

Not by saliva alone, but there is a theoretical risk of transmission if there are cuts, abrasions or open sores in the mouth and the infected fluid reaches a mucous membrane in a similar condition. As far as I'm aware, there has never been a case of transmission by that method however.

Total overreaction in that case^ though.

EDIT: Re-read the article (only skim read before posting), actually not that harsh. It seems he was deliberately terrorising with the threat of infection, that's a different story altogether, coupled with violent outbursts etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    True. Or I could just pay someone :holmes:

*goes to craigslist*
    Ah, Craigslist, providing slightly shady solutions since 1995.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.