Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zakiman)
    Get infront of the mirror and get your camera out :p:
    Perv :hmmm:

Tit for tat!

(Original post by icysquall)
    Where are they from? I need (well, more want at this point) a new suit for when I'm applying for jobs and such after Christmas.
    Where are my ****-me jeans from or where are my suits from?

The suits are sadly not quite as well fitting as the jeans :no:

ReputationRep:
    Oh... I had a pretty weird dream. It was some kind of game, a little like lazer-tag game, except it went on for a lot longer and there is an actual story line and you could use other attacks like kicking. Well anyway; one of the better bits was when Brad Pitt was running up a tall slide - you know, the tube ones - and I ran up the stairs with an award for him. But I didn't see him get out... there were other dudes fighting, one was really hot. So I punched the guy he was fighting in the face, and kissed the hawt dude! x3 Then I jumped on his back for a piggy back, and kick people who get too close. (Creepy thing about this; I'm pretty sure I modelled him on a reconstruction of a murder(?) victim from 1978, that I looked at just before I fell asleep). Then he left. And worse, there was CCTV everywhere and a ton of people watched it... I kept the award btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Where are my ****-me jeans from or where are my suits from?

The suits are sadly not quite as well fitting as the jeans :no:
    Well, both really. Though I don't think ****-me jeans would be appropriate for job interviews. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i should go to the gym. But I'm tired. Urgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    i should go to the gym. But I'm tired. Urgh.
    If you picture yourself at the gym enough you'll believe you've been. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_D)
    If you picture yourself at the gym enough you'll believe you've been. Problem solved.
    I heard something similar to that too, on a documentary by Prof. Robert Winston - even if it's only about half as effective.

ReputationRep:
    Well, both really. Though I don't think ****-me jeans would be appropriate for job interviews. :p:
    The suits are from Topman :erm: I really don't like Topman, but I needed cheap suits :sadnod:

The jeans are from Abercrombie. They're fairly expensive but I always order them from the US for cheaps :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_D)
    I've been to the gym

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    The suits are from Topman :erm: I really don't like Topman, but I needed cheap suits :sadnod:

The jeans are from Abercrombie. They're fairly expensive but I always order them from the US for cheaps :yy:
    how do you manage to order from the us website ?!

ReputationRep:
    how do you manage to order from the us website ?!
    IP blocking software :cool:

The US site always has a clearance section as well. I'm pretty sure that they stopped allowing international clearance purchases because of all the spending I did! I got a denim jacket for $29, 2 pair of jeans for $29 and $39, 2 pairs of shorts for $29, a few long sleeved tops for $19, and the occasional hoodie, all from A&F :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

The US site always has a clearance section as well. I'm pretty sure that they stopped allowing international clearance purchases because of all the spending I did! I got a denim jacket for $29, 2 pair of jeans for $29 and $39, 2 pairs of shorts for $29, a few long sleeved tops for $19, and the occasional hoodie, all from A&F :mmm:
    How much did the shipping set you back though?

ReputationRep:
    Piprod 1 - Wasp nest 0
    I'm a winnar! :3
    I hate wasps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

so jealous !! how much was postage and import charges ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    How much did the shipping set you back though?
    Around $45? Considering the difference in price (especially when you still could ship clearance items internationally) it still works out substantially cheaper :yep:

ReputationRep:
    so jealous !! how much was postage and import charges ?
    Postage was $45ish (depends on each order innit) and import tax was around 15% (I bought most of this either last year or had it sent to my aunt who lives in New York).

I love shopping online :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Postage was $45ish (depends on each order innit) and import tax was around 15% (I bought most of this either last year or had it sent to my aunt who lives in New York).

I love shopping online :suith:
    ouch primark for Tyler haha.

Just used up the abercrombie gift card my aunt gave me though so my new hoody and tee will have to satisfy my cravings for now lol

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* Another week over and done with. I can't wait until I move into my new flat, hopefully then I won't be so tired after work >< I'm going Zorbing this weekend though!

(Original post by gangstermidget)
    Jonne Aaron from Negative anyone? :coma:
    Eh, closer to my sort of guy than most of the guys people post in this thread, but he's just a bit too girly for me :p:

(Original post by KiraMayz)
    I think Ville Valo is sexier :unsure:
    Ville Valo is pretty tasty, even if he is waaay too skinny lol.

(Original post by dbmag9)
    Grr, it irritates me when people use 'gelato' as though it's a different thing to ice cream. It's just a different language's word for the same thing. :mad:
    To be fair, gelato is subtly different to standard ice cream. the flavours are usually more intense, it's often creamier and it almost always contains stuff like whole chocolates, candied fruit, nuts, etc. True, you could refer to it as "Italian style icecream" but it's just easier to say gelato :p:

(Original post by Laertes)
    I ain't jealous of dresses (I love suits), there are just certain types of female fashion that I am jealous of. Or, more to the point, am jealous that you can wear it.
    I'm always kinda jealous at the variety that girls have. For guys it's always pretty much a variation on "jeans/combats and tshirt" for casual or a suit for smart. Smart-casual always annoys me as well, for girls it's easy, for guys, not so much.

(Original post by Gesar)
    I've finished

85 and a bit pages
    49,571 words
    177 citations
    References to more than 30 different ancient historical volumes by 20+ authors
    200+ biblical quotes, including original Greek and Hebrew in places for comparison and re-translation.

Phew. Never again.
    Congrats! *applause* Are you going to publish it somewhere?

(Original post by paddy)
    My favourite item of clothing are my ****-me jeans. They look so good :sexface:
    I'm going to need photographic proof!

(Original post by dbmag9)
    Ack, I need to figure out where I'm going next, seeing as I should be leaving today.
    Throw a dart at a map!

ReputationRep:
    Grr, just burnt my iced buns. I was sitting literally three feet from the oven the whole time they were in there. The inside tastes ok (though not very lemony) so I've whipped up another batch of dough, just need to not let them burn to a crisp this time.

My awesome potential househusband credentials are slipping, I'm normally good at baking. (though this is the first time i've made dough by hand, I normally cheat and use the mixer)

Should add that I'm sitting in the kitchen waiting for the dough to rise and singing along to Chicago. I would have been burnt at the stake had i been born at some earlier point in time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Barcelona, which would be a simple change at Milan, followed by a convenient nighttrain to Barcelona. Instead, I'm going Venice-Milan-Ventimiglia-Monaco-Nice-Montpelier-Barcelona, to arrive tomorrow evening. This is going to be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Grr, just burnt my iced buns. I was sitting literally three feet from the oven the whole time they were in there. The inside tastes ok (though not very lemony) so I've whipped up another batch of dough, just need to not let them burn to a crisp this time.

My awesome potential househusband credentials are slipping, I'm normally good at baking. (though this is the first time i've made dough by hand, I normally cheat and use the mixer)

Should add that I'm sitting in the kitchen waiting for the dough to rise and singing along to Chicago. I would have been burnt at the stake had i been born at some earlier point in time.
    Househusband skills are a must :yep: And I love baking. I made awesome banoffee cake earlier this holiday.

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Congrats! *applause* Are you going to publish it somewhere?
    Oh good lord no. A) I'm not a writer and it's bound to be hideously full of typos, bad grammar, uninteresting prose and fallacious arguments and B) Hardly any of it;s original. I wasn't going to sit there and read the new testament looking for geographical errors myself :p:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.