Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_D)
    The first thing I thought when I saw the vid was 'Damn I need to go to a gym'. You'll find someone soon don't worry, everyone has their self doubts
    Me too :p: But gyms cost roughly £30 per month in Cambridge, so it's a complete no-go. I'll have to make do with cycling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Esperanto got difficult!

You can start with a word such as 'ami'='to love', and end up with 'malpriamantinoj' meaning 'The females who expressed dislike'. You're meant to be able to deconstruct all the prefices and suffices mid sentence and find the 'am' hidden in the middle of the word that contains all the meaning :sad: NewSpeak evidently has its short-comings.
    Different language, but reminds me of this. I can't remember the language (possibly Persian?), where not only are words formed by putting lots of pre- and postfixes onto stems, the gaps between words can have meaning as well.

Languages are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is a big no-no in my book. Want to make me not fancy you? Smoke.

ReputationRep:
    I've already started. :bandit:

You're a rubbish trainer. :noway:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Hey gays. Am finally in Barcelona! My dorm is populated by a bunch of British skateboarders, and two ladies I haven't met yet. Seems decent, though. I feel bad for not going out on a Saturday night, but am really rather tired.

Hello new person who comes bearing pictures of hot dudes. You are welcome to stay and converse with us. :yep:

Hello! I keep clicking that spoiler and taking a moment to appreciate. :rolleyes:

Enjoy Barcelona. Are you there for long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Me too :p: But gyms cost roughly £30 per month in Cambridge, so it's a complete no-go. I'll have to make do with cycling
    I'll just use my university gym, it's only £60 for a whole year and as I plan to join the volleyball team next year I'll need membership for that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    Hello! I keep clicking that spoiler and taking a moment to appreciate. :rolleyes:

Enjoy Barcelona. Are you there for long?
    Probably a day or two, not sure where I'm going next. Interrailing is amusing like that.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else on dailybooth ? www.dailybooth.com/tylerolo

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm at uni now. And fate wanted me to meet the very good-looking LGTB society officer. So I'm meeting up with her and others on Tuesday. Somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Hey guys! I'm at uni now. And fate wanted me to meet the very good-looking LGTB society officer. So I'm meeting up with her and others on Tuesday. Somewhere.
    Awesome. :cool:

I've subscribed to your blog, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    A what?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :mad2: Leicester is in the Midlands. The HEART of the Midlands. I am no northerner. Indeed the northerners would be offended. :p:

But I shall overlook this and thank you for the compliment about my name. Now if only we could find this list ... :holmes:
    Ah, you're from Leicester... be totally honest here, but what do you think of it? (out of curiosity)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeyondandAbove)
    Have fun I'm going to subscribe to your blog too, I like to see how outsiders see England so I can compare my experience with theirs :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Ah, you're from Leicester... be totally honest here, but what do you think of it? (out of curiosity)
    Ooh. You have the same postcode as me. :cool:

I feel pretty indifferent about Leicester. It's not terribly beautiful, nor is it unbearably ugly. I don't go out much except to pubs and bars and I stick mainly to my little corner of the city, which I don't mind at all. My sixth form was the one on the uni campus actually. :yep:

How do you find it? It doesn't really compare to Brussels, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    Have fun I'm going to subscribe to your blog too, I like to see how outsiders see England Scotland so I can compare my experience with theirs :ninja:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Awesome. :cool:

I've subscribed to your blog, by the way.
    Thanks. Reminds me that I could actually write a new post. :p: (I feel so.. observed/watched now. :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    My God Nottingham has to be one of the most gay friendly unis in the UK. I've just received (and i presume every fresher has) in the post info from them telling me how to get involved what events they've got lined up etc etc. Yay for nottingham

ReputationRep:
    This has indeed been the fourth time I jumped on a taxi without realising I was out of cash.
    And the driver called the police without letting me offering any solutions, WTF? :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't like guys who smoke, it ruins the kissing :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    anyone else on dailybooth ? www.dailybooth.com/tylerolo
    I like your hat picture :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one wishing I was Veggie's (Tyler's) dog?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    I like your hat picture :teeth:
    aww thanking you

(Original post by Ataloss)
    Am I the only one wishing I was Veggie's (Tyler's) dog?
    NAUGHTY *whacks nose*

I just bought the most amazing coffee machine It's red and made the best coffee ever

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.